Morrissey collapsed on stage

esteban

Just got a text off Jukebox Jury who said Moz has collapsed on stage in Swindon and has been taken to hospital.

:confused:

I hope he's ok...

Omg.

:(

My mom just keeps saying over and over about my dog, "Barney looks really tired." "Barney is tired." "Barney looks like he needs to rest." "Maybe you should go lie down with Barney."

The former Smiths frontman Morrissey was rushed to hospital tonight after collapsing on stage at the start of a concert.

Witnesses said that just moments after the 50-year-old had finished performing his opening song, the 1983 hit This Charming Man, he fell to the floor and was dragged offstage by worried band members.

Minutes earlier he had arrived on stage and said: "Good evening ... probably."...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/24/morrissey-the-smiths-collapse-swindon

Don't worry guys... "His conditions is not thought to be life threatening". Let's pray for him and his soon recovery. He must learn when to stop!!!

From Yahoo News:

LONDON (AFP) – Singer Morrissey was rushed to hospital after collapsing on stage Saturday with breathing problems, emergency services said.

The 50-year-old former frontman of 1980s pop band The Smiths fell ill while performing at the Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.

"Just after 9:00 pm we got a call to a 50-year-old man who was reported to be suffering from respiratory problems and was unconscious," said a spokeswoman for the Great Western Ambulance Service.

"We sent a paramedic in a doubled-crewed ambulance.

"When they arrived they found a conscious patient who was not feeling well at all. They made an initial assessment and took him to the Great Western Hospital (in Swindon) for further assessment."

His condition was not thought to be life threatening, she added.

The Mancunian has toured North America and Europe after releasing his ninth solo album, "Years of Refusal", in February.

"Morrissey was brought in to the Accident and Emergency department," said a Great Western Hospital spokeswoman.

"He has been seen by the medical team. At this stage his condition is stable."

get well soon morrissey, take time off now and come back stronger than ever

I really hope he feels better. Get well, Mozzer. :D

If they did a ECT on you Morrissey, I hope they didn't rip all your chest hair off when they removed the little stickers. :D I love you. Wish I was there for realz. :tears:

If they did a ECT on you Morrissey, I hope they didn't rip all your chest hair off when they removed the little stickers. :D I love you. Wish I was there for realz. :tears:

others tsking the piss take note, this is humerous yet heart whelming, peace to you crystal geezer

2009 isn't a good year, is it? Since the first months Morrissey has been ill.

But I hope you get better.

This is a shocker, get well soon Moz :(

Rest.. Get well.... And bounce back better than ever if thats at all poss.

We are all with you

VIVA MORRISSEY

Back
Top Bottom