Meet & greet information

STLSmithsMozFan84

If anyone has meet and greet info for any of the tour dates, including strategies to meet Moz and the guys before/after shows in specific cities/venues, share here please! I'm personally looking for tips for St. Louis such as; when do they show up for sound check and where, etc.

It's "a strategy for meeting Moz" there's a vicious rumour that although Moz is veggie/vegan, he still has a thing for cheese. Damon is his man friday / goffer, so hang around the nearest good cheese shop wait till Damon comes in and follow him back to Moz. It's obviously rediculous, but so is anything else it's not going to happenMoz will never do a meet and greet, arrives late to the back door of venues and just rushes in. forget it.

If there is such a strategy, I doubt very much anyone here will share it with you.

follow mando etc on insta/twitter, might give you a clue..

THIS guy??

upload_2017-9-27_7-32-40.png

It's "a strategy for meeting Moz" there's a vicious rumour that although Moz is veggie/vegan, he still has a thing for cheese. Damon is his man friday / goffer, so hang around the nearest good cheese shop wait till Damon comes in and follow him back to Moz. It's obviously rediculous, but so is anything else it's not going to happenMoz will never do a meet and greet, arrives late to the back door of venues and just rushes in. forget it.

Does this Damon guy have a Twitter or Facebook page? Do you have a pic of him? I'm hoping to meet Moz and have him autograph my arm like that one guy did and get it tattoo'd :)

Does this Damon guy have a Twitter or Facebook page? Do you have a pic of him? I'm hoping to meet Moz and have him autograph my arm like that one guy did and get it tattoo'd :)

It will be extremely difficult and the only way it will happen is complete and utter luck.

As others have said, it is not something he does.

Your best bet would be to be front row and hold up a pen in between a song and motion towards your arm

If anyone has meet and greet info for any of the tour dates, including strategies to meet Moz and the guys before/after shows in specific cities/venues, share here please! I'm personally looking for tips for St. Louis such as; when do they show up for sound check and where, etc.

hang around from 2 pm on(1 pm if you're desperate enough), and if you're very lucky he may stop before slipping through(usually) the back or side door.

hang around from 2 pm on(1 pm if you're desperate enough), and if you're very lucky he may stop before slipping through(usually) the back /side door.
When I had the pleasure, I waited for hours in the hot summer sun, only to have him walk straight past with that Morrissey smirk.
BUT- When I dashed outside after, I was the only person in a group of 5 or so that he talked to. It was weird. He walked past them, straight to me, and completely ignored them like he had done to me prior to the show. So whatever system you think you might have, I'd think again. He's a fickle little pickle.

Doesn't this perpetuate the cult of the hanger-on that has been increasingly prevalent in recent years? If you have an interest in someone, that's great, but to try to creep in layer by layer, outsider to insider is alarming to me.

I was at the Bloomington IL show back in 2015 and was leaning against the stage. He came over during a song and shook my hand which I now know how Elvis fans feel like. I damn near fainted lol I slid my folded up ticket stub in the cap of my sharpie and slid it to him. He picked it up, looked at me with that signature smart alec smirk as if to say "you thought it'd be that easy??" and then put it in his pocket lol.

Attachments

• 14705612_10211304772160840_6242108948072822222_n.jpg
    14705612_10211304772160840_6242108948072822222_n.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
Normally, when the free food provided by the promoters arrives backstage, the road manager calls him at the hotel and he heads over. Be on the look out for the food truck.

Normally, when the free food provided by the promoters arrives backstage, the road manager calls him at the hotel and he heads over. Be on the look out for the food truck.

who could pass on all those free vegan goodies ? don't blame him.

91 and 92, unless you were at the record store signings, it was hard. To much moz mania going on. 97, 99, 00, and 02. It was easy as cake. I knew the routine. Now, not a chance. He won't sign just cause you want him too. But good luck

After many years of trial and error, I have found that the best way is to dress up as a giant burrito, and wait by the band's tourbus, until Boz Boorer spots you and eats you. Hidden in his belly, Boz will then unwittingly carry you past security into the backstage area, where you can eavesdrop on the instrumental soundcheck. After this, Boz normally has a little snooze, during which time you can make your escape and hide yourself in Moz's dressing room until he appears, where he will normally happily sign anything for you, as he thinks you are venue staff.

I have done this several times, and it works without fail. Good luck my friend!

Tags
2017 tour backstage meet and greet morrissey tour vip
Back
Top Bottom