Morrissey fan gives tories best rating in polls in 15 years!

Theo

"We won't vote conservative because we never have...."

Looks like Smiths and Morrissey fan David Cameron is changing their minds.

BREAKING NEWS: New Poll Gives Massive Tory Lead

One poll does not a Summer make. But if you're a Conservative you ought to buy The Guardian tomorrow. Their ICM poll gives the Conservatives their best showing for 15 years with 40%, Labour on 31% and the LibDems on 19%. If you're a Labour supporter you will be very worried by the fact that when people were asked how they would vote if it were Cameron v Brown, the Tories rose to 42%, Labour fell to 29% and the LibDems also fell by two points to 17%. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Labour leadership contest may not be quite the shoo-in that everyone thinks. One or two more polls like this and Labour MPs will be getting very twitchy. However, the Labour Party leadership rules only give MPs one third of the votes, so Brown may be safer than he would have been under a one member one vote system, or if only MPs had the vote.

Anyway, let's see if this trend is reflected in the next YouGov and Populus polls.

Guardian:

Gordon Brown is failing to persuade the public that he would make a better prime minister than David Cameron, according to a Guardian/ICM poll published today which suggests the Conservatives could win a working majority at the next general election.

Voters give the Tories a clear 13-point lead when asked which party they would back in a likely contest between Mr Brown, Mr Cameron and Sir Menzies Campbell.

Scotsman:

Gordon Brown has been dealt a major blow by a new opinion poll suggesting he is losing out to David Cameron as a would-be prime minister.

Another from the Guardian:

On nine key issues that shape the way people vote, Labour now has a lead in only three. The political map of Britain has been reshaped since 2005, with the Tories now ahead as the party with the best policies in such former Labour stronghold areas as education, tax and public services.

David Cameron's favorite album of all time is The Queen Is Dead, and he went to see Morrissey in concert in 2006.

As an American, the UK's domestic affairs are not a big concern to me as that is their own business. And, beyond domestic affairs, I doubt Cameron would be as good a friend to the USA as the brave and eloquent Tony Blair.

Putting all that aside, isn't it nice to see a Smiths/Morrissey fan doing so well?

Especially after seeing that deranged Hard Left Morrissey fan from the blog Shakespeare's Sister getting hired by the John Edwards campaign here in the States, only to be exposed as a hardcore hatemonger, sexist, and bigot. As was noted in another thread, she was forced to resign in disgrace just days after starting with Edwards, causing a scandal for her boss.

It makes me happy to see a quite different breed of Morrissey fan in politics who is a higher class of people, isn't a hater, is on the rise, and the people seem to adore him! :)

David Cameron selected "This Charming Man" amongst his "desert island discs."

Is he Britain's new charming man?

DAVID-CAMERON.JPG

Aww. That puppy can sense he's a kind soul.

Last edited:
If the past commentary concerning Cameron on the main-page is any indication, this is about to get interesting...

popcorneo7.gif

popcornmachine265af6.jpg

DAVID-CAMERON.JPG

Aww. That puppy can sense he's a kind soul.

Animals are good at sensing if someone is nice. I'm not making any commentary on this fellow and I should point out that particular photo op is no indication of anything, but what I am saying for certain is in most real situations animals can sense if a person is good or bad and that that puppy is very cute.

If the past commentary concerning Cameron on the main-page is any indication, this is about to get interesting...

popcorneo7.gif

popcornmachine265af6.jpg

My hope is that everyone would put their partisanships aside and, on a human level, be happy that a Morrissey fan is doing well! What do Labour and Tory even mean anymore? The BNP thinks he's to the left of Labour.

Whatever he is, he seems nice, the people like him, and he's changing the political landscape of Britain.

Animals are good at sensing if someone is nice. I'm not making any commentary on this fellow and I should point out that particular photo op is no indication of anything, but what I am saying for certain is in most real situations animals can sense if a person is good or bad and that that puppy is very cute.

What do you think this goose thought of John Kerry, whom Morrissey endorsed?

7_23_102104_kerry_hunting.jpg

This cruel photo-op took place here in Ohio. The kind people of my state started turning on Kerry in the polls immediately afterwards. Somewhere up in goose heaven, the lil fella enjoyed the last laugh. :)

Last edited:
What do you think this goose thought of John Kerry, whom Morrissey endorsed?

This cruel photo-op took place here in Ohio. The kind people of my state starting turning on Kerry in the polls immediately afterwards. Somewhere up in goose heaven, the lil fella enjoyed the last laugh.

Don't get me started on John Kerry. :rolleyes: Even though SNL has such a left-leaning bias, I thought it was hilarious when on Weekend Updated: "However Kerry later accused his hunting partners of raping the geese and burning down geese villages". :D For the record I am am omnivore, opposed to fur when it is only used for vanity and when acquired so cruelly, and oppose hunting unless it is for food. If you turn the hunt into sport, then fine, but if you kill an animal for no reason and make no use of it, I just find it wasteful. Yes Morrissey has shown himself to hypocritical on certain things, I've learned to expect it. :rolleyes:

Also as a Packer fan I took personal offense at the "Lambert Field" remark. :p

Haha. How do you ask a goose to be the last goose to die for a mistake?

We could be here all day with ridiculous Kerry photo-ops.

Kerry%20NASA-2.jpg

Morrissey endorsed Jon Stewart.

"With all my heart I urge people to vote against George Bush. Jon Stewart would be ideal, but John Kerry is the logical and sane move. It does not need to be said yet again, but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet. For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers, under the rules of Bush, now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler’s SS. Please bring sanity and intelligence back to the United States. Don’t forget to vote. Vote for John Kerry and get rid of George Bush!"

plus, at least Kerry didn't shoot the guy in the face and then try to cover it up. :p

:D Look at me, I'm double-quoting! :p
"With all my heart I urge people to vote against George Bush. Jon Stewart would be ideal, but John Kerry is the logical and sane move. It does not need to be said yet again, but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet. For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers, under the rules of Bush, now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler’s SS. Please bring sanity and intelligence back to the United States. Don’t forget to vote. Vote for John Kerry and get rid of George Bush!"

Morrissey fan gives tories best rating in polls in 15 years! well, this one didn't?

theo, I don't mind all your shite tory drivel because it's so funny BUT there's no place for nazis, please do me a favour & don't put links on here to fascist sites (& I promise not to put links to ultra left ones) ok. Everyone knows that tory blair is as right as the con-servatives btw.

cheers

Grim

Back
Top Bottom