Morrissey A-Z: "Noise Is the Best Revenge"

Not one I'd heard before. Pretty unimpressive on just about every level, IMHO. Makes me wonder about his quality control... does he just take anything he's given and try to make something of it?

In another thread, someone (I believe it was @Amy) made the point that the songs he rejected in The Smiths (e.g., "The Draize Train," "Money Changes Everything") sound like masterpieces compared to some that he would record as a solo artist. This is a great example of that.

I have heard the song before, but never invested in the EP and therefore already had forgotten it.
Well, it was the b-side of the 4th single from YATQ, and I suppose the barrel was empty by then.

I’m mistaking it with “I’m Playing Easy To Get” which was done once during a live show in 2004.

Listening to his entire catalog, a lot of songs sound very similar and it gets hard to tell them apart. Especially these mid-tempo ones that seem rather uninspired.

I do like the intonation of the “hey, kid…” refrain.

I like the song - miss the era. Wish it had a proper studio recording. Good lyrics here and there.

View attachment 73654

Well, it's not up there as a classic for myself.
Whether a studio take ever happened - we'll probably never know.
It clearly inspired the Dwyer household though.
Regards,
FWD.

Isn't this Sam's brother?
Awful name for a band.
Saw them support The Courteeners in Manchester (clearly as a favour to Morrissey as they had supported him in the US) and also at an outside gig in Dublin (or the outside of Dublin in the hills bussed in miles from the city centre) with the New York Dolls / Magic Numbers.

Seemed like decent musicians fronted by..... I wouldn't like to say.....
What is the nephew doing now?

Isn't this Sam's brother?
Awful name for a band.
Saw them support The Courteeners in Manchester (clearly as a favour to Morrissey as they had supported him in the US) and also at an outside gig in Dublin (or the outside of Dublin in the hills bussed in miles from the city centre) with the New York Dolls / Magic Numbers.

Seemed like decent musicians fronted by..... I wouldn't like to say.....
What is the nephew doing now?

Magic numbers are kushty

pass.

Not one I'd heard before. Pretty unimpressive on just about every level, IMHO. Makes me wonder about his quality control... does he just take anything he's given and try to make something of it?

In another thread, someone (I believe it was @Amy) made the point that the songs he rejected in The Smiths (e.g., "The Draize Train," "Money Changes Everything") sound like masterpieces compared to some that he would record as a solo artist. This is a great example of that.

The Draize Train is probably my favourite Smiths song.
Closely followed by Barbarism (the song that has loads of guitar bits one wanted to sing over).

I don't think N.I.T.B.R qualifies as a song...or a nephew.
:straightface:

The Draize Train is probably my favourite Smiths song.
Closely followed by Barbarism (the song that has loads of guitar bits one wanted to sing over).

I don't think N.I.T.B.R qualifies as a song...or a nephew.
:straightface:

Will have to re-listen to your two favorites.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom