Morrissey 2019-05-02 New York

Is it legal to record the concert (and distribute)?

The May 7th recording sounds just as good! Should be on DIME sometime this weekend.

The quality is just insane, and holy shit dude just looking through your past recordings and the Ween/Decemberists stuff is amazing .. together with Moz thats 3 of my all time top 5!

Haha, I figured you had a bit of brown in ya.

And how about them Decemberists? I wish they would tour more. They cancelled on me last tour (Colin was sick, I think).

Haha, I figured you had a bit of brown in ya.

And how about them Decemberists? I wish they would tour more. They cancelled on me last tour (Colin was sick, I think).

Sadly only seen The Decemberists once a couple of years ago, but god damn it was an amazing gig!
Only seen Ween on one tour too around 10 years ago, but saw them on 3 consecutive nights where they only played 1 song multiple times - value for money!

Sadly only seen The Decemberists once a couple of years ago, but god damn it was an amazing gig!
Only seen Ween on one tour too around 10 years ago, but saw them on 3 consecutive nights where they only played 1 song multiple times - value for money!

Not a fan of Ween, but I wanted to experience their live shows, so I went to the two December holiday nights in Port Chester. Interesting band. Crazy audience. Completely different setlist each night.

My favorite Decemberists show was 2015 Radio City Music Hall. Colin played a few solo acoustic songs to open, then full band "Leslie Anne Levine." Amazing!

I will spare the person the embarrassment, but @docinwestchester 's work is doing the rounds as a physical audio boot now (tracklisting is identical down to including the video after LMKY).

20190515_205606.jpg

Infamy at last :)
Regards,
FWD.

I will spare the person the embarrassment, but @docinwestchester 's work is doing the rounds as a physical audio boot now (tracklisting is identical down to including the video after LMKY).

View attachment 49651

Infamy at last :)
Regards,
FWD.
Not the first time that’s happened. But I’m cool with it. My attitude is that once in the public domain, my bootlegs are fair game for anyone and anything. Share the love! (even if you profit from it)

Not the first time that’s happened. But I’m cool with it. My attitude is that once in the public domain, my bootlegs are fair game for anyone and anything. Share the love! (even if you profit from it)
I would totally agree given the amount of recordings I've amassed over the years, but I do think a bit of credit for people's efforts is fair.
Regards,
FWD.

Is it legal to record the concert (and distribute)?
Well the key factor is that no one is profiting from this as no money is changing hands so the artist is losing nothing. And given that Morrissey used to collect and share live tapes of his favourite bands back in the day, he can hardly have an issue with it. I got my first 2 live New York Dolls tapes from Morrissey back in 1980. He didn’t have the equipment to copy them so he sent me his tapes, I copied them and sent them back to him. Strange thinking back to those pre-internet days!!

Well the key factor is that no one is profiting from this as no money is changing hands so the artist is losing nothing. And given that Morrissey used to collect and share live tapes of his favourite bands back in the day, he can hardly have an issue with it. I got my first 2 live New York Dolls tapes from Morrissey back in 1980. He didn’t have the equipment to copy them so he sent me his tapes, I copied them and sent them back to him. Strange thinking back to those pre-internet days!!
Twin cassette recorders, lots of blank tapes, letraset and a walk to the photocopiers...
Onwards to Badlands, posting them off or a record fair.
Halcyon days indeed.
I have and never will believe anyone who attempts to maintain any moral high ground when it comes to bootlegs/demos/rarities.
Even more so in the digital age where it's just a click of a button. I put enough of my own money in to Morrissey et al's pockets to feel not one pang of guilt about it ever. I believe actively sharing these items only serves to encourage collecting, interest and spending.
I think that he who is without any bootleg, illicit MP3 or unreleased track whatsoever on their hard drive can cast the first digital stone, but I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't broken that 'rule' themselves.
I get hundreds of queries about 'do you have...?' and helping people hear the things they want to hear will never really bother me. Downloading isn't compulsory, but I suspect the overwhelming majority can't resist :)
Regards,
FWD.

Twin cassette recorders, lots of blank tapes, letraset and a walk to the photocopiers...
Onwards to Badlands, posting them off or a record fair.
Halcyon days indeed.
I have and never will believe anyone who attempts to maintain any moral high ground when it comes to bootlegs/demos/rarities.
Even more so in the digital age where it's just a click of a button. I put enough of my own money in to Morrissey et al's pockets to feel not one pang of guilt about it ever. I believe actively sharing these items only serves to encourage collecting, interest and spending.
I think that he who is without any bootleg, illicit MP3 or unreleased track whatsoever on their hard drive can cast the first digital stone, but I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't broken that 'rule' themselves.
I get hundreds of queries about 'do you have...?' and helping people hear the things they want to hear will never really bother me. Downloading isn't compulsory, but I suspect the overwhelming majority can't resist :)
Regards,
FWD.
Is It Avaliable To be Sold Or @docinwestchester Is Doing a Clean Mp3 For That gig ? :violin::key:

Is It Avaliable To be Sold Or @docinwestchester Is Doing a Clean Mp3 For That gig ? :violin::key:
?
You already liked the MP3 320 for this gig on page one of the thread. This is someone selling the recording of the Doc's work (as shared on dime). If you can access the torrent or have downloaded the 320 here, then you already have the exact same thing that is being offered for money.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom