Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
My question was about American hospitals. Why is covid the only thing that has ever pushed them over the edge? And since is has pushed them to that point, why aren't people more concerned?

As far as how to answer your question.. I really have no idea why the UK Govt. did that but I did find This link that does back up what you say fully.

But if it's con-vid.. are you saying it's not real? It's not deadly? It's not actually a problem? I don't get the point of calling it that so I am trying to understand what people are trying to convey when they use the term.
In a nutshell, whilst I accept that Covid exists (I’ve accepted the existence of three former novel Coronavirus, so why not this?), the government responses have had apparent motives which don’t seem to be directly related to the virus: 800,000 made jobless, unprecedented borrowing (which the poor will pay for), new police powers against protests, new obligations to show ID in certain venues, enforced changes to pay and conditions for many workers, cancer patients refused treatment. And so on.

But if it's con-vid.. are you saying it's not real? It's not deadly? It's not actually a problem? I don't get the point of calling it that so I am trying to understand what people are trying to convey when they use the term.
Me thinks they thinks that it’s a real illness, just basically a new strain of the flu.
However, the reaction to it has been a massive exercise in conditioning people to blindly do what they are told. That’s the con.

Me is only interpreting this from things me has seens or reads, me doesn’t actually believe it.

So if they want to protect the unvaccinated, that would mean that
everyone including the vaccinated will be required to wear masks.

Anyway it would be strange not to accept proof that you don’t have Covid.

Actually, a test of negative should be the only thing that’s mandatory to enter venue or place of performance.

The fully vaccinated still catch, spread and have died due to the virus.

That's true.

But they're trying to motivate people to get vaccines - they're not the ideal vaccines, but they're better than nothing.

The admin's too annoying to stick with so it wouldn't last - plus I'm at the Edinburgh Festival & no one in pubs is sticking to any rules. We're unruly. The governments have to factor that in.

Yes. A quick look through the Morrissey Central archive is enough proof of this. This was uploaded last December.

That's not proof - because we know Sam is Central's social media manager & Morrissey had the opportunity to speak out on the issue in his interview & he didn't take it.

That's not proof - because we know Sam is Central's social media manager & Morrissey had the opportunity to speak out on the issue in his interview & he didn't take it.
Well it's not evidence and we're not Judge Weeks gathering evidence against Morrissey but it's at least very very unfortunate again and so it's no wonder he (unfairly) doesn't end up on a list for vaccination advocates.

Problem is, most people assume it's Morrissey not Sam

You don’t know it’s Sam. It’s not Sam Central.

Well it's not evidence and we're not Judge Weeks gathering evidence against Morrissey but it's at least very very unfortunate again and so it's no wonder he (unfairly) doesn't end up on a list for vaccination advocates.

Tbh, I think he's been ill for quite a long time & if he can avoid/survive major scandals & keep creating, that's a good outcome.

You don’t know it’s Sam. It’s not Sam Central.

Yes, I do.

Edit: at least there's a fairly strong case for it.

Sam's apologised for not posting things sooner. He's used his own social media to tell us he's going to post things. And Morrissey has mentioned being shown videos that were posted - not the words of someone finding & posting things himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I do.

Edit: at least there's a fairly strong case for it.

Sam's apologised for not posting things sooner. He's used his own social media to tell us he's going to post things. And Morrissey has mentioned being shown videos that were posted - not the words of someone finding & posting things himself.

Are you saying Morrissey bears no responsibility for what is posted on the website that carries his name? That's ridiculous.

Are you saying Morrissey bears no responsibility for what is posted on the website that carries his name? That's ridiculous.

It's completely normal for a celebrity to have barely any idea what's on their website. What's unusual is leaving it to a family member.

I am glad you said this openly. Thanks. He described himself very often and very early as ill (Maladjusted) and for a long time it seemed like coquetry, but in old age extreme characteristics and the dwindling popularity are a burden.

Yeah. It takes a wee bit of sleuthing to work it out.

And unfortunately, sleuthing is no longer expected of ‘journalists’ anymore. Meaning, look into it and find out the facts before posting what you think is a tasty clickbait of a title, etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom