Middlesbrough - Town Hall (July 8, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (scan from an anonymous person)

Panic / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Want The One I Can't Have / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / People Are The Same Everywhere / Alma Matters / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by halfapostman

Morrissey At Middlesbrough Town Hall. Clips, Snips And Pointless Artefacts. - The Northern Line. Link posted by eddiegray.

Last edited:
I wonder if Boro Lad was there. The only decent bloke in the chatroom of old. Forgot his nickname but to me he was always boro lad the postman and takeaway addict :)

Urban in Sweden

(drum roll.............de derrrr!!) I was there Urb... and half of the takeaway is in the fridge) :squiffy:

And he did definitely have a white plaster rolled around the first knuckle of his right index finger (if that kid broke his finger, he shouldn't be allowed in the front area ever again! Maybe this goes without saying even if M's finger isn't broken). Anyway...

Just an observation...M had a plaster (colourful, patterned blue) on that finger when he walked on in Leeds...maybe the guy who had his hand (just in front of me) was hurting an old wound...anyways, he also had two big rings on, one on his wedding finger, both with large dark stones set in silver...I think he lost one of these but someone centre barrier passed it back maybe? Yay...Saturday!

Plasters.......Moz had a plaster on his right (I think) index finger at Glasto, by the time he got to Hop Farm he also had one on his left thumb.......this may not be due to handshakes.......could be a new pet?

He hurt his finger in Hawick - Shook someone's hand and then grimaced and rubbed it a few times.

Good gig tonight.
Got to watch from the side of the front barrier, Boz-side tonight.

Kristeen Young did a great job, her costume tonight was a tailored black dress with an open cut on the left side baring her enviously thin waistline. The cut was lined with red at the edges. Hair wild and wavy like on her new EP instead of the pompadour. Her head was on a platter, literally. I believe this is in one of the movies one of her new ep's songs is based on, but also witty. Always nice to see someone be creative and different onstage. The songs seemed to be well-received in the audience. Several cheers and a lot of people just listening.

Moz wore navy-blue soft canvas pants tonight. For the shirts, he started with a sparkly sheer black button-down shirt, which he sweated a lot in and suggestively opened the collar again. Then I think the next one was a white button-down with black trim on either side of the button-line, later a really cool black one with red trim. And he did definitely have a white plaster rolled around the first knuckle of his right index finger (if that kid broke his finger, he shouldn't be allowed in the front area ever again! Maybe this goes without saying even if M's finger isn't broken). Anyway...

The band wore grey shirts with James Dean's image and name printed on them.

Overall the crowd seemed less rowdy and quieter than Stoke and Leeds, understandable considering Leeds was just last night. M seemed in great spirits if a touch tired, speeding up some lines here and there. But he still delivered a truly great show.

From my new vantage point, I enjoyed his body language a lot more, except for the punching fist one, which made me put my camera away :blushing:. He was really humourous during I Want the One I Can't Have, doing a double-breast feel gesture on himself a couple times and also miming quickly grabbing another's crotch in front ("on the day when your mentality, decides to catch up with your biology..."). He played off the power loss very well, patiently waited while the crowd cheered and kept in physical communication with us, the dance jig was really cute. When it was obvious it would take more time to resume the power, he exited stage right and the band followed. The crew figured it out in about 5 minutes (ghost of Middlesbrough Town Hall?). M quipped that he had to feed 20 pence to the meter by the Fuzzy Lemon (?). So glad M and band came back onstage and continued with People Are the Same Everywhere.

Changed around the setlist a little bit with Panic in front (as mentioned earlier). Great opening energy from M/the band and the audience, singing along.

I Know It's Over done very well again, the outro lines half-mimed instead of sung as if he felt the earth falling over his head.

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell - Solomon totally rocked this song, intro to the end.

Gustavo rocked the synth on I think it was the end of IBEH or one of the new songs. I liked what he played at that part the best of any of the nighs.

Meat Is Murder - noticed that before they begin, M and band came together very prayerfully around the drums. They stay contemplative throughout the entire song. I noticed more of the video tonight, too, of the meat-packing industry. So sad. The pre-song banter was about finally turning on the tv again and how ugly it was that William and Kate watched and cheered on a bull fight where barbed wire was cruelly wrapped around the bull's testicles.

There Is a Light - great with both M and the audience singing along. Was this the encore ?

Setlist was paper-airplaned and tossed out to audience, so we got the whole show.

M was a lot more partial to stage left/house right tonight for shaking hands, but he did come around stage right/house left a few times.

Sorry that's all I can recall at the moment.
Still catching up from blogging late last night.
This is my last show of this tour.
4 shows and 1 festival, whew!

Hope everyone who's going to the other shows or Kristeen's London residency has tons of fun!!

cheers/Rock On! :guitar:
romeogirl

as all yer revieuws of the gigs, thanks again fot this one,
as good, infomed and devoted as many of us [TINW] about Morrissey
and his band and the vibe...you do us, well me a big favour, just have
to wait to see Morrissey live meself again, twice I hope

thanks romeogirl

:thumb:

thanks romeogirl

I do not think that romeogirl is a reliable source. What gave her away? She wrote that Kristeen Young has thin legs. Maybe she is just really fat herself, because to me thin legs look different. If I have legs like Kristeen Young after the odd cake or ice cream too many, I find I seriously have to work out to properly fit in my pants again. This could be the reason why she wears so many skirts, haha, pants too tight.

I thought I'd also post a photo from last night's gig.
Not brilliant as taken with my phone, but not too bad either...

Pretty good for a phone camera. He looks just as I expected him to look after Hop Farm. I'll check the youtube videos as well, because such still pictures do not always give a proper impression either. But the place you stood at is impressive. Groupie. ;)

thanks romeogirl

REGARDING THE PLASTERS. DONT YOU THINK HE MAY BE ECHOING KRISTEENS BANDEGE WRISTS----- just a thought

So sorry...he changed the order around.. i meant he didn't put anything new in...Morrissey is right...the site is getting shite...can't post anything without come clever shite being sarcastic :(

Pit Village, I couldn't have put it better myself well said, it needs sorted out or shut down - always the anons too x

Saturday, 9 July 2011
My Live Tour Journal 2011

July 8th

Middlesbrough. A place where one feels overdressed if one's shellsuit is not stained. Lovely pub over the road from the venue. Was enjoying it until a couple of meth heads took a dump on the bar in protest at being refused a drink. Frightening girls with frightening eyes. Is it just me or do the Boro women look harder than the blokes? Strolled around the town centre in the early afternoon and didn't see a solitary skirt. Just lots of big girls stomping around in shellsuit trousers, with their prams and tattoos. The blokes? Big girls' blouses mostly. Boz and I scared a couple of wimpy-looking lads with a cold stare just behind the car park near KFC.

Watched a couple of episodes of Fawlty Towers pre-gig. 'The Hotel Inspectors' helped the old vocal cords relax suitably prior to the warm-up routine (Diana Dors as usual).

Shame about the pain au raisin. I'm not a diva. I don't demand a thousand purple freesias, an art-deco vase to smash up and a polite young man to bring me things, unlike so many international pop icons these days. I ask for one thing. A shop-fresh Co-Op pain-au-raisin, warm out of the oven. Look, if there isn't a Co-Operative close by, then at least have the courtesy to put it in the microwave for twenty seconds before presenting it. The stone cold, lumpen thing the bods at Middlesbrough Town Hall expected me to dine on was a disgrace quite frankly. I won't lie. I almost cancelled... Thankfully Boz was on hand to comfort me for a while... My selfish tears dried up as I realised how important this night was to the people of Middlesbrough. As Boz said, 'Moz these people have nothing. Even their factories and coalmines no longer work. There's a nineteen year old girl crying and shivering outside in that queue, just hoping for a glimpse of the mesmerising man who saved her life.' It was enough.

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

1. Panic
  2. First Of The Gang To Die
  3. You're The One For Me Fatty
  4. Shoplifters of the World Unite
  5. Everyday is like Sunday
  6. I Want the One I can't Have
  7. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
  8. You Have Killed Me
  9. Action is my Middle Name
  10. I Know It's Over
  11. Satellite of Love
  12. People are the Same Everywhere
  13. Alma Matters
  14. One Day Goodbye will be Farewell
  15. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
  16. Meat is Murder
  17. Speedway
  18. Irish Blood, English Heart
  19. There is a Light That Never Goes Out (encore)

Powercut was after the intro to action is my middle name then 5 minutes later they restarted it.

Another fantastic night. Great venue and great set. I was a bit worried when they had the power cut as to how Mozzer might respond but no need. Enjoyed the party at the Medicine Bar later. But how spectacularly awful was Kirsteen Young - like a shrieking Tori Amos without the tunes (and Tori Amos struggles for decent songs).

(drum roll.............de derrrr!!) I was there Urb... and half of the takeaway is in the fridge) :squiffy:

Haha you old nutter!
I thought you might have been in Egypt by now mate!
Hope you had a great night and enjoyed the gig. Maybe we will chat in future in the chatroom. Have a great summer!!

Why oh why does Moz insist on inflicting that painful durge of 'Meat Is Murder' on everyone? I've been a vegetarian since I was 14 but that song barely works on the album, never mind live. Musically painful. I suppose it gives the audience a chance to nip out to the bar or go to the toilet...

REGARDING THE PLASTERS. DONT YOU THINK HE MAY BE ECHOING KRISTEENS BANDEGE WRISTS----- just a thought

Not to get all Nancy Drew on you, but considering he had antiseptic ointment in his bag that he offered to Janice Long a few weeks ago, I'd say it's more than likely a real wound under there.

Good gig, but there really are some idiots at Morrissey gigs.

Chief among them last night was the clown who during "I Know It's Over", one of Morrissey's most beautiful and emotional songs, decided to shout "WAHEY" after the lines "as i climb into an emoty bed", and worst of all shout "HA HA HA HA" after "and if you're so funny".

You aren't on a stag night you witless c*** you're at a gig.

Good gig, but there really are some idiots at Morrissey gigs.

Chief among them last night was the clown who during "I Know It's Over", one of Morrissey's most beautiful and emotional songs, decided to shout "WAHEY" after the lines "as i climb into an emoty bed", and worst of all shout "HA HA HA HA" after "and if you're so funny".

You aren't on a stag night you witless c*** you're at a gig.

that was funny

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom