Morrissey 2020 airplay disaster - the stats are here

Here it is, folks.
'Compare my Radio' compiles the songs played on all the national BBC (and other major) radio stations over the last month.
What is there for Morrissey? One single song gets played once!
Unbelievable.
'Once I saw the River Clean' is the song in question, and it got played once on Radio 2.
Remember at the time, someone round here mentioned that this was just the start and would probably get moved to the playlist proper. Fat chance!
Jesse T and Joe C even tweeted about it!
Wonder who at the BBC decided they had to stop playing him (virtually) completely.
I know Vanessa Feltz (a presenter and one of the highest paid employees at the BBC) absolutely hates Morrissey, and said she used to cringe whenever she had to play his songs. Maybe she had a word with the management. It's all rather bizarre...

p066qyk2.jpg

Vanessa Feltz (a presenter and one of the highest paid employees at the BBC) absolutely hates Morrissey

so do I

The site went down a year ago but returned after a few months. It is true, that single play of River Clean was the sole pairing of a morrissey song on national radio at the album's release. Got evidence to the contrary? By all means present it.
BBC Radio Scotland may not be a UK wide Radio station as such but you can listen to any BBC Radio Station live on their Sounds app and the DJ Billy Sloan supported Dog On A Chain in the four weeks leading up to release by playing Bobby, Don't You Think They Know on the 1st and 2nd shows then Love Is On It's Way Out on the 3rd and 4th shows.
Now he's only on once a week on a Saturday night but it weakens the theory that the BBC have totally stopped playing his new music. On last night's show Billy S. played How Soon Is Now saying it's one of his all time favourite Smiths songs & mentions Johnny Marr on guitar & Morrissey on vocals & lyrics. That said Radio 2 playing Once I Saw The River Clean in the middle of the night once is really poor in terms of acknowledging Dog On A Chain so who really knows what's going in there.

Of course it's bullshit, just look at your list of points, it's pathetic folk like you are still banging on about a few nothing bits and pieces that you somehow find controversial.

well thats the point. you dont find it pathetic wearing a far right wing on television and giving support to Robinson

the rest of us strongly disagree

well thats the point. you dont find it pathetic wearing a far right wing on television and giving support to Robinson

the rest of us strongly disagree
I can't speak for Moz and explain his motives or actions but as a long term fan I genuinely do not believe he is the 'villain' that some would have you believe. For me he's an inspirational figure who has been there my whole adult life and in my opinion no one can come close to his body of work in terms of quality and quantity. No offence meant but I feel some fans have thrown in the towel based on very little and I'll be honest I can't understand it.

I can't speak for Moz and explain his motives or actions but as a long term fan I genuinely do not believe he is the 'villain' that some would have you believe. For me he's an inspirational figure who has been there my whole adult life and in my opinion no one can come close to his body of work in terms of quality and quantity. No offence meant but I feel some fans have thrown in the towel based on very little and I'll be honest I can't understand it.

It's not "very little" though is it? Hints were there all the way back to Bengali in Platforms. Cornershop had it right. Sincerely think that Johnny Marr held him in check during the Smiths. No wonder he left.

It's not "very little" though is it? Hints were there all the way back to Bengali in Platforms. Cornershop had it right. Sincerely think that Johnny Marr held him in check during the Smiths. No wonder he left.
Well it is and the bottom line is, 'if YOU don't like him don't look at him'. Simple.

The site went down a year ago but returned after a few months. It is true, that single play of River Clean was the sole pairing of a morrissey song on national radio at the album's release. Got evidence to the contrary? By all means present it.

The Compare My Radio site went down in 2019 and returned, but it's only as the pages of the site as it was when it closed. The most played song played on the radio on these pages is listed as "I don't care" by Ed Sheeran and Justin Beiber which came out in May 2019...........I'm not bothered about whether Moz was played, I hope he was, but just saying that this site is redundant.

'What Kind of People Live in These Houses' got played on Resonance FM a couple of weeks ago; Resonance broadcasts in the London area but can be streamed globally from their website and gets archived on Mixcloud. This is the show it was played on:

In the late 80s, early 90s, Johnny Cash was all but forgotten in the UK. One collaboration with U2 later, and he was universally hailed as a ‘living legend’. It just takes a single twist of fate, and everything changes.

Morrissey need only tour Vauxhall & I (something he’s never explicitly done) and people would return in droves.

Given the line up for that festival he’s headlining in the United States of America or somewhere, he’s obviously no longer seeing retrospection as something beneath him.

He’s scarcely out of options—his own ego is his only hurdle. Though I accept that might, in the end, be insurmountable.

My hope and wish is that he would one day do an anniversary tour of Vauxhall & I. He only toured it in the UK, and that was at the occasion of the Boxers EP, and nowhere else. It's beyond me.

Anyway, 2019 (= 25th anniversary) was an option but he had California Son to promote in the US and didn't feel welcome in the UK / rest of Europe. So 2024 would be his next chance (30th anniversary, plus 20th anniversary of YATQ), if he is still up to it. Such a tour would draw a bigger crowd, and he might just be longing for that by 2024. But it is still a long wait.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom