Morrissey A-Z: 'All The Lazy Dykes'

I like it - always wondered if Indigo burns was alluding to the Indigo Girls in any way?

Plus it's nice he's doing his bit for the feminist movement. Ditch those husbands!

View attachment 67773
I always thought it was tattoos. The way tattoos turn slightly blue-ish after some time...

I assumed it would have to be tattoos, but I wondered if he picked indigo deliberately? Haven't seen him mention them though.
Could be.

Indigo was also used to dye denim, so the expression helps to paint a striking image of tough tattooed ladies in double denim on hot Harleys - quite the opposite of the Indigo Girls :lbf:

Could be.

Indigo was also used to dye denim, so the expression helps to paint a striking image of tough tattooed ladies in double denim on hot Harleys - quite the opposite of the Indigo Girls :lbf:

I could look up tough ladies or the Indigo Girls, but no, I looked up Morrissey in double denim...

ead4d9c43c04c973a5126f60b7f4e47c.jpg

denim delinquent

:cool:

Anyway, It’s a lovely song, ‘one sweet day...’

Alain’s (?) backing vocals are a nice touch.
I was wondering if it was really Alain when I gave it a close listen the other day! I always assumed it was but it also sounds a bit like it could be a Moz overdub?

I could look up tough ladies or the Indigo Girls, but no, I looked up Morrissey in double denim...

If you have attended an Indigo Girls concert as I have, calling any one of them dykes lazy might get you a crack to the mouth. Quite productive dykes, I say.

Lotsa denim worn at the show as well if I recall.

Galileo's head was on the block!

MrShoes

denim delinquent

:cool:

Anyway, It’s a lovely song, ‘one sweet day...’

Alain’s (?) backing vocals are a nice touch.
And re-Denim Delinquent- while looking for the pictures I posted I also scrolled past this picture of James Maker Morrissey took

JamesMakerbyMoz.jpeg

Looks like Morrissey left his mark when Maker wasn't paying attention.

MrShoes
I think if anyone was a bigger Dolls fan than Morrissey it was Maker, so not sure if he didn't do it himself.

That I did not know. Hard to imagine anyone but ol' Moz being a greater fanatic.

Thanks for the knowledge!

MrShoes
That's actually how they met! First as pen pals. Morrissey dedicated the 'book' he wrote on the Dolls to "James Maker, who lives it".

i skipped this track constantly for years then one day it reeled me in and iv liked it ever since.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom