Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don’t like him anymore then stop posting and go on with your life.

Nope. I’ve probably got more passion for the smiths & morrissey’s music than you have, and I’m an avid collector. Disagreeing with his politics ain’t gonna change that. I’ll post when and what I want, sometimes I’ll be favourable, sometimes I won’t. What I won’t do, is, constantly arse kiss Morrissey just to appease people on here.

‘Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

LIAR !!!

Hatred of women, hatred of gays, insistence of pushing their laws into everyone else...you guys talking about Islam or Christianity?
Christianity is generally about love and kindness. The Church of England welcomes gays. Even the Catholic Church welcome those they consider sinners. Jesus welcomed those who sinned.

Shows how insane the world is getting nowadays, but this will probably get the album more publicity than the posters ever would have. :lbf:

Gotta hand it to BMG, they really know how to work that publicity machine!

Christianity is generally about love and kindness. The Church of England welcomes gays. Even the Catholic Church welcome those they consider sinners. Jesus welcomed those who sinned.

So you are saying that being gay is a sin.

:clap:

So you are saying that being gay is a sin.

:clap:
No, but it is to the Catholic Church. Technically anyway. Though if you told a priest you were gay he too would welcome you to come to services, because in the eyes of God we are all sinners. Muslims, let's just say, are very different on the matter.

It won’t balance out the thousands of lifelong fans that are now boycotting his stuff. Are you even listening to fan feedback? People are jumping ship more than ever. I hope it does go to #1, just for the laugh.

‘thousands’ ?! :laughing::rofl:

where did you get that number?!

‘thousands’ ?! :laughing::rofl:

where did you get that number?!
You take the number of people in the UK who would have bought tickets to see him a few years ago and you subtract the number of people who bought tickets for his last planned UK tour.

No, but it is to the Catholic Church. Technically anyway. Though if you told a priest you were gay he too would welcome you to come to services, because in the eyes of God we are all sinners. Muslims, let's just say, are very different on the matter.

Wait you just posted that ‘Christianity is generally about love and kindness.’

If that is so.,, then why would they call someone’s choice in sexual partners a sin ?

Christianity = NOT very loving OR kind.

This swede is thinking "if only they would remove Liverpool". I am allowed to dream you know.

You take the number of people in the UK who would have bought tickets to see him a few years ago and you subtract the number of people who bought tickets for his last planned UK tour.

:lbf:

If you’re correct, then... let’s see the math ! And proof of tickets that would have sold a few years ago and proof of tickets sold for his last planned UK tour.

We’ll be waiting patiently for the answer.

Makes a change cause usually if you visit Liverpool your hubcaps go missing, now they are into posters.

tc_tommy_cooper.jpg

Above:

The prime minister of Sweden, Göran Sverker Oredsson or Bork Bork Bork for short.

This swede is thinking "if only they would remove Liverpool". I am allowed to dream you know.
Someone's going to end up the scapegoat for Brexit, and Liverpool is probably not a bad bet.

Though personally I think it's pretty obvious it will be Muslims.

Or just look at album & singles sales figures. Or a quick scan on twitter or the dozens of Facebook smiths pages. His fans are turning on him left, right, and centre. Ketamine is narrow minded and blinkered tae f***, she/he thinks Solo is the world. Tbh, there’s prob hundreds of members on here that don’t even bother logging in no more and have long since given up on Morrissey.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom