Miley Cyrus covers "There Is A Light..." in Belfast

Re: Miley Cyrus sings There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Mika-with-gun-in-mouth.jpg

It's better than WPINOYB.

I don't imagine there's a large crossover between Miley Cyrus and Smiths fans tbf.

I'd hit it but I wouldn't go to one of her shows or buy her music.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wish they would have recorded the whole thing. Everyone hates on Miley, but she has a beautiful voice. If you want to see what I'm talking about, watch this video:

She did it in the same key as the original Smiths' version, which was probably a dumb idea. Sounds terrible. She should have transposed it a couple steps up like the Dum Dum Girls did and it might have sounded at least in key. Even Morrissey has done it a half step higher than the original version in recent years.

Does this really need to be on this site?

I wish they would have recorded the whole thing. Everyone hates on Miley, but she has a beautiful voice. If you want to see what I'm talking about, watch this video:

My wife plays this version all the time.

All.
The.
Time.

I think she has more talent in one pinky than other "singers" have in their entire body. And she's just a kid stuck in the biz for her whole life handling it well if you ask me. I'm not ashamed to admit there was a time in my life when I regularly watch Hannah Montana. :o

this feels weird but I don't think she did a bad job and that version someone posted on here of "Jolene" is remarkable :eek:
honestly? the truth is that she is only 21 and I see her as someone just as likely to be a great musical artist by 30 :guitar:
as much I think she could end up being found dead in a hotel room :straightface:

Surely one of the oddest covers for a Smiths/Morrissey song ever. Not musically (it's more than fine) but more like two planes of existence I never thought would intersect. With the whole selfie obsession wrapped into it, too.

But what in God's name is she wearing??

this feels weird but I don't think she did a bad job and that version someone posted on here of "Jolene" is remarkable :eek:

A song written and made popular by Miley's godmother...Dolly Parton.

A song written and made popular by Miley's godmother...Dolly Parton.

yeah, Dolly's original version is gr8 too of course :thumb: actually, I like a lot of versions of this song, for years I would have said

this version was my fave :blushing:
I like the one you just posted as well though :)

That was seriously awesome, she sings it with a lot of feeling, I'm totally amazed. Only the fact she even knows the song is just great.

It wasn't the worst cover I've heard, by far.

I feel a bit sorry for the likes of Miley that get used and abused by the music industry from childhood. None of 'em are ever right after are they?

Actually surprised by this she has a great voice for country music no wonder she has done all those other covers. She really should change her musical direction away from pop.

The chorus was ok but she murdered the rest of the song. I don't like media manufactured bands/singers using real proper crafted songs as touch-points to pretend they are genuine artists. The music of The Smiths and Morrissey should not be tarnished with the sticky fingerprints of musically maladjusted magpies.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom