Morrissey A-Z: "Kiss Me A Lot"

BookishBoy

Today's offering is a Morrissey/Tobias composition from the WPINOYB album (also belatedly released as a digital single in 2015).

What do we think of this one?

The 1st video. I didn't watch the 2nd because I don't want to overplay Kiss Me A Lot.

Always enjoyed this song nice little sing along anthem it is......
I’ve forgotten how uncomfortable and awkward Moz looks in these videos.....
Also love the guitars as well....

Really one of his worst. The insipid lyrics, the awful chorus...ugh. It just rubs me the wrong way. Unlike so many other of his lightweight pop songs, KMAL lacks wit, humor and finesse. I'll take Roy's Keen or King Leer over this one seven days a week.

I'd never seen Sam's video for this before, but its entirely gratuitous objectification of women is really quite something.

not heard this for a while,sounds good.it is what it is,a pop song.its not going to change anybodies lives because it wasnt supposed to.
7 stockyards/10 churchyards.

Great pop song, this. Bombastic horns and abstract sheets of guitar noise folded with a killer hook shows the quality that the conflation of experimental ideas and classic songwriting WPINOYB gives you from time to time. The lyrics are fit for a pop song, and don’t have much substance to them, but the musical elements pick up the slack from there. The video is godawful, though!
8/10

two songs to go from the letter K .tomorrows song is getting a big sunday morning 10 from me,though some people might not be a fan.no spoilers but it begins with a K.
15 songs from the letter L soon and theres hardly a bad one in there.

The less said about the video the better, but the song should definitely have been the first single for the album. It is a simple yet effective pop song and the chorus sticks in the mind. The album received generally positive reviews at the time, and many were charmed by this track.

In the poll on the Hoffman board it ranked 70th from 264 solo songs.

After a very bumpy flight "King Leer" felt like the pilot had regained control of the plane. The sudden drops and wild turbulence and all of those strange sounds seemed behind us. We'd regained altitude and, bathed in sunlight now, were able to look down on the storm below us. It seemed the worst was behind us.
Just then the oxygen masks dropped from overhead and the right engine burst into flames.

After a very bumpy flight "King Leer" felt like the pilot had regained control of the plane. The sudden drops and wild turbulence and all of those strange sounds seemed behind us. We'd regained altitude and, bathed in sunlight now, were able to look down on the storm below us. It seemed the worst was behind us.
Just then the oxygen masks dropped from overhead and the right engine burst into flames.
dont worry you can still land with one engine.

Kiss me a lot aka Caluj mnie mocno :kissingclosed: I always enjoy it . I have quite a fondness for this song. A simple, catchy song. Let's face it, not every Dylan song is Desolation Row . :smileycat:

Kiss me a lot aka Caluj mnie mocno :kissingclosed: I always enjoy it . I have quite a fondness for this song. A simple, catchy song. Let's face it, not every Dylan song is Desolation Row . :smileycat:
That's a good point, and one of the odd things about doing this A-Z project is that it sort of encourages us to take every song quite seriously. (When some of them are clearly just a bit daft. Or useless. But we all have off days!)

In a parallel world, with a decent funny video, it would have been a deserved mega hot. I really enjoy it, great tune, silly lyrics that can be hummed in the shower.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom