Morrissey - has his light finally gone out? by Andrew Harrison (The Guardian / Shortcuts blog)

Yeah, he finally went out record shopping. :p

Re: gloomy/pessimistic article in the Guardian

Usual dreary rubbish ( i.e. ' destroyed himself through self -invoked controversy' - type thing ) but thanks anyway for the link , Skinny ...

So it wasn't just illness that stopped the tour ? Never saw lack of money coming into the fray . Am I wrong to thinking the author (Andrew Harrison) of the article enjoys taking his leg back and delivering one last kick to the yarbols in the "call Johnny Marr " comment .

Last edited:

Yeah, this was a bitchy article. It seems they are enjoying Moz's latest debacle. Whatever!

All the dissing of the fans is jealousy through and through. There are many artists who are more successful commercially who could only dream of this kind of dedicated fan base (for better or worse, at times). Morrissey is like no other, and once he gets under your skin, he's there forever!

stopped reading once they used the word 'misery'

guardian always try to undermine moz and any Morrissey article on there is likely to be most viewed/commented on

I think the Moz adorers need to accept that whilst they are able to sustain themselves with worshipping the guy simply for what he is, the rest of us can only see a great talent and career on the decline.
This saddens me because I think he has been a truly great artist.

Morrissey has been brought down by his own hubris.

the vultures heard the news, poor Morrissey.

Get well, whatever hapened/s you are a legend

and the end of His musical carreer is not a point of discussion.

He's gonna strike back.

mark my words

Last edited:
the vultures heard the news, poor Morrissey.

Get well, whatever hapened/s you are a legend

and the end of His musical carreer is not a point of discussion.

He's gonna strike back.

mark my words

I hope you are right, celibate. His silence, so far, on the royal baby might point to some realisation in him that he should concentrate on what he does best.

I'm gonna try and be concise-- I think Morrissey should quit making music and touring from now on. He's been so successful in most of his endeavors as a solo artist, but everything must come to an end at one point or another. I think if he drags on much longer, he will turn into (if he hasn't sort of already) the sort of washed up, old artist that he once claimed to dislike so much. He should leave the music world with people saying they miss him and want him to come back (much like the Smiths)-- not with people saying that he should've done it years ago.

But anyways, I'm not saying that he should just quit EVERYTHING-- he's still got that autobiography right? And I'm sure he could do something else literature-related(or something else-- like Animal rights related or whatever the hell) if he really wanted to.... there's still so many things he could do even if he retired from making music. He really shouldn't keep trying to drag on like this. I don't know. This is just my two-cents.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom