Meet our new additions!

almareallymatters

After five full years of nagging and begging by my children I have finally given in!

This is Lily....

DSCF0064.jpg

And this is Lottie.....

DSCF0067.jpg

They are 11 week old dwarf lops...born on Easter Sunday...REAL Easter bunnies!

I am totally smitten! :love:

(Does owning rabbits make you a better Morrissey fan?:rolleyes:)

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Awwww...they're adorable.

I used to have rabbits and lived in a house with 27-30 of them. :)

Rabbits are great pets. I remember pleading with my parents to keep a rabbit we found in our back garden that had run away.

The owners kindly let me and I named it Soup as I had a big thing for Tomato Soup at the time.

Then I remember coming home from school one afternoon to my Mum telling me Soup had died. I was distraught, and still blame that for my unwillingness to get close to anybody!

Good luck though Alma! :)

Rabbits are great pets. I remember pleading with my parents to keep a rabbit we found in our back garden that had run away.

The owners kindly let me and I named it Soup as I had a big thing for Tomato Soup at the time.

Then I remember coming home from school one afternoon to my Mum telling me Soup had died. I was distraught, and still blame that for my unwillingness to get close to anybody!

Good luck though Alma! :)

Thanks darling! :)

They are wonderful!...I wasn't expecting to fall for them...but I have...hook line and sinker! :o

R.I.P Soup! :tears:

Love Alma xxx

Congratulations. They're both very cute. :)

We never had a 'Pet-Rabbit' but sometimes Wild Rabbits come into our garden and I half-consider them to be Pets :o.

And I'll echo Cowshed's Good Luck: Good Luck.

Congratulations. They're both very cute. :)

We never had a 'Pet-Rabbit' but sometimes Wild Rabbits come into our garden and I half-consider them to be Pets :o.

And I'll echo Cowshed's Good Luck: Good Luck.

I wish everyone would stop wishing me GOOD LUCK...I'm getting bloody nervous now! ;)

My friends rabbit turned nasty...he got so violent she could only feed him wearing oven gloves! :eek:

Hopefully that won't happen to my girls! :thumb:

Love Alma xxx

OMG they're adorable <3333333

Congrats! the kids must be so happy with them ^_^

The kids are floating around on cloud nine...it's so hard getting them off to school in the mornings now though! :)

Rachel fell for Lottie because she has a little beauty spot on her face like Cindy Crawford! :sweet:

Dan chose Lily because she has red eyes "just like The Terminator!"...he wanted to call her "The Rabitator" but I put my foot down...boys will be boys I guess! :rolleyes:

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
I wish everyone would stop wishing me GOOD LUCK

I was more referring to Myxomatosis but I didn't want to bring it up, thought it would kill the mood. :o
I have seen it first hand and it is truly disgusting, be sure to have them vaccinated (if thats not standard nowadays).

...I'm getting bloody nervous now! ;)

I don't think you should be nervous at all :). Someone I know had two rabbits as well and rather unexpectedly got on very well with them.

Last edited:
I was more referring to Myxomatosis but I didn't want to bring it up, thought it would kill the mood. :o
I have seen it first hand and it is truly disgusting, be sure to have them vaccinated (if thats not standard nowadays).

I don't think you should be nervous at all :). Someone I know had two rabbits as well and rather unexpectedly got on very well with them.

Shusssh!...don't mention the *LOOKS OVER SHOULDER* "M" word! :eek: They might hear you!

I wasn't expecting it either...but I am now a real bunny fan! :thumb:

Love Alma xxx

Aw we always had bunnies as pets when I was younger....I would love one now but my garden is not big enough :(

Aww, I love bunnies.I have a couple wild ones that are always in my yard. I purposely leave a part of the land growing wild with grasses and weeds as they love to sit over in it and eat away.
A good tip for adding years to your bunnies lives, have them fixed, fixed bunnies tend to live quite a bit longer than bunnies that are not fixed.If you plan on taking them out a lot or bringing them into your house at times,make sure you do it in baby steps, bunnies do not often take well to change quickly, they are creatures of habit and can actually become ill or worse if too much things change over too quick a period.

This is one of my lovely neighbors.:D

bunny012.jpg

Too cute.Rabbits are easy maintenance pets....as long as the kids clean them out.;)

There's loads of baby bunnies out the front of my house on the common.Literally hundreds.

Aww, I love bunnies.I have a couple wild ones that are always in my yard. I purposely leave a part of the land growing wild with grasses and weeds as they love to sit over in it and eat away.
A good tip for adding years to your bunnies lives, have them fixed, fixed bunnies tend to live quite a bit longer than bunnies that are not fixed.If you plan on taking them out a lot or bringing them into your house at times,make sure you do it in baby steps, bunnies do not often take well to change quickly, they are creatures of habit and can actually become ill or worse if too much things change over too quick a period.

This is one of my lovely neighbors.:D

bunny012.jpg

Maybe I'm being a bit dim but I don't know what you mean by "fixed!"

We only got them on Friday and yes we are trying to get to know them slowly and not to make too many changes to their environment too quickly.

They seem to have settled in really well though and they are eating, drinking ....and pooing...plenty!

Thanks for the great advice! :)

Love Alma xxx

Too cute.Rabbits are easy maintenance pets....as long as the kids clean them out.;)

There's loads of baby bunnies out the front of my house on the common.Literally hundreds.

So far they do seem quite easy to care for...touch wood...I am on daily poo patrol but the kids have promised me FAITHFULLY that the big weekly clean out is down to them...yeah right! :rolleyes:

I've brought them both some small sized rubber gloves! :thumb: (the kids...not the rabbits!)

Love Alma xxx

Maybe I'm being a bit dim but I don't know what you mean by "fixed!"

We only got them on Friday and yes we are trying to get to know them slowly and not to make too many changes to their environment too quickly.

They seem to have settled in really well though and they are eating, drinking ....and pooing...plenty!

Thanks for the great advice! :)

Love Alma xxx

Sorry, spayed and neutered, it also helps to make them more relaxed and better temperament.

Tags
bunnies cute pets
Back
Top Bottom