Message from Morrissey re:Johnny vs. Dave Cameron

Exactly.It was a golden opportunity,but nothing.And no excuse for not appearing on the show apart from Cameron supporting blood sports.Maybe he just bottled it

Or maybe he didn't think he'd be able to control his temper or say anything except 'David - you are a complete and utter twat and I abhor everything you stand for'.

It was just after the non-interview in the Guardian, so maybe he'd just had enough to go through the same thing again on TV.

I'm sure no matter what he'd said, the lazy-bastard journalists in this country would have done the same reaction piece they always do. They all just seem to be 'variations on a theme':

Mention the break up of The Smiths
Mention the court case - 'devious, truculent and unreliable'
Mention that Morrissey is now mega-rich
List all his 'controversial' quotes from over the years
Project your own vision of Morrissey on to him (based on what he was like 20 years ago usually)

without bothering to analyse and report on the actual event/interview.

Plus, if it was me, I wouldn't want a politician I hated getting extra publicity off my back - even if it did give me the opportunity to vent my frustrations on the telly.

'Variations on a Theme' would make a good song title I think.

Random post over :squiffy:

Edit: Actually, I might as well add that I wish that S McCartney would do a range of animal friendly shoes for people who earn normal wages.

Another Edit: Come to think of it, I think that Thatcher has had a massively negative impact on the likelihood of another woman ever becoming PM. Just my opinion...

Last edited:
Bryan Ferret... haha I thought it was a typo at first

all this because of a twitter, fascinating :eek:
I hope Moz don't start twittering now :straightface:
though I did like reading what he had to say :guitar:

How could you restrict such a genius to 140 characters - he can knock out 1200 words of vitriol before breakfast.

I loved the opening line "I would like to, if I may, offer support to Johnny Marr" it should continue.... "when he next performs in Manchester"...:guitar:

Dave

Or maybe he didn't think he'd be able to control his temper or say anything except 'David - you are a complete and utter twat and I abhor everything you stand for'.

It was just after the non-interview in the Guardian, so maybe he'd just had enough to go through the same thing again on TV.

I'm sure no matter what he'd said, the lazy-bastard journalists in this country would have done the same reaction piece they always do. They all just seem to be 'variations on a theme':

Mention the break up of The Smiths
Mention the court case - 'devious, truculent and unreliable'
Mention that Morrissey is now mega-rich
List all his 'controversial' quotes from over the years
Project your own vision of Morrissey on to him (based on what he was like 20 years ago usually)

without bothering to analyse and report on the actual event/interview.

Plus, if it was me, I wouldn't want a politician I hated getting extra publicity off my back - even if it did give me the opportunity to vent my frustrations on the telly.

'Variations on a Theme' would make a good song title I think.

Random post over :squiffy:

Edit: Actually, I might as well add that I wish that S McCartney would do a range of animal friendly shoes for people who earn normal wages.

I dont think our man would use such language,Reader,certainly not on camera anyway.As for Cameron,who I have a sneaky admiration for (Ive just listened to Yes sir I can Boogie,so Im in a moment) hes upper class,thats what they do

I dont think our man would use such language,Reader,certainly not on camera anyway.As for Cameron,who I have a sneaky admiration for (Ive just listened to Yes sir I can Boogie,so Im in a moment) hes upper class,thats what they do

He probably wouldn't use as foul language as me (I'm not middle-class, despite what Boris Johnson's sister may say) but that's sort of what I meant.

He wouldn't want to risk 'having a moment' on TV. Surely he'd be thinking:

'I wanna keep me reputation
I'm a sensation
You try me once, you'll beg for more

Yes Sir, I can boogie...' :p

He probably wouldn't use as foul language as me (I'm not middle-class, despite what Boris Johnson's sister may say) but that's sort of what I meant.

He wouldn't want to risk 'having a moment' on TV. Surely he'd be thinking:

'I wanna keep me reputation
I'm a sensation
You try me once, you'll beg for more

Yes Sir, I can boogie...' :p

i still think he pussied out

Another Edit: Come to think of it, I think that Thatcher has had a massively negative impact on the likelihood of another woman ever becoming PM. Just my opinion...

Wow. Really? Even a woman who represented a different party?

Thatcher accomplished one good thing; she made Monty Python's Parrot sketch obsolete:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Really? Even a woman who represented a different party?

Thatcher accomplished one good thing; she made Monty Python's Parrot sketch obsolete:

Sadly. Yes. I think she f*!ked it for us in this Country:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the opening line "I would like to, if I may, offer support to Johnny Marr" it should continue.... "when he next performs in Manchester"...:guitar:

That's so sweet.

"Politically, I long for the day when it is finally acknowledged in the House of Lords that the indigestible business of the meat industry corrupts and destroys the planet more than any other profit organization."

Opening one's eyes is hard. Morrissey is a perfect Medusa. He point out what's scary.

It's such an interesting pleasure to watch Morrissey supporting Marr's statement. Of course it means nothing 'bout Smiths reunion - a thing I really couldn't stand - but it appears to guarantee that they still have some - even tiny - bonds among them besides business.

Does he frequently sign his name with a period? Or just once a month? :p

What a rambling statement with no cohesion but I agree with the sentiment. Nice to see Moz sticking up for Marr

Can Morrissey make a statement about cricket? Is Test Match cricket the highest of intellectual pursuits on a sporting field that espouses the greatest virtues of gentlemanly competitiveness or is it a game for toffs? ANyone watching? I don't like cricket, I love it

My immediate response to this is one of bemusement. Cameron's policies on hunting seem to me a highly peripheral issue, I really couldn't care less if Bryan Ferry hunts or not and Morrissey's feelings about either of these things strikes me as profoundly....whateverish. If he honestly rejects Roxy Music because he's discovered that Bryan Ferry hunts, I must admit I find that rather unappealingly and narrow-mindedly fanatical. Sticking to rigid principles that virtually no-one share is fine. Violently rejecting everyone who doesn't smacks of unattractive sectarianism. But this is Morrissey - witty, uncompromising, consistent and, um, let's call it other-worldly.

cheers

Oh so very well said. :thumb:

Looks like I'm the only one who's appalled at Morrissey's words:
"I cannot use the him/her term in relation to a Prime Minister because, as we all know, Margaret Thatcher has ensured that a female Prime Minister would never again be risked." Ermmm... why?
If Margaret Thatcher had been a male Prime Minister and you wouldn't agree with anything he does and you'd think that he did great harm to the entire nation, would you say your country shouldn't risk another male PM? So isn't it the political views you confront, is it now the gender of the person?

Oh so very well said. :thumb:

Looks like I'm the only one who's appalled at Morrissey's words:
"I cannot use the him/her term in relation to a Prime Minister because, as we all know, Margaret Thatcher has ensured that a female Prime Minister would never again be risked." Ermmm... why?
If Margaret Thatcher had been a male Prime Minister and you wouldn't agree with anything he does and you'd think that he did great harm to the entire nation, would you say your country shouldn't risk another male PM? So isn't it the political views you confront, is it now the gender of the person?

I think what he was trying to say there (although of course I could be completely off the mark) was that because of what Thatcher did to the country, voters who lived through that period might be more likely to stay with the 'safe', familiar option; that is, a man. Of course it would be a fallacy to assume that someone's gender would necessarily affect how they run the country, but I think many people might immediately make that connection and perhaps be put off voting for a new female to be PM. That's just how I saw it though.

Tags
animals <3 brilliant cheese fun stuff
Back
Top Bottom