Morrissey Central: The Secret Of Music - 9th April, 2018

With great relief, some pride and joy, I express my sincere thanks to you for our recent UK/Mexico tour - which, impossibly, perhaps, seemed like our best yet. I felt mesmerized by the audience at Alexandra Palace, and overwhelmed by the audiences at Birmingham and Glasgow. That compressed image, to the very last glimpse, is in the mind forever. It’s a joy that even happiness might become confused by. So, thank you - in the most plain language, for your support and loyalty, both of which could never be questioned.

I am sorry that our art-hounds at The Independent and The Guardian were so hateful about the tour, but as we now know, hatred is their income. They do not care and they have no taste. Rather than suffer the ordeal of insanity, I would suggest that you never again buy or log onto these ‘hoax news’ outlets: they will die quickly without you.

Enormous thanks to Radio 2 for adding Jacky’s only happy when she’s up on the stage to their playlist this week! This is as our My love, I’d do anything for you single spends its second week at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart. We are immensely proud.

It’s difficult to pull the best from the greatest, but our recent dates were most stylishly celebratory at:

1.LONDON Palladium (10 March)

2.MEXICO CITY (17 March)

3.LONDON Alexandra Palace (9 March)

4.GLASGOW SSE Hydro Arena (17 Feb)

5.NEWCASTLE Metro Arena (23 Feb)

6.LEEDS First Direct Arena (24 Feb)

7.BIRMINGHAM Genting Arena (27 Feb)

8.LONDON Brixton Academy (1 March)

9.ABERDEEN GE Arena (16 Feb)

10.LONDON Royal Albert Hall (7 March)

11.BRIGHTON Center (3 March)

12.DUBLIN 3arena (20 Feb)

Thanks to all venues for being 100% vegan: it’s great to eat and to save lives at the same time. Meanwhile, The Great Conor McGregor’s new TV commercial for Burger King looks like something out of the last century - marooned in the past.

We plan a release for our Back on the chain gang single for August - if the wind remains at our backs and in our sails. If you find yourself at a loose end until then, please read Douglas Murray’s The strange death of Europe.

I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research.

For me, now, life is enough, and your support elevates me all over again. I can only continue expressing my thanks to you for all that you do, and I brim with pride to think that we’re all still here.

Incontestably yours

MORRISSEY

9 April 2018.

Image-1.png

http://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-secret-of-music

Link first shared here:

20180409_135715.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Morrissey feels, that perhaps this was his most successful tour because he actually finished a tour.

It's all about the two thousand copies sold on the vinyl charts now.

Also, how is he able to keep speaking? He claimed free speech is dead. Who is allowing this? I cannot believable the government's incompetence when it comes to allowing him to continue to speak when hes it is forbidden.

There needs to be an inquiry.
I'm not sure you know what free speech means.

I'm confused about this guy coming to ring our doorbell, because Morrissey doesn't say whether we should open or not. :confused:

(I'm only asking because my intercom is off, as I got fed up with people trying to sell the Internet to me. )

-Knock knock.
-Who's there?
-It's Johnny.
-Johnny who?
-Johnny f***ing Rogan.

Fake,horrible,narcissistic,egoistic,fool. Nothing else. Stupid man. I turn my back as always.

I really love Morrissey and I will always love him, those newspapers were horrible and I agree with him, but now I just wish he could go back to music.
The tour was fantastic, one of the best concert I ever been in my life. The part of the statement where he writes about the tour is touching, but when he goes back again to the newspaper feud it’s exhausting

Last edited by a moderator:
So Morrissey is reading about politics now? Please. Stick to Bronte and Plath, Morrissey. Seriously, picturing Morrissey reading politics is like picturing Robert Smith reading the South Beach Diet.

Morrissey's right. Alexandra Palace was mesmeric. Glad he threw in the recommended reading also. An arch little sting in the tail to all the easily-bruised types out there who, lets face it, never understood Morrissey from the beginning.

I wasn't going to join the discussion, but I now do so anyway...

...Douglas Murray writes occasionally in The Times and he is busy in "Henry Jackson society think tank". He doesn't write for the Guardian, who despises him maybe more than any other paper.

He is a free-thinking and intelligent young man. I think he manages to question current policy on immigration etc without becoming xenophobic/racist quite well. Have had some clippings of his on my notice board for some time.

It's not racist to think that the western culture as we know it is changing rapidly and probably to an extent is going and that immigration plays a role here.

It's hard to think of a more obvious western thing than pop music and it's culture.

And pop music is obviously Moz's first love.

We ought to be allowed to feel patriotic/proud/afraid/suspicious/ etc without having to be judged, doomed and thrown to the dogs.

Not really relevant:
Do you remember that you-tube clip of the Indonesian (Biggest Muslim country and one of the girls in head-scarf) girls singing "Alma Matters"? I thought that was lovely!

More relevant:
Of the three London shows I saw, Palladium was the golden light standing out above the others.

Last edited:
Forget all the stuff about the Independent/Guardian bitching -- August?! August for Back in the Chain Gang? Is it me, or does that seem a bit too far away to cash-in on the wave of it's popularity?

Saying that, maybe it's to keep us going, and M in people's mind for another album next year?

I wasn't going to join the discussion, but I now do so anyway...

...Douglas Murray writes occasionally in The Times and he is busy in "Henry Jackson society think tank". He doesn't write for the Guardian, who despises him maybe more than any other paper.

He is a free-thinking and intelligent young man. I think he manages to question current policy on immigration etc without becoming xenophobic/racist well. Have had some clippings of his on my notice board for some time.

It's not racist to think that the western culture as we know it is changing rapidly and probably to an extent is going and that immigration plays a role here.

It's hard to think of a more obvious western thing than pop music and it's culture.

And pop music is obviously Moz's first love.

We ought to be allowed to feel patriotic/proud/afraid/suspicious/ etc without having to be judged, doomed and thrown to the dogs.

Not really relevant:
Do you remember that you-tube clip of the Indonesian (Biggest Muslim country and one of the girls in head-scarf) girls singing "Alma Matters"? I thought that was lovely!

More relevant:
Of the three London shows I saw, Palladium was the golden light standing out above the others.

Shame George Soros won't listen to ya but he sure took a helluva beating in his home country last night during the hungarian elections.

Morrissey, you've taught me that in life some things are way more important than others and that we must get our priorities straight.

To honour your memory, I thus hereby make the solemn promise that I will never ever blabber to Johnny Rogan for a ridiculous :rolleyes: amount of money.

Morrissey's right. Alexandra Palace was mesmeric. Glad he threw in the recommended reading also. An arch little sting in the tail to all the easily-bruised types out there who, lets face it, never understood Morrissey from the beginning.

Exactly!

I don't get him rating his top 12 gigs bit strange for him to mention that - what's behind it? What is he trying to say???? Answers on a postcard. I'm sure attendees in Dublin will be chuffed to be at the bottom. I went to both Ally Pally and Glasgow so I can give myself a big pat on the back.

I don't get him rating his top 12 gigs bit strange for him to mention that - what's behind it? What is he trying to say???? Answers on a postcard. I'm sure attendees in Dublin will be chuffed to be at the bottom. I went to both Ally Pally and Glasgow so I can give myself a big pat on the back.
Yeah why we are at the bottom?

I think it means the rest of us need to do better! We need to set our adoration to 11.

People were adorant in Dublin and singing in the tram all together on the way back! Can we please go up a little bit?

God's representative on earth has spoken -you"re officially at the bottom numero 12 - suck it up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom