Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Some people...a tiny minority have died as a result of the vaccine. That's a fact. Which doesn't mean i don't believe in getting vaccinated.

On his way home from gettin' vaccinated, a friend
of mine was struck and killed by a truck carryin' the
frozen corpses of Covid victims.

quote-death-comes-for-us-all-in-the-end-j-k-rowling-47-68-33.jpg

How exactly is Eric Clapton an "Anti Vaxxer" when he's had the vaccine? Everyone knows he's had it because he made a video talking about how awful he felt after the jab.

It's because he says he felt forced into getting the vaccine & he thinks the vaccines are bad - so he is campaigning against them.

He does seem very anguished about it though - so I think labelling and hating anti-vaxxers is a cruel strategy - even if it does menace the majority into taking it. There should be better ways.

First of all it's a vaccine in name only. What it really should be referred to as is a "Therapeutic". One can still get infected with Covid while vaccinated albeit endure less severe symptoms but they are still contagious regardless.

I just wonder how many people would've gotten vaccinated if they were told that. I have to assume most if not all thought they were immune to Covid once jabbed, or twice jabbed to be more accurate. As far as doubt goes one should doubt everything until evidence that refutes said doubt changes your mind. Doubt is good. We need more of it, not less.

Morrrissey's Convid comment in my estimation was that we are being conned about the efficacy of how we are dealing with Covid re lockdowns. Who is actually being counted as dying from Covid or dying with Covid? Comorbidites never get spoken about on the news. No one is talking about any negative effects of shutting down civilisation re mental health, suicides, etc...

If the main symptom of Covid was that it rendered you motionless trapping you in your home while leaving you penniless we'd be trying to find a way to render those symptoms obsolete.

That's not what Morrissey said though - he seemed to be picking his way fairly carefully (for Morrissey) and he just talked about people not agreeing (his band are all pro-vax, some members of his family are anti-vaxx), that it's not good to not be with people (his mother had a restricted funeral, which must have caused pain) and that rich people aren't sticking to the rules (which is true).

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think Morrissey would have to tell Jesse that he was going to defy masks or vaccines at his shows with Vegas only a couple of weeks away????

So, that probably means he isn't going to.

But also it feels unpredictable because he can cancel a show while on-stage.

It's because he says he felt forced into getting the vaccine & he thinks the vaccines are bad - so he is campaigning against them.

He does seem very anguished about it though - so I think labelling and hating anti-vaxxers is a cruel strategy - even if it does menace the majority into taking it. There should be better ways.
No. He has come out and said he would not perform a gig in front of a vaccinated crowd only. Ian Brown is the same

im glad they called these people out so that in 20 years when we look back and think "what the hell were we thinking?!" it will be easy to see who was on the right side of history.

No. He has come out and said he would not perform a gig in front of a vaccinated crowd only. Ian Brown is the same

Damn! I thought you meant Morrissey.

I wasn't listing everything Eric has said - just that he is campaigning.

Also - sorry.

Unfair, but at the same he kind of had it coming. He really should stop with this rebel nonsense and save his goddamn career. He’s not an idiot and it’s a shame he’s being made out to be one.
I don't think he is pro corona-vaxine. Why would he be? It is a dangerous genetherapy that doesn't work for this covid flu. which was predicted and is very clear now. And as you know Morrissey is always right in the end.

I don't think he is pro corona-vaxine. Why would he be? It is a dangerous genetherapy that doesn't work for this covid flu. which was predicted and is very clear now. And as you know Morrissey is always right in the end.
Make sure you tell all the scientists, doctors, nurses and other experts this. I’m sure they’d love to know about it. Wear your fanciest tinfoil hat when you do.

Make sure you tell all the scientists, doctors, nurses and other experts this. I’m sure they’d love to know about it. Wear your fanciest tinfoil hat when you do.
Hahaha, you only have to inform yourself from the majority of scientist and doctors, who are being sensored. Until then... have fun in 1984!

Hahaha, you only have to inform yourself from the majority of scientist and doctors, who are being sensored. Until then... have fun in 1984!
Of course.

And ofcourse you wont! You are still in your panic hypnosis. Wake up please... And listen to Morrissey.
You sound like a caricature of a conspiracy theorist. The whole world is wrong except you and everyone subscribing to the same conspiracy theories as you, the scientists are out to get us, everyone believing in science is a sheep, and nothing’s as it seems. But I do share your love for And Also the Trees. Super underrated band.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom