Morrissey A-Z: "I Know Very Well How I Got My Name"

A lovely little song and it certainly wouldn't have been out of place had it appeared on Bona Drag. That said, songs like this and Sister, I'm a Poet seemed even more special because you had to search a bit harder to find them.
So true... originally I had Viva Hate but not the singles... I remember around 1990 trying to track down the Suedehead and EILS singles to finally hear the b-sides. No new or used record store still had them and I finally had to have them special ordered (of course this was before we could shop online). All told it probably took about a month before I had the singles and could hear the songs. Of course these songs are gems but all that work to get them made me truly appreciate them. So different from the instant access world of today.

Last edited:
I do know myself. I do know that I've come from a working class background. I do know how my dad couldn't bear hearing shit from lah de Dah people. I know I'm common as muck. That's my strength. I'm a lot stronger than you'd give me credit for.
I like that phrase "common as muck". First time I've heard it.

He's just trolling for attention. You could safely ignore him and nothing of value would be lost.
haha, that's rich coming from you. you contribute nothing of value but feel comfortable shitting on people who are struggling

This thread deteriorated in a weird and unexpected way.
@Ketamine Sun I agree, it’s strange. But I still don’t feel he’s purposely trolling. I could be wrong, of course.

This. That’s what a lot of people don’t get about b-sides. Some of them might be even better than some album tracks, but the fact they’re kind of hidden away, and that the ones who find them are mostly hardcore fans, make them even more special.

Hidden away because it's a private message to the one who broke his heart.

This thread deteriorated in a weird and unexpected way.
@Ketamine Sun I agree, it’s strange. But I still don’t feel he’s purposely trolling. I could be wrong, of course.
And @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

Well, at least he admits to it, but it’s just more trolling for attention. See his below post.
If I want to troll, I will do. It's what I've always done. Even when I used to be allowed to go out and about I still trolled. I need attention. Its sad but its what I do. But you know what? People can't label you as one thing or the other. What have people to say when I admit that I'm lonely and looking for a response? Nothing. They know what I'm up to.

And @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

Well, at least he admits to it, but it’s just more trolling for attention. See his below post.

Ok, but who cares, honestly.
I see no reason to make such a fuss about it. He seems to be having a bad day.
I asked him this morning why he was sad reacting and he replied (see posts #17 and #18) and I accepted that, but that's just me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, an absolute gem - if you can strum a stringed instrument, you will never tire of playing this song (D, Em, A, Bm and G).
Which brings me on to... a bit more credit for its composer, please!
Mr Stephen Brian Street.
And the arrangement is sublime - just two acoustic guitars and a violin.

Yes, an absolute gem - if you can strum a stringed instrument, you will never tire of playing this song (D, Em, A, Bm and G).
Which brings me on to... a bit more credit for its composer, please!
Mr Stephen Brian Street.

I thought Vini wrote this ? ;)

And the arrangement is sublime - just two acoustic guitars and a violin.

yes, but it’s the way they’re played.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom