MOJO Magazine: Johnny Marr teases “Strangeways” box set (November Issue, number 336)

‘Meanwhile, Marr confirms rumours of a Strangeways, Here We Come box set are not unfounded’
“Yeah, there’s been some talk of a Strangeways box...particularly on that last album, what we were after sonically meant that the [work in progress] monitor mixes were a really good listen. They didn’t need a lot of bells and whistles. The rough mixes and demos from that period hold up really well. So, yeah, it’s be nice to see them all lovingly curated somewhere or other.”

Interesting, though personally haven’t heard any of the “rumours” mentioned here...

The rest of the short article just talks about his new album - this was the only part that seemed particularly relevant.
ABB086D2-A3D7-43AD-97A6-AF9842ED9C25.jpeg

Gregor Samsa: If you knew who I am, instead of judging by judging, I might have another opinion, but it's just a matter of recklessly rating people, maybe because I'm from Argentina, a South American country, and some closed minds. they already have preformed opinions, if I am a woman from Argentina and I am not a charlatan or anything like that I do not seek to offend anyone, I only admire Morrissey.La human quality does not depend on the country of birth......

For the archive:
full

FWD.

Gregor Samsa: If you knew who I am, instead of judging by judging, I might have another opinion, but it's just a matter of recklessly rating people, maybe because I'm from Argentina, a South American country, and some closed minds. they already have preformed opinions, if I am a woman from Argentina and I am not a charlatan or anything like that I do not seek to offend anyone, I only admire Morrissey.La human quality does not depend on the country of birth......
It has nothing do with your language or your country of origin. But you do seem to act as if Morrissey owes you something, be it interviews, new music, commenting on current events such as the Astley/Blossoms shows, and you tend to get riled up when he 'fails' to do so. It's unnerving. You come off as a crazed fan.

It has nothing do with your language or your country of origin. But you do seem to act as if Morrissey owes you something, be it interviews, new music, commenting on current events such as the Astley/Blossoms shows, and you tend to get riled up when he 'fails' to do so. It's unnerving. You come off as a crazed fan.
It's fine, but I'm not a craggy fan and I don't think Morrissey should give me anything, I just say things when I don't like something,.ok it's not so much,Morrissey is. .. only one singer, and I know that he does not take us into account

A huge deluxe 15 Cd boxset of this period would be the perfect place to stick those post-Marr recordings (Vegan Cro's favourite era of the band, I presume). It'll never happen, but I live in hope.

Demo's aren't meant to be amazing art , its a way to see the sketch drawings that made way for the grand painting.
In other words , it gives people a chance to enjoy the "process"
Or suffer the process: The Stone Roses’ Garage Flower LP being a case in point.

Tags
box set johnny marr strangeways

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom