Morrissey A-Z: "Alsatian Cousin"

And now you've just reminded me of this choice couplet from last year:

Why can't you bring figs all pulpy and moist?
Roasted in passion and salty in voice?
The motion of taxis excites me
When you peel it back and bite me

When what is peeled back & bitten?????
Well... That is left to your own imagination.

And while you're at it you can also think about these:

I have been brave
Deep in every shaven cave
None were you

Last edited:
1610719198678.png
1610719207162.png

A few more from an archived Solo thread entitled, "Morrissey Fruit Thread".

Some clever devil also shared the following line of poetry, "The more you store me, the riper I get."

Ok enough. MrShoes

Last edited:
View attachment 67560 View attachment 67561

A few more from an archived Solo thread entitled, "Morrissey Fruit Thread".

Some clever devil also shared the following line of poetry, "The more you store me, the riper I get."

Ok enough. MrShoes
I remember reading a fan post once titled "I caught Morrissey's banana" or something with a picture of a very happy young man holding... Morrissey's banana.

I'll see if I find it again...

What show was it? It was around the time of the week long German gigs at the start of the European OE leg (minus one that gig binned) I don’t recall the banana incident at any of them, though there was a single Belgian date that preceded the German dates, so maybe that ???

What show was it? It was around the time of the week long German gigs at the start of the European OE leg (minus one that gig binned) I don’t recall the banana incident at any of them, though there was a single Belgian date that preceded the German dates, so maybe that ???
Quite a few bananas feature (even signed).
Dec 2, '97 Rockefeller, Oslo, Norway
Nov '99 Alcatraz, Milano, Italy
October 6, '99 Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA
October 5, '99 Club Rio, Tempe, AZ
December 18, '99 Majestic Ventura Theatre, Ventura, CA

(Possibly worth remembering Peter Wyngarde used a banana to 'shock' on stage occasionally perhaps?)
Regards,
FWD.

Quite a few bananas feature (even signed).
Dec 2, '97 Rockefeller, Oslo, Norway
Nov '99 Alcatraz, Milano, Italy
October 6, '99 Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA
October 5, '99 Club Rio, Tempe, AZ
December 18, '99 Majestic Ventura Theatre, Ventura, CA

(Possibly worth remembering Peter Wyngarde used a banana to 'shock' on stage occasionally perhaps?)
Regards,
FWD.
Ah, right.
thanks for that. I did the German and UK dates and couldn’t recall a banana. 🍌🍌🍌

Really wish I was old enough to have seen him on the 99/00 tour. Seems absolutely bananas, excuse the pun.

All this banana talk - we haven't even approached the sexually suggestive bunch of grapes Moz was sporting as well!

I smell a Morrissey/Fruit of the Loom promotional opportunity coming up!

MrShoes

All this banana talk - we haven't even approached the sexually suggestive bunch of grapes Moz was sporting as well!

I smell a Morrissey/Fruit of the Loom promotional opportunity coming up!

MrShoes
We still have about 267 song threads to go, so plenty of opportunities to cover the entire fruitca..., err basket...

Fruit.jpg

Love the implication of opening his first solo record with: Were you and he lovers? And would you say so if you were? In the messy & confusing breakup of The Smiths. Fascinating.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom