"Meat Is Murder" in Wall Street Journal book review of "33 Revolutions Per Minute"

An anonymous person writes:

See the sidebar where Meat is Murder is featured.

Angry Howls, Righteous Beats by Michael Azerrad, Wall Street Journal

review: 33 Revolutions Per Minute
By Dorian Lynskey

Meat Is Murder by The Smiths (1985) Buzzsaws and baying cows drape an eerie waltz as Morrissey murmurs that meat "is death for no reason / and death for no reason is murder." It remains pop's most *bracing statement about animal rights: "People tell me they became a vegetarian as a result of 'Meat is Murder,' " guitarist Johnny Marr said last year. "That is quite literally rock music changing someone's life."​

Last edited:
it's a disgrace , as the article goes about protestsongs, and names a few

Meat is Murder is an album, and also a song, and it's till today up to date
concerning the war against animal abuse/murder

and 1 sentence that is OK in the article
' bracing statements about animal rights' though the sentence could be more apropiate,
' an ongoing battle aginst animal abusers, and defending animal rights
Also should there be animal cops, in the USA there are, but here's its just police,
and in the nature, a bushguard, who carries a gun.

sorry for making it a big deal, but the album means a lot to me, and always will, and was

:mad:

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Meat Is Murder" in Wall Street Journal book review of "33 Revolutions P

I loath posts from mobile devices that inevitably have missing words and are not proofread.

Regarding proofreading: it's 'loathe' not 'loath'.

Re: Article: "Meat Is Murder" in Wall Street Journal book review of "33 Revolutions P

Regarding proofreading: it's 'loathe' not 'loath'.

I never knew that there were two spellings. But you are correct that I used the incorrect spelling in this case.

I never knew that there were two spellings. But you are correct that I used the incorrect spelling in this case.

It's easily done. I make similar mistakes every day.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom