More rare versions of Morrissey / Smiths songs uploaded

I dropped a couple of new links in the Downloads section. Happy New Year guys!

Thanks very much!

tumblr_nr4n1iPeRU1tphfm1o1_500.jpg

Cool - can someone post the full version of 'Kit' pretty please?

I think this version of "Find Out For Yourself" is the same from the already out there, but much more clearer(lauder), what do you guys think?
There does seem to be additional whammy overdubs in the version shared by Michael Bone, but it's possible they are present in the previously available recording and just aren't audible due to inferior sound quality. Either way, I'm loving it.

There does seem to be additional whammy overdubs in the version shared by Michael Bone, but it's possible they are present in the previously available recording and just aren't audible due to inferior sound quality. Either way, I'm loving it.

If this is the same take as the original, inferior quality leak, it's a different edit. The middle eight from roughly 2:18 to 2:30 was not there before. The original leak also, obviously, was faded before the cold end.

If this is the same take as the original, inferior quality leak, it's a different edit. The middle eight from roughly 2:18 to 2:30 was not there before. The original leak also, obviously, was faded before the cold end.
I was about to edit my post to mention this, but you beat me to it. I just listened to the original leak for comparison and the inclusion of the heretofore absent middle eight in the Michael Bone leak was the big tip-off that these are two distinct recordings. I also strained in vain to hear those additional whammy textures. I'm confident this new leak is a different demo from the more familiar electric demo.

Last edited:
Go for it. If we can keep this all in one area I am all for it.

And to prove it's "me" here is another one. I think this is a different version than the electric version that is already out there. If not, then sorry for the repeat...

https://soundcloud.com/michael-bone-846665416/find-out
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself "different" electric demo version

by the way, there's a different version of You Must Please Remember out there too...

Most kind of you, thanks.

Thank you so much what a great xmas and new year present next Bowie album and Johnny Moped single and album amd Jim Jones & righteous mind not to forget forthcoming Faerground Accidents single & album

Re: Some songs

Many thanks once again to Peter, and also to 'Michael Bone', your generosity is much appreciated. :)
The two new Smiths outtakes in particular are a most welcome surprise.

This has prompted me to revisit the list of Smiths songs/outtakes known to exist, yet to be made available.

Accept Yourself - early piano version (4:34)
Bigmouth Strikes Again - studio outtake (3:24)
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - studio outtake (3:23)
Cemetry Gates - studio outtake (3:06)
Frankly Mr Shankly - studio outtake (2:26)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - Decibel Studios demo
I Know It's Over - studio outtake (5:52)
I Want A Boy For My Birthday - home recording/demo
A Matter Of Opinion - home recording/demo
Never Had No One Ever - instrumental (5:48)
The Queen Is Dead - instrumental (3:36)
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - studio outtake (4:45)
Suffer Little Children - Decibel Studios demo (7:00)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan - studio outtake (3:02)
Vicar In A Tutu - instrumental (4:43)

Most of these (the TQID outakes/instrumentals) can be found on the same cd-r as Never Had No One Ever was ripped from.
Anyone? :D
Joking aside, not so many left to be unearthed now, the early recordings may be somewhat trickier (I want A Boy For My Birthday, A Matter Of Opinion and the two Decibel demos sold by Dale to a private collector), but most of the others should be within reach.

A rush and a push and the songs are ours... :)

Happy New Year to all at Solo!

PS: You won't find anything like this on the 'other site' or elsewhere on the internet, this is why, warts and all, I say accept no imitations.

And lets not forget that there are versions of This Charming Man and Girl Afraid with Amanda Malone on vocals recorded in 1984 floating out there somewhere..

Here's three more. I think that's it for now, unless I find another old drive or something. I'm not sure if these have been posted before, I think the Never Had No One Ever might have been. It's a little freaky - laughter and trumpets and such.

Boy Racer Demo: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/boy

Never Had No One Ever early version: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/never

Southpaw early version: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/s-paw

I listened to all the other stuff you posted and was let down because I already had everything...but then, I heard this version of 'Southpaw'. Amazing. Thank you. Thank you so much.

God, that was amazing, I absolutely love that version of "Bengali in platforms"

Thanks everyone for all this amazing stuff

A bit late in the game, but thanks Peter and the others. This is fantastic to hear.

One love!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom