Mike Connors was "Today's F.B.I."

J

Justin Playfair

"Today's F.B.I." starring Mike Connors. This is the show that disappointed everyone. All the hype, all the buildup, all the promises, this was supposed to be Mike Connors return to relevance, this was supposed to be Joseph Cali's ticket to superstardom (with that California smile of his), however, the writers were too timid, too something, they just sucked. I think this show lasted a season, or two, and then mercifully was blasted off into outer space, presumably never to be seen again, until now, when it pops up onto Morrissey-Solo of all places. What the.....?

Mike Connors was "Today's F.B.I."

-even for me this post is bad. I am drunk so, sort of, so......

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Aggressive Music I listen to when I'm feeling Peevish" thread has already been retired, for some reason. Sent to the grave too soon in my opinion. So to somehow tie this song that I want to post, to the Mike Connors-Joseph Cali debacle that traumatized American television viewers in the early '80's, I'll do it this way.

In the early 80's, when one was feeling a bit peevish, they may tune in to aggressive television like the Mike Connors' adrenaline charged, "Today's F.B.I." A snippet from this awesome song that surfaced in the early 90's, would've fit in nicely with a car chase scene, as Connors & Cali desperately try to catch the "bad guys." Yes a snippet from this classic would've added even more adrenaline, to the tightrope walking elements of danger, that were always displayed on "Today's F.B.I."

"Slaves and Bulldozers" by Soundgarden

-This is cut three off of "Badmotorfinger." I always have this CD in my quiver whenever I set out on a road trip. I love playing it at 1am, or 2am, or 3am, when journeying through lonely highways and falling asleep at the wheel. Deer on the sides of the road, sometimes darting out in front of you, coffee being sipped every three or four minutes, eating one orange slice after another after another, trying to focus on the bright red tail lights of the semi-truck in front of you, as you both slowly crawl up mountain highways, leaning forward in your driver's seat, gripping the steering wheel Tightly to jolt you awake; "Badmotorfinger" is the perfect album for all of this. (Although I never make it past track six or seven, I just go back to the beginning and listen to it, over and over again.) Strangely enough the other perfect album for all of this is "Cosmic Thing" by the B-52's.

Early 90's 'Garden, take two..png

-Early 90's 'Garden.

Mike Connors still lives, he's 89. Wow! Here he is in a classic clip from the beloved, "Mannix."

Mike Connors will always be "Mannix".....

-Clip from the episode "Skid Marks On A Dry Run," guest starring lovely Wende Wagner (who appears in this classic "Mannix" clip.)

Like the gentle sands that have fallen softly through the hourglass, Mike Connors,

"You Were Good In Your Time" by Morrissey

"Time takes all, breath away

You were good in your time

and we Thank You sooooooo, soooooo"

Mike Connors, he was good in his time!.jpg

And when they speak of the legends, please remember to whisper the name of Mike Connors.

Please remember to whisper the name of Mike Connors..jpg

"Babaji" by Supertramp

-Music, lyrics, & lead vocals by Roger Hodgson. On the album the songwriting credits are attributed to Roger and Rick Davies. However, Roger wrote the song by his lonesome.

Back
Top Bottom