Morrissey at the Rancid concert at the Roxy in LA

An anonymous person posts the link / photo:

From @MozzeriansATW / Twitter:

#Morrissey & the boys at tonight's @Rancid show @theroxy #westhollywood #LA photo courtesy of Jr. Bernal.

rancid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What boys ? That's just him and Diesel.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That's a name I haven't heard in ages! I used to play Rancid in the 90s on my college radio show. They were/are a punk band.

Why? Moz has all kinds of punk roots, and personally I think it's really impressive that he's going out to shows still. Love Moz, love Rancid.

Lord help us all.

They're not that bad, not that great either, like a cross between Greenday and the Ramones or something. Either way, its just weird when people here get so heavily invested in what music Moz likes. I'm sure if we looked through everyone's music collection here here we'd all find stuff that others think is pretty shit. But some people just get so weirdly narrow minded into what music he "should" like.

They're not that bad, not that great either, like a cross between Greenday and the Ramones or something. Either way, its just weird when people here get so heavily invested in what music Moz likes. I'm sure if we looked through everyone's music collection here here we'd all find stuff that others think is pretty shit. But some people just get so weirdly narrow minded into what music he "should" like.

Apart from that you often go to various shows just to find out IF you like it or you go with friends to shows they like. There are tons of reasons to be at a certain show. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're heavily into them. The whole band went to see Aznavour in Paris. I doubt everyone of them likes him much.

um no not really. rancid used to be operation ivy the last legendary hardcore/roots/political band from the early eighties to about 89 when there singer, jesse, left because he didnt like the fact that they were getting popular with people he didnt care for and didnt want to sign with a major. the closest comparison to rancid that you guys might know are the clash who tim worships mixed with the uk subs. they play roots reggea influenced hardcore and possess one of the most talented bassists in the genre or almost any genre for that matter. they made platinum albums without compromising there sound in the least but theyre also just very very good musicians and excellent classic song writers with a lot of authenticity. they sound nothing like greenday, whom i like, and the only association they have is there friendship with them because they both came up in the legendary 924 gilman and know each other personally. also sound nothing like the ramones who do have something in common with greenday sound wise. soundwise they sound like the first clash album, though harder as they came from the hardcore scene, mixed with some london calling and many other influences. not much pop about them except that they got popular in the wake of nirvana when labels were trying to sign anything to do with punk or hardcore, seaweed im looking at you here, so i doubt many here will know much about them but thats the story. very cool to see moz has such good taste in music and if you listen to the music i think it hard to doubt there ability even if you dont care for that sound

What boys ? That's just him and Diesel.

Look again Colonel. I see Gustav and did it not occur to you that the other people may not be in the frame of the photograph. I thought things looked quiet in Bowdon.

um no not really. rancid used to be operation ivy the last legendary hardcore/roots/political band from the early eighties to about 89 when there singer, jesse, left because he didnt like the fact that they were getting popular with people he didnt care for and didnt want to sign with a major. the closest comparison to rancid that you guys might know are the clash who tim worships mixed with the uk subs. they play roots reggea influenced hardcore and possess one of the most talented bassists in the genre or almost any genre for that matter. they made platinum albums without compromising there sound in the least but theyre also just very very good musicians and excellent classic song writers with a lot of authenticity. they sound nothing like greenday, whom i like, and the only association they have is there friendship with them because they both came up in the legendary 924 gilman and know each other personally. also sound nothing like the ramones who do have something in common with greenday sound wise. soundwise they sound like the first clash album, though harder as they came from the hardcore scene, mixed with some london calling and many other influences. not much pop about them except that they got popular in the wake of nirvana when labels were trying to sign anything to do with punk or hardcore, seaweed im looking at you here, so i doubt many here will know much about them but thats the story. very cool to see moz has such good taste in music and if you listen to the music i think it hard to doubt there ability even if you dont care for that sound

I have to ask - why on earth do you write like that? Is it such a problem to do full stops and capital letters? It appears that what you said was reasonable but it's so difficult to follow that I gave up.

Apart from that you often go to various shows just to find out IF you like it or you go with friends to shows they like. There are tons of reasons to be at a certain show. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're heavily into them. The whole band went to see Aznavour in Paris. I doubt everyone of them likes him much.
Exactly.

If Moz wants a good concert he should come to see SUEDE in Galway on July 23rd. Will be ace. Playing their new album first followed by a second set of greatest hits. I'll be the one swilling Galway Hooker (it's a lovely craft beer!).

Will Victoria Wood get a no words celebrity death file statement via TTY ?
Watch this space.

Exactly. I bet I could find in your stash some Bananarama.

Tour cancelled but M is still spending time with his band. Hopefully they're writing new material. Maybe something rawer, more immediate.
There's endless schadenfreude about Morrissey's career around these parts -- but don't underestimate him!

Will Moz start the parade of weird concerts in LA followed by sudden announce of California dates?
The picture looks like they breaking a fight lol . At first I thought it was Matt but then realized it's Damon

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom