11-22 St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
11-25 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater
11-28 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
11-30 Washington, DC - The Anthem
12-02 New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden
12-04 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
12-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

^ with Billy Idol

Ticketmaster / Live Nation starting to show on sale dates for shows Sep. 29, pre-sales starting Sep. 25.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Image from Morrissey Official FB:

40800_2017_tour.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
I count 125 looking at past tour details:

2012 27
2013 60
2014 19
2015 1
2016 17
2017 1

Would be nice if the author disclosed his source, I don't know anywhere else that has this level of detail.

Well the author DID count...

"Here’s a fun fact: Since 2012, Morrissey has canceled or postponed 123 concerts (yes, I counted). With that in mind, the former Smiths singers has just announced new tour dates in support of his forthcoming album, Low in High School."

HAHA. Whatever the number - it certainly feels like to his fans!

MrShoes

So, since it's on Halloween, I should dress up as something scary, like a TSA agent, or a Roman cop, or a T-bone...

A tsa agent or a roman cop would be funny. Dress up like a piece of meat at a morrissey concert and you may get murdered

Sigh.
Philly at the tail end of the tour. Not a chance he plays that show.

Just curious - why do you rate this venue so poorly? (Never been myself and wish he'd play the Hammerstein Ballroom again instead)

Poor acoustics due to a low ceiling.
Awful layout with single level seating on a slope. No balcony.
Hammerstein, Beacon, Town Hall, United Palace, Kings Theatre (he played there last year), so many good venues in NYC better than this shithole. Don't let the pretty picture fool you.

the-theater-at-madison-square-garden-upper-305-viewwatermarked.jpg

I count 125 looking at past tour details:

2012 27
2013 60
2014 19
2015 1
2016 17
2017 1

Would be nice if the author disclosed his source, I don't know anywhere else that has this level of detail.
Was just doing the same - I also didn't count 'Chatty Man' - lol.
The amount of links I find using information from here as a source is huge.
Regards,
FWD.

Any info on where one needs to preorder the album to get access to Monday's presales?

Poor acoustics due to a low ceiling.
Awful layout with single level seating on a slope. No balcony.
Hammerstein, Beacon, Town Hall, United Palace, Kings Theatre (he played there last year), so many good venues in NYC better than this shithole. Don't let the pretty picture fool you.

the-theater-at-madison-square-garden-upper-305-viewwatermarked.jpg
I would pick Town Hall. The acoustics are amazing and not a bad seat.

I have enjoyed here (theatre MSG) when I have been close.

If you look at the tour dates, it's pretty obvious that it is designed to allow for rest and breathing room between dates. I'm proud of them for keeping Moz's health and sanity a priority. If any of these dates are cancelled, I will be surprised.

If you look at the tour dates, it's pretty obvious that it is designed to allow for rest and breathing room between dates. I'm proud of them for keeping Moz's health and sanity a priority. If any of these dates are cancelled, I will be surprised.

It won't be a surprise to me and certain people I know if any of these dates are cancelled. :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

#official Luddite Steve on Twitter FAKE FAKE FAKE !:rofl:

You are being too logical and too kind to Moz's handlers. But its clear you are a positive individual!

Sigh.
Philly at the tail end of the tour. Not a chance he plays that show.
He'll play it. I'm concerned about the Fillmore, never been and layout is all general admission standing. Not sure how to cope with that type of venue.

You are being too logical and too kind to Moz's handlers. But its clear you are a positive individual!
Honestly, I'm a pessimistic naysayer. I mean, I am a Morrissey fan after all. But this looks good to me.
In addition to health woes in the past, I've also wondered if as an introvert, whether many of his cancellations were due to not being able to recharge his social batteries, if you will. People are exhausting.

It won't be a surprise to me and certain people I know if any of these dates are cancelled. :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

#official Luddite Steve on Twitter FAKE FAKE FAKE !:rofl:
Oh, Benny. So much to answer for. Such as why the local corner shops are always out of Mountain Dew and potato chips.

Just a brief perusal, gives the number 10 as the likely dates that are to be cancelled.
The ball is already rolling: Moz and BMG at loggerheads over Twitter. o_O

I saw that a number of the shows listed on Ticketmaster have an "Album Preorder Presale" for tickets. Anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming that buying directly off of Mporium would get you the code, but there I couldn't find any mention of a presale code in any of the descriptions...

Honestly, I'm a pessimistic naysayer. I mean, I am a Morrissey fan after all. But this looks good to me.
In addition to health woes in the past, I've also wondered if as an introvert, whether many of his cancellations were due to not being able to recharge his social batteries, if you will. People are exhausting.

Sometimes though it makes it difficult to see multiple shows for his touring fans. A few back-to-back shows within a large metro area may actually help him and his crew physically/mentally by allowing more than a single night in the same sheets. He did say that he loves his bed, right?! Well it won't technically be his, but...

MrShoes

Sometimes though it makes it difficult to see multiple shows for his touring fans. A few back-to-back shows within a large metro area may actually help him and his crew physically/mentally by allowing more than a single night in the same sheets. He did say that he loves his bed, right?! Well it won't technically be his, but...

MrShoes
His touring fans are a bunch of dummies who should figure out something more constructive to do with their time and money than travel hundreds of miles to see the same setlist night after night with maybe one change, two if they're supremely lucky. Sorry, but somebody really has to say it.

He'll play it. I'm concerned about the Fillmore, never been and layout is all general admission standing. Not sure how to cope with that type of venue.
Cope with it by buying a ticket and being relieved that you don't have resort to Stubhub to get within 100 feet of the stage. General admission is a wonderful thing.

Tags
fillmore philadelphia tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom