Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
You sound like a caricature of a conspiracy theorist. The whole world is wrong except you and everyone subscribing to the same conspiracy theories as you, the scientists are out to get us, everyone believing in science is a sheep, and nothing’s as it seems. But I do share your love for And Also the Trees. Super underrated band.
You sound like a caricature of a covidfearsheep. It has nothing to do with conspiracy's, it's sience. And sience only exists with opposed opininons. And most things now have to to with hard numbers which don't lie. You just look at the statistics. It's that simple.

You sound like a caricature of a covidfearsheep. It has nothing to do with conspiracy's, it's sience. And sience only exists with opposed opininons. And most things now have to to with hard numbers which don't lie. You just look at the statistics. It's that simple.
Thanks for continuously proving my point! Be safe and have fun with your QAnon friends.

Thanks for continuously proving my point! Be safe and have fun with your QAnon friends.
It would all be so simple if the world listened to the few people who had the virus completely figured out and were extremely clever about how to deal with it. Strangely, they are carrying boxes at Asda and are not scientists in leading laboratories. Why is that?

It would all be so simple if the world listened to the few people who had the virus completely figured out and were extremely clever about how to deal with it. Strangely, they are carrying boxes at Asda and are not scientists in leading laboratories. Why is that?
Ha! Too true. Formal education is overrated, YouTube and the internet is where the real knowledge is. 😁🙃

Ha! Too true. Formal education is overrated, YouTube and the internet is where the real knowledge is. 😁🙃
"Stop watching the news
Because the news contrives to frighten you
To make you feel small and alone
To make you feel that your mind isn't your own"

Sorry, we had this already...

So, if I were to direct you to a member of the scientific community who contested the government’s approach—you’d defer to their better judgment? Or would you dismiss them and favour the herd?

And if I were to direct you to a humble shelf stacker, who defers to authority in exactly the way you have, would you recognise yourself—or would you argue they’d arrived at the right conclusion through an alternative (lesser?) reasoning to your own?

So, if I were to direct you to a member of the scientific community who contested the government’s approach—you’d defer to their better judgment? Or would you dismiss them and favour the herd?

And if I were to direct you to a humble shelf stacker, who defers to authority in exactly the way you have, would you recognise yourself—or would you argue they’d arrived at the right conclusion through an alternative (lesser?) reasoning to your own?
Please be so good and not base everything on my ASDA example. It would have been better if someone who doesn't work at all had sat at home and recognised the true connections. A classic conspiracy theorist. I think you know what I'm trying to say.

If one “member of the scientific community” contested empirical evidence, I’d probably shrug and think he/she was a bit of a loon, because it doesn’t matter what certain individuals think or say. It’s stuff that has been researched over extensive periods of time, independently by many different scientists and researchers, that counts. That’s science.

We run into too many clients here at the office who start talking about "what it's really like" with the virus. It absolutely annoys me and I don't feel like it any more. I end the conversation after a minute. Often, they are people who are alone, economically, unfortunately also rather with their backs to the wall, open to criticism of the system and full of alternative facts. I think it's as simple as Gregor described it, but apparently too simple for many people on this planet. Artists should be aware of their position in society and Morissey too.

Last edited:
If one “member of the scientific community” contested empirical evidence, I’d probably shrug and think he/she was a bit of a loon, because it doesn’t matter what certain individuals think or say. It’s stuff that has been researched over extensive periods of time, independently by many different scientists and researchers, that counts. That’s science.
Which scientist said that 800,000 people in the UK needed to be sacked to prevent the spread of Covid? Which scientist said that a comprehensive national ID scheme would further ‘herd immunity’? Which scientific data proved a raft of new police powers would help control Covid? And yet all these were the responses of a government apparently ‘deferring to the best science’.

:mad:

so Newton, and Galileo etc were loons.
Too much docility:hammer:

We run into too many clients here at the office who start talking about "what it's really like" with the virus. It absolutely annoys me and I don't feel like it any more. I end the conversation after a minute. Often, they are people who are alone, economically, unfortunately also rather with their backs to the wall, open to criticism of the system and full of alternative facts. I think it's as simple as Gregor described it, but apparently too simple for many people on this planet. Artists should be aware of their position in society and Morissey too.
:rolleyes:

yes you and salsa have everything under control:crazy:
we must be too simple minded to understand stuff
that makes not a single iota of sense.
:hammer:

thing that annoys me is that it is the same scientists they wheel out on a daily basis,edinburgh scientist linda bauld appears on the bbc news channel every saturday morning for five minutes and she got an m b e out of this,another one looks like he would shit himself if he came into contact with a bar of soap,scientists,the new rock stars.testicles to the lot of them.

Clapton isn't anti vax, he has been vaccinated. Anti lockdown completely different.

That's not what Morrissey said though - he seemed to be picking his way fairly carefully (for Morrissey) and he just talked about people not agreeing (his band are all pro-vax, some members of his family are anti-vaxx), that it's not good to not be with people (his mother had a restricted funeral, which must have caused pain) and that rich people aren't sticking to the rules (which is true).
I didn't say that's what he said.

If one “member of the scientific community” contested empirical evidence, I’d probably shrug and think he/she was a bit of a loon, because it doesn’t matter what certain individuals think or say.

@Phranc & Open @Nerak
It’s stuff that has been researched over extensive periods of time, independently by many different scientists and researchers, that counts. That’s science.

Concerning this mRNA vaccine, and it’s long term impact on humans, I don’t think long term studies have been done. We are the trial, and only time will tell, it seems.

From what I’ve read, science has no information with which they can positively say that in the long term/years, you will not develop serious medical issues.

Please correct me if this is wrong, with links. Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom