morrissey frink thread!

A rather wonderful image posted yesterday via the photographic skills of Chris Cuffaro.
Frink away...
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
now that is a well dressed man. wow. wow wow wow wow wow.

by the way, what does frink mean?

You said it yourself. :thumb:
It's the Wow, Wow, Wow thread! :p

Edit: FYI:
The male frink thread has received 1319 posts.
The female frink thread 1465.
:thumb:

this photo was posted on moz official an hour ago:
i remember there was someone asking here in another thread which photograph of morrissey one would like to see as a big print on the living room wall.
well, this would be my first choice

Gorgeous photo

Would anyone know where/when/by whom this photo was taken? I'm guessing it to be c. 2009?

Attachments

• C14goHhVQAAR3pv.jpg
    C14goHhVQAAR3pv.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
Were you thinking of this K.?

DKEv3a1W4AA3_k4.jpg:large

Shot by Mr Adams in the Hotel de Russie in 2005

Would have made a great new single cover...

Yes, I thought it was one of the session in 2005.

Although I also agree with you, perhaps it's bit too bourgeois for the lyrics.

Even a cropped Corbijn has elements of gorgeousity, but the full frame, for me, has more inherent drama and more of a story to tell.
The lure of the lair versus the nose forever pressed against the window pain.
Why on earth go into the world when you have the Dolls and a comfy couch?

"And it's safer / To stay inside..."

5c8c9ee9c887ba0a4173afc597bea7f9.jpg

...and a Jake.

Gorgeous photo

It is a pity that for some reason, never knew why, Anton Corbijn didn't make any more photos of Moz.
He was one of the photographers that were able to catch Moz in very great pictures and they were never hurtful or bad. They always seemed natural and Moz seemed at ease with himself and the photographer.
I believe I read somewhere there was a fallout between them but can't remember anything said by Moz or Anton Corbijn.

It is a pity that for some reason, never knew why, Anton Corbijn didn't make any more photos of Moz.
He was one of the photographers that were able to catch Moz in very great pictures and they were never hurtful or bad. They always seemed natural and Moz seemed at ease with himself and the photographer.
I believe I read somewhere there was a fallout between them but can't remember anything said by Moz or Anton Corbijn.

There was a story in the 'NME' back in 1994 that as part of the bigtime promo push for 'V&i' Sire had booked a shitload of photo sessions, interviews and a video shoot (for 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get") as part of their plans for world domination.
The story went that Moz nixed a Herb Ritts photoshoot for the LP cover, never showed for a 'Rolling Stone' interview, and then walked out of the Anton Corbijn-helmed video shoot.

í have no idea if that is bullshit or not (it was post-Madstock 'NME' after all), and certainly í have never read Moz or Anton refer to such an incident, but they never worked together again after the January 1994 'Details' magazine session (from where the 'gorgeous' shot originated), having worked extensively together in the previous 6 years since 'Viva Hate'.
Also there was some kind of delay in EMI/Sire providing TV with a promo video for that single. There was a cut&paste old-clip comp video provided at the time of release, before they eventually released the Albert Watson shot final video.

í can only agree on the wasted opportunity.

There was a story in the 'NME' back in 1994 that as part of the bigtime promo push for 'V&i' Sire had booked a shitload of photo sessions, interviews and a video shoot (for 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get") as part of their plans for world domination.
The story went that Moz nixed a Herb Ritts photoshoot for the LP cover, never showed for a 'Rolling Stone' interview, and then walked out of the Anton Corbijn-helmed video shoot.

í have no idea if that is bullshit or not (it was post-Madstock 'NME' after all), and certainly í have never read Moz or Anton refer to such an incident, but they never worked together again after the January 1994 'Details' magazine session (from where the 'gorgeous' shot originated), having worked extensively together in the previous 6 years since 'Viva Hate'.
Also there was some kind of delay in EMI/Sire providing TV with a promo video for that single. There was a cut&paste old-clip comp video provided at the time of release, before they eventually released the Albert Watson shot final video.

í can only agree on the wasted opportunity.

Thanks so much Joe!
Very interesting! :thumb:

yeah, i think gorgeous is the word i was looking for. i like the cropped version better than the original, though both are gorgeous in their own way, in the origingal the lighting is of more importance

This is the original version from "Details" magazine ~

Details%252C+April+94-3390.jpg

~ you can see the knob in this one...

Back
Top Bottom