morrissey frink thread!

Not everyone agrees, it seems :lbf:

Hah! Well they don't seem overly Stalinist about it, as there is a feast of Steven elsewhere on that account. Maybe they just don't like Anton's bokeh...

This is a bit of a hottie, and qualifies as Frink? ~

It's quite a beaut all round.

And can your beady eyes confirm whether that's the blouse on Moz that was in the Anton shots? Looks similar to these eyes...

Hah! Well they don't seem overly Stalinist about it, as there is a feast of Steven elsewhere on that account. Maybe they just don't like Anton's bokeh...

This is a bit of a hottie, and qualifies as Frink? ~

It's quite a beaut all round.

And can your beady eyes confirm whether that's the blouse on Moz that was in the Anton shots? Looks similar to these eyes...

That's a lovely one 💕

I like the way the grabbing hands make it look like a still from a zombie film. He seems quite excited at the prospect of being devoured alive... 🧟‍♂️

And yes, I concur, it's the famous punctate "plum" shirt in its pre-fame days!

Last edited:
Upon further...reflection...yes, indeed, this one is undeniably and intrinsically Frink ~

The Smiths Morrissey Marr Liverpool 1983.jpg

💦🌊:yum:

Nothing's changed...

MorrisseyJoNovarkNYD1986.jpg

MorrisseyLASunsetMarquis24April2021.jpg

Another image from Anton Corbijn's first session with The Smiths, for the "NME " {& "Hot Press" in 1984}. Taken in Liverpool, although Getty images list it as London.

Not especially Frinky, although í could argue the case that M.'s foreground bokeh black blur silhouette is Frinkier than Johnny's sharp jazz dude ~

View attachment 71320

Hallelujah. We have our new Pope of Mope...

The Smiths Anton Corbijn 1984 (i).jpg

My god, the drapes.

í will never comprehend Johnny's Little Lord Fauntleroy x Brian Jones look. But each to their own.

This erotic tension in this shot is seeping from every sun-bleached Supasnaps pixel. The look on the drummer-lover just screams 'French film', does it not...?

View attachment 71625

Well...every guitarist secretly wishes they were Brian Jones.

My god, the drapes.

í will never comprehend Johnny's Little Lord Fauntleroy x Brian Jones look. But each to their own.

This erotic tension in this shot is seeping from every sun-bleached Supasnaps pixel. The look on the drummer-lover just screams 'French film', does it not...?

View attachment 71625

Not to add fuel to the fire of crazy rumours, but a funny little detail I noticed a while ago regarding M & MJ... 🔍:eyes:

They seem to have worn the same ring. :eek:💍

I first noticed the claddagh ring on Joyce in this undated Nick Knight promo photo (which I assume to be ca. 1984 because Nick Knight also snapped Morrissey for a May 1984 Blitz piece)

MikeJoyceNickKnightca1984.jpg

...and it reminded me of this beautiful 1991 close up of Morrissey's hands (and rings) from Peepholism

HandsDouglasBrothers1991Peepholism.jpg

I didn't think much of it since this type of ring is quite popular because of its symbolic implications and both of them being Irish and there are many years between those two pictures. But then I realised...

Same ring on M ~ June 1986

MorrisseyGrave1986LawrenceWatson.jpg

Wonder if he returned the ring in the end?

Michael, it was really nothing? ;)

(for the record, I do believe this to be purely coincidental...)

Not to add fuel to the fire of crazy rumours, but a funny little detail I noticed a while ago regarding M & MJ... 🔍:eyes:

I first noticed the claddagh ring on Joyce in this undated Nick Knight promo photo (which I assume to be ca. 1984 because Nick Knight also snapped Morrissey for a May 1984 Blitz piece)

View attachment 71628

...and it reminded me of this beautiful 1991 close up of Morrissey's hands (and rings) from Peepholism

View attachment 71631

I didn't think much of it since this type of ring is quite popular because of its symbolic implications and both of them being Irish and there are many years between those two pictures. But then I realised...

View attachment 71632

More fuel: why are there glamour shots of Mike Joyce when I haven't seen any like that of Johnny or Andy?

More fuel: why are there glamour shots of Mike Joyce when I haven't seen any like that of Johnny or Andy?

I guess it depends on your definition of "glamour shots"...

JohnnyMarrEricWatsonca1983.jpg

JohnnyMarrPromo.jpg

JohnnyMarrTomSheenan1985.jpg

Not as "glamorous" as Mike's, but not every photographer is Nick Knight.

I'll use this as an excuse to add some pictures of Morrissey which I assume to be from the same session:

MorrisseyNickKnight1984.jpg

MorrisseyNickKnight1984_2.jpg

MorrisseyNickKnight1984_3.jpg

BlitzMay1984_page2.jpg

View attachment 71628

View attachment 71631

View attachment 71632

I wouldn't be surprised if some men got bi-curious around him esp in the 1980s when you've got A Threat To Society sitting drinking a cup of tea & chatting about Coronation Street.

There's no evidence, mind. 🙃

I wouldn't be surprised if some men got bi-curious around him esp in the 1980s when you've got A Threat To Society sitting drinking a cup of tea & chatting about Coronation Street.

There's no evidence, mind. 🙃

Oh, I mean, just look at him.
I've seen 'straight' men swoon over him in times when he wasn't as delicate and magnetic and ambiguous anymore as he was back then. It's not hard to see how someone could fall for him. (Never mind the fact that I don't believe anyone is 100% hetero...).
That side of the story wouldn't be hard to believe, but the idea of Morrissey being after Mike is.
He didn't write Hand In Glove and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out with Joyce in mind...

Wow...That pic is perfect. A sight for sore eyes after the horrors of the main page. Cheers!

Hilarious.
The question is: why did you feel the need to look at a thread that is dedicated to sexy pictures of Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom