Morrissey A-Z: "Kiss Me A Lot"

I've found a way to liven it up in concert is to change the lyrics to 'Fist Me a Lot'. If you can get whole group of you in the pit singing "fist me all over the plaaa-aaace" then it really helps the atmosphere at the show, and gets everybody going. :)

Morrissey’s autopilot used to get us songs like “Unloveable” and then it got us songs like “Now I Am a Was” and now it gets us songs like this. Nothing nice to say about it.

He did this one a lot better when it was called “Let Me Kiss You,” which I guess we’ll discuss quite soon.

Last edited:
This is just woeful. I don't mind Morrissey being frivolous or lightweight -- it's definitely better than him being overtly political -- but for this to work, he'd need a much stronger strong than this. The musical backing has no verve or energy, the chorus is repetitive and flat. World Peace, the album, needed a song like this, but not this song.

Kiss Me A Lot is remarkably… average. I would consider this as one of those tracks that record companies think of as an obvious song to promote as a single (if one can consider a digital download as a ‘single’), but the fans can largely see it for what is: fine, listenable, tepid… For my money, one of the worst songs on the World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

Despite what Morrissey may have said in the past, this video does have Sam’s cack-handywork all over it. I truly believe that the lad just roped in these models so he could ogle a few lovely ladies. Asking as a red-blooded male, was it intentional for this video and these attractive girls to appear so unsexy? Horrible lighting, poor camerawork and that trashy lipstick writing all over them – much like some of the images on Sam’s own website…. https://sam-esty-rayner-photography.format.com/skinandotherthings Actually, looking at Sam’s website, it looks in places like he would quite like to be a glamour photographer.

Last edited:
For the first 12 months or so, it was a crowd igniter. It seems to fade off after that.

The ‘video’ strengthens the case that Sam would probably be jobless if it wasn’t for uncle Stephan. Throw Casa into that bracket as well.

Kiss MeShalot.

Fantastic song! Undoubtedly this would have been a number 1 hit single if the artist was someone like Elvis/Bieber/Beyonce.

two songs to go from the letter K .tomorrows song is getting a big sunday morning 10 from me,though some people might not be a fan.no spoilers but it begins with a K.
15 songs from the letter L soon and theres hardly a bad one in there.

Kit?

Would have liked to have heard exactly what Morrissey told Sam his concept was. The models in the video made me think of those Roxy Music covers, I wonder if that was Morrissey’s point of reference or idea of what the public would want in order to sell the song? And the band footage looks like it was shot on a phone, was this Morrissey’s way of saying.. this is what a video looks like when your own record company doesn’t give you much of a budget to work with?

Anyway, it’s a curio (and criminal) and I wish Morrissey himself would have said his reasons behind that eyesore of a promo.

Last edited:
The song is catchy and if you sing Moz .... but the video is bad, improvised and in bad taste, with those two women who act badly and look like disposable objects, I can't find their connection to Moz.... and I found it horrible when one of them showed that "mozzer" sign

Would have liked to have heard exactly what Morrissey told Sam his concept was. The models in the video made me think of those Roxy Music covers, I wonder if that was Morrissey’s point of reference or idea of what the public would want in order to sell the song? And the band footage looks like it was shot on a phone, was this Morrissey’s way of saying.. this is what a video looks like when your own record company doesn’t give you much of a budget to work with?

Anyway, it’s a curio (and criminal) and I wish Morrissey himself would have said his reasons behind that eyesore of a promo.

I've actually never watched this nonexistent video but from the stills I've seen I always wondered if it was supposed to be a parody and the 'director' (Sam) just failed to realise the concept. The idea with the Roxy covers makes a lot of sense and given his anger about the Harvest situation it seems natural that this was meant as some sort of comment on the priorities in the music business.

Could have worked with a more experienced director.

Today's offering is a Morrissey/Tobias composition from the WPINOYB album (also belatedly released as a digital single in 2015).

What do we think of this one?

I always like this song, and the part of the video with the band in it would have been sufficient. I don't know what the two girls are about and why they are in a darkened broom closet in their underwear. It bears no relation to anything. The fan video would have been far superior.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom