EA37CB6B-877C-4083-855F-40DE399334E4.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 0
Bless Comrades :praying:

comrades, purple vinyl not collectible:raisedhands:
US manufacture find everywhere for small ruble:memo:
box set, japan rarities and 45 vegas collectible by best fans, comrades,
no purple US vinyl, not collectible:thoughtballoon:

xxx Comrade T

Was never a top-tier song but part of the problem is the arrangement/production on the album.
The live (Beethoven Was Deaf) version is massively better - the guitar melodies and overall energy just sound much stronger

Last edited:
I liked it better because the US cd single version has three great live tracks and the whole thing makes a great package. The cover photos are great, too. But I think it's a pretty good song. Maybe a minor song overall but catchy and funny. I would never think of it if I was making a list of my favorites but I am surprised that it's not more well liked.

I liked it better because the US cd single version has three great live tracks and the whole thing makes a great package. The cover photos are great, too. But I think it's a pretty good song. Maybe a minor song overall but catchy and funny. I would never think of it if I was making a list of my favorites but I am surprised that it's not more well liked.
But it’s not a collectible item we’ve been told.
As with the US vinyl, the cd is also a nicer package than the U.K. version. I picked that up on Oxford street, London HMV in Nov 1992. When times were a lot simpler.

An okay pop song, but a terrible lead single especially in 1992. Soon followed by a even worse second single. When one also takes into account the lack of new songs on the b-side (and the rather slight ones on Fatty), it definitely seemed that Morrissey was on the verge of artistic bankcruptcy. Of course the album proved otherwise, but I still can't fathom how terrible the lead-up to it was.

An okay pop song, but a terrible lead single especially in 1992. Soon followed by a even worse second single. When one also takes into account the lack of new songs on the b-side (and the rather slight ones on Fatty), it definitely seemed that Morrissey was on the verge of artistic bankcruptcy. Of course the album proved otherwise, but I still can't fathom how terrible the lead-up to it was.
Yeah, based on the first 2 singles it seemed like we were getting Kill Uncle 2 instead of the tour de force that was Your Arsenal. Glamorous Glue would have been an amazing first single. Is it really a case of hindsight being 20/20 and these choices are that much harder in the moment?

Yeah, based on the first 2 singles it seemed like we were getting Kill Uncle 2 instead of the tour de force that was Your Arsenal. Glamorous Glue would have been an amazing first single. Is it really a case of hindsight being 20/20 and these choices are that much harder in the moment?
I assume the whole album was finished before the campaign started. It should have been obvious that Your Arsenal was a) much rockier and b) carried more artistic weight than Morrissey's output post-Viva Hate. Therefore it's indeed incredible that the single choices didn't show that side of the album, especially since M had a long string of "frivolous pop singles" behind him with diminishing returns. Putting out first Glamorous Glue and then Tomorrow or even I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday would have made everyone wait for a totally different album.

I first heard it at the Amnesty International concert on TV, before it came out as a single. I remember thinking Moz looked and sounded great. The drum part seemed like it was lifted from Our Frank, and I was slightly surprised how the drums were different on the single when it was later released.
That show was broadcast in December 1991. Long before UTube or any way to stream or watch anything online. Seeing Moz on TV was a treat and meant a mad scramble to get the VHS tape into the video recorder. I still have that video tape.

Last edited:
I assume the whole album was finished before the campaign started. It should have been obvious that Your Arsenal was a) much rockier and b) carried more artistic weight than Morrissey's output post-Viva Hate. Therefore it's indeed incredible that the single choices didn't show that side of the album, especially since M had a long string of "frivolous pop singles" behind him with diminishing returns. Putting out first Glamorous Glue and then Tomorrow or even I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday would have made everyone wait for a totally different album.

Think Morrissey has a very set idea of what a single or a pop sop song is or should be, short catchy, even frivolous, let’s not forget Certain People was also a single.

Though I see what your saying as a lead single to build excitement, Glamorous Glue would have been better, simply because it wouldn’t be what the general music listener would expect from Morrissey at that time, and is more reflective of the direction he took for Arsenal.

Having said that I wonder why he bothered making a promo (?) video
for Seasick, was it going to be a single, strange.

Also, not released as singles, I did get my hands on a two song promo
cassette before Arsenal was released
the songs were ‘You’re Gonna Need...’ and ‘I know it Gonna..’ so that gave a few folks a good idea of what was to come with the album.

The complete package, his best song.

Obviously not the best song on Your Arsenal - lower tier, if there even is such a song on the album - but it is thoroughly perplexing that this has never been revisited live. If this popped in as the first song of an encore I think it would go down an utter storm.

Obviously not the best song on Your Arsenal - lower tier, if there even is such a song on the album - but it is thoroughly perplexing that this has never been revisited live. If this popped in as the first song of an encore I think it would go down an utter storm.
My thoughts exactly Janice...
But I thought for a few years now that Moz doesn’t like to start a show off with something fast or catchy any longer.
He tends to start off with something quite slow thus the energy levels never really peak till later on...
I suspect this is because he’s wanting/ has got that crooner status.

Verse , chorus , middle-eight break, fade .. everything here is great !!!
Just listen !!!
7/10
9Lb6.gif

Lovely, lively, catchy tune here from Moz. Vocals superb, shirt wonderful, vid cheeky & comical. Lyrics are funny & 'really laughable' in places, & quotable. Not a high echelon piece, but you have to love this one, if only for the song title.
"Ah, you have loads of songs
So many songs"

Thankfully, yes!

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom