Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget, you & your blatant ignorance & stupidity just know no bounds. Proven many times over.

The only laughable things I see are you, the repetitive copy n paste, ill thought out, nonsense which you post, & your weak left ilk.

Nice work though trying to now call Moz a Tory (haha)...& just wtf has any of what you posted got to do with an overly late release of a single?

For you, it's definitely over skinny.

Your comments are dismissed you Trump-alike fool. Morrissey vocally supports those that support the Tories. What does that say about Morrissey and his ever-increasing right-wing ideologies? Answer: it says a great deal.

Your comments are dismissed you Trump-alike fool. Morrissey vocally supports those that support the Tories. What does that say about Morrissey and his ever-increasing right-wing ideologies? Answer: it says a great deal.

Your sheer stupidity makes me gasp.

Ok tool, just let me remind you that I, & the majority of the UK, voted Tory. So according to your 'logic' the vast majority of the UK is right wing? FFS.

You clearly didn't vote Tory skinny, bcos you're a weak, nodding-dog Corbyn-alike fool, who himself is just a professional serial protester - no more, no less. Clearly you identify with all he stands for, yet the country despise & reject him...like we do you.

Who you going to look up to lovingly when Corbyn & cronies have gone in March? I dread to think what your next reincarnation will look like.

What does your post say about you?

Out of touch, ill advised, small minded, despised, rejected & unwanted. Have a think before you post again.

You're embarrassing yourself again Pete.

You're just a fool with a lost cause.

It's shocking what you've become, & I'm truly, truly disappointed in you..

Your sheer stupidity makes me gasp.

Ok tool, just let me remind you that I, & the majority of the UK, voted Tory. So according to your 'logic' the vast majority of the UK is right wing? FFS.

You clearly didn't vote Tory skinny, bcos you're a weak, nodding-dog Corbyn-alike fool, who himself is just a professional serial protester - no more, no less. Clearly you identify with all he stands for, yet the country despise & reject him...like we do you.

Who you going to look up to lovingly when Corbyn & cronies have gone in March? I dread to think what your next reincarnation will look like.

What does your post say about you?

Out of touch, ill advised, small minded, despised, rejected & unwanted. Have a think before you post again.

You're embarrassing yourself again Pete.

You're just a fool with a lost cause.

It's shocking what you've become, & I'm truly, truly disappointed in you..

Keep gasping till you choke on your own
purile drivel. This is England. Morrissey's no-longer-nostalgic colonial England. His right-wing England. Morrissey cheers his support of Farage, Walters, Yaxley-Lennon from the sidelines. Go stick your tongue up Johnson's arse. I can see from the shite at the end of your nose you've already fed from his gaping hole.

Clearly Moz is just venting his sheer frustration with the record company.

Moz makes the music, BMG's job is to market, release, promote & distribute the work of the artist. Surely that's the way it ought to work?

It's been a complete cluster from the start with this single. They've either screwed up or can't be arsed for some unknown reason. I feel for Moz.

Some bad planning & decision making at BMG I reckon. Someone's arse in a sling soon.

A truly depressing combination of idiotic sentiments and shit grammar. Since when was the plural of cliche spelt cliche's? The record company should put Simple Steve out of his agony and drop him before the new album causes even more embarassment.

:rolleyes:

embarrassment has 2 'r's FFS
o_O

Keep gasping till you choke on your own
purile drivel. This is England. Morrissey's no-longer-nostalgic colonial England. His right-wing England. Morrissey cheers his support of Farage, Walters, Yaxley-Lennon from the sidelines. Go stick your tongue up Johnson's arse. I can see from the shite at the end of your nose you've already fed from his gaping hole.

Calm down skinny, you're clearly getting yourself in a tizz over this. Your tablets are on the window cill.

This is the problem with you; you have no self control & very little understanding of how politics & the real world work. You've become an idealist fascist bigotted bore. You've boxed yourself in to the left lunacy so you can't think straight, so you start with the nastyisms.

You just live in your own little bedsit bubble...look out thru your filthy net curtains & grime stained windows...there's the real world right there. Put away your 'vote labour' propaganda, the election is over, go & acquaint yourself with reality.

Oh btw, did you mean 'puerile' by any chance? Hmm thought so. You see how getting angry can addle the brain?

Now go take your pills & rest up.

Goddamn this guy is the biggest f***ing pussy. We don't need to hear this song again. It was fine the first time around with Roy Orbison singing it. It sounds exactly the same but not as good, grow the f*** up.

Clearly Moz is just venting his sheer frustration with the record company.

Moz makes the music, BMG's job is to market, release, promote & distribute the work of the artist. Surely that's the way it ought to work?

It's been a complete cluster from the start with this single. They've either screwed up or can't be arsed for some unknown reason. I feel for Moz.

Some bad planning & decision making at BMG I reckon. Someone's arse in a sling soon.

Strange that shambolic releases occur with every label? There is a common thread if you could but see it.

He’s an artist and I’m sure he wants this to come out but I can see why they wouldn’t want to. The album had a bunch of singles and a lot of time has passed. Despite the mention of airplay I don’t think it would’ve gained much traction like wedding bell blues did. That said I hope he still puts out his new album with them. Bmg seems to be dealing with the comments well. Seem to be just letting him vent which is all for the best imo and much of his tour was very successful

Morrissey cheers his support of Farage, Walters, Yaxley-Lennon from the sidelines.

I could mention certain facts to counter your puerile points, but I'd be wasting my time as people like you, skinny, don't like facts...so it would all be simply lost on you. It would therefore be like your life: pointless.

The single was probably a contractual obligation for BMG. No other reason why they’d release it. But I like the blue colour of the vinyl.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom