Morrissey Central: Blue Rondo A La Turk

BLUE RONDO A LA TURK - Morrissey Central
July 8, 2019

full

"I liked them because they seemed two jumps ahead of everyone else. The mere sight of them suggested big league, but they didn't quite get that far. They were one of the very few groups that the Smiths supported, but there was a scepticism about them being just 'club models' … who asked and got. This was said also about very early Roxy Music … who appeared to be quite affluent before they'd even had a hit. With Blue Rondo, again, you suspected that they were given all of their fantastic suits for free whilst the rest of us had to dream of being able to buy SOMETHING that didn't look TOO abysmal. The main electric spark was their dancing which was very virile and athletic … and even though they came from the Blitz/Billy's scene they seemed like supermale prizefighters or nightclub heavies … deep-chested vocals, narrow-hipped, and very much a man's, man's, man's, man's world. I don't think a sudden tussle would trouble them in the least. But their songs were not about the curves of seductive women - or even about women … as if women might even lack some essential excitement. It's a safe bet that they couldn't stand the Smiths … me singing about not even a glimmer of adventure sex. But that was 1982 or, for me, 1947. Their companion Robert Elms described me as "Ena Sharples". I was actually flattered because Violet Carson, I thought, was extremely funny. You know how comedians or comic actors think that if they show lots of teeth people will think they're saying something hilarious … when of course they aren't? Well, Violet Carson kept her teeth well hidden. Maybe she had none? How did I get from Blue Rondo a la Turk to Violet Carson?
Oh. Well, Blue Rondo were a London band … which was obvious to us because they actually had shoes. I don't think their songs were as good as ours, but our shoes weren't as good as theirs, so, there we are.
They quickly went away and didn't return. I don't know if it's even possible to find their music anymore, but it certainly wouldn't hurt the ear. I think some of Blue Rondo were from the West Indies whereas of course all of the Smiths were born at the Manchester Scabies & Gripe Maternity Hospital."

Morrissey 7 July 2019, talking to himself (for … what choice?)

* sorry, I have no idea who took the above photograph.

Amusing musings from Moz about the first Smiths-support act.

Note posted by an anonymous person:

Actually, it was the other way around. The Smiths supported them. It was their first live show ever on 4 October 1982 at the Ritz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racism and homophobia are NOT opinions, they're offenses. The frame is the law. I know you'll probably disagree but, mind you, you only have two options: vote or leave. Oh no, there's a third one: do nothing and complain while benefiting from this country.

This is my country, what are you on about?

I think you're making this up as you go along.
I don't get along, I get by. Still, I don't get the link between gay and paedophile and you don't seem too keen on explaining which I find a problem when people open their trash chute mouths and don't want to explicit their sayings while complaining about the lack of freedom of speech.

If you're the guy that's posted the pro-pride stuff recently, which i presume you are........judging by your comments, the only paedophile fan .......is you.

"There was a picture on Twitter earlier (can't find it now) of a naked man and a small roughly 6 year old boy with his jaw dropping as he's faced with the mans penis starring at his face. God knows what the parents were doing taking him to something like that. Anyway, enjoy another picture from the day's events and realize the world is f***ed." To his good friend, Reelfountain. The apologist for a right-wing, convicted paedophile.

"Oh yeah, f*** PRIDE. It's tacky commercialized bullshit - and
the fact they're getting the kids in on it now is like something from Gary Glitter's handbook. Reelfountain, the apologist for a right-wing, convicted paedophile, to her comrade in arms, Hoffman.

"Gays used to enjoy the shadows - now it's all so extroverted and crudely in your face." The paedophile apologist, Reelfountain to the hate machine that is Hoffman.

"No, kids shouldn't be indoctrinated with "diversity". Hoffman to no-one in particular

This is what homophobia looks like!

SEI_72677039.jpg

Major twinkage.

Is this a joke? Is this funny?

BERLIN — A court in the eastern German city of Chemnitz has convicted three men of manslaughter over the killing of a 27-year-old gay man.

The Chemnitz regional court on Friday sentenced 26-year-old Terenc H. to 14 years in prison, and 22-year-olds Stephan H. and Jens H. to 11 years each.

The defendants were accused of brutally beating Christopher W. on a railroad yard in the nearby town of Aue last year, then putting the victim’s face up against the rim of a concrete well and kicking his head.

Source: Associated Press - June 7th 2019

Because you can't face different opinions and you are basically a thought-police Nazi. I get it - the reactionary left can't face debating differing opinions because of their "oh so sensitive constitutions". What is this world coming to. God help us.

This is your differing of opinion. This is what you endorse. This is what you incite.​

_104074052_kydis6.jpg

An 18-year-old gay man was viciously beaten up on the bus going home "for being different", a court heard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-46018459

Is this a joke? Is this funny?

BERLIN — A court in the eastern German city of Chemnitz has convicted three men of manslaughter over the killing of a 27-year-old gay man.

The Chemnitz regional court on Friday sentenced 26-year-old Terenc H. to 14 years in prison, and 22-year-olds Stephan H. and Jens H. to 11 years each.

The defendants were accused of brutally beating Christopher W. on a railroad yard in the nearby town of Aue last year, then putting the victim’s face up against the rim of a concrete well and kicking his head.

Source: Associated Press - June 7th 2019

And that's worse than Barry Bennell or Sydney Cooke? Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

What's the link between being gay and being a paedophile?

That link is only known to Reelfountain and Stephen Hofmann. They both seemed quite knowlegable on the subject in their recent posts. Both were able to discuss a paedophile subculture that they were of. One can only guess that their good friend, the convicted, alt-right, paedohpile, Jack Renshaw pointed them in its direction.
Reelfountain. Stephen Hofmann. The unacceptable faces of homophobia, racism, white-power and so the list goes on .....

How is a questioning of the proliferation of modern Gay culture in any way an endorsement of wanting to attack anyone?

Because 'proliferation' is a negative word used for vermins for example so it shows how unpleasant it seems to be to you and how you're not willing to see any benefit in the fact that gay people don't have to hide and live in shame anymore.

Because 'proliferation' is a negative word used for vermins for example so it shows how unpleasant it seems to be to you and how you're not willing to see any benefit in the fact that gay people don't have to hide and live in shame anymore.

Did Noel Coward hide and live in shame? No, he just got on with his life.

How is a questioning of the proliferation of modern Gay culture in any way an endorsement of wanting to attack anyone?

You know very well what you have done and are continuing to do. Some LGBT hate incitement info for you, not that you'll pay it any notice.

Online anti-LGBT hate speech is any online communication or expression which advocates, promotes, or incites hatred, discrimination or violence, against any individual or group, because of their sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Examples of online hate speech include:

• threats to an individual or group While you haven't directly threatened, as far as I can discern, you have created a bias view of LGBT people as: perverts, paedophiles, people who should return to the shadows, people who have no right to express their sexuality. You don't dispute this or you haven't, as yet. Your rhetoric has the potential to put LGBT people at risk of harm. This could be argued as incitement. I'm arguing it now.
online abuse and cyberbullying Your words re: gay equate with paedophiles is abusive and homophobic
• words, images and videos that call for or glorify violence against a group. You consistently posted and agreed with posts that equated gay men with paedophiles - you even posted some photos of men at Pride, who you decided looked like paedophiles. By doing so you perpetuated and promoted the myth of gay men as child abusers. As a consequence your actions have the potential to put gay men at risk in wider society as pontial child abusers.
• encouraging others to commit hate crimes - see above
grossly offensive posts or comments - see above. You agreed with comments that LGBT would be better back in the shadows and that LGBT have no right to express their sexuality.
trolling (posting offensive, upsetting or inflammatory comments online in an attempt to hurt and provoke a response) This, as most know, is what you do all day every day - or so it seems - since you joined this forum just over a year ago.
• other online communication which could incite hatred towards a particular group or person.

Hate speech can happen:

publicly, for example on public social media posts and comments, websites and forums
This is where you spread you hatred of LGBT people but it is policed and it is regulated.
• privately, for example through social media, messaging apps, dating apps and emails.

Hate speech does not necessarily involve a crime being committed, but all of it can be harmful regardless of whether it is illegal or not.

Isn’t it just free speech?
Abusers often hide behind the idea that all they are doing is expressing an opinion or a belief, but no-one has the right to behave in a way that is abusive towards others. The Human Rights Act 1988 protects our rights, including the freedom of expression. This freedom carries with it a duty to respect other people’s rights. Everyone has the right to be protected from discrimination and violence. Use of offensive language or expressing an offensive opinion or belief itself is not unlawful, only where it causes alarm and distress, such as a threat of violence. The freedom of expression does not cover speech and expression that incites violence, hatred or discrimination.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom