Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
No one cares what you think, your tongue is so far up Steve's arse you can eat for him. f*** off.

Why begin calling him "Steve" after all these years?
Following the herd(but always that little bit later than most) ?
Oh, and I am interested in the poster's opinions.

Morrissey on the cover or not? How about that Spanish shot...

Skinnybob, do you have to abuse everyone that likes Morrissey?

I don’t think it’s that, it’s just that certain people will never criticise Moz. It’s ridiculous, there’s no in between on here!
The obsessive are a freakish breed for sure.... and I can’t stand Skinny btw.

any chance of uncle skinny being banned from posting/commenting on this website?
He’s just a vulgar troll now.

"Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds"

Do we know if the usual players were used? Boz, Mando, etc?

All indications are yes. Both Mando and Jesse have posted pictures from sessions on their social media. I'm sure Boz will be involved at some point, in some capacity to sprinkle his Musical Director dust on the final product.

Looking forward to the UK version with 12 tracks written by Tommy Robinson and Anne Marie Waters.
IMG_20181026_124835.jpg

There are quite a few artists that have done an American songbook style album.
It's hardly an indication of some kind of terminal writer's block. It will suit some narratives here, but I'm up for something different. Plus not forgetting a few 'new' tracks when (or if) a LIHS deluxe appears at the end of the year.
Regards,
FWD.

May I ask. Where do you source all this information from? You are Morrissey

No one cares what you think, your tongue is so far up Steve's arse you can eat for him. f*** off.

And here he is again. None otter that Mr Angty. God, you’ve got problems. Keep whacking that leg like a drum, empty head.

Moz could shit on a parade of disabled war veterans and you'd call it a work of genius. You utter, utter c***.

You really are a horrible piece of shit. You’d not say boo to a goose in public. You’re a bully. No need to attack someone for saying they like the title of an album. Do you not see the irony of even coming here? Oh, yea, you’re chasing nazis aren’t you? Silly me !

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom