Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Of those who got infected is the important part there as vaccines still greatly protect against infection
Does it? Vaccinated are not immune to the virus, and in that recent CNN report, the vaccinated are spreading the virus just the same as the unvaccinated.

meaning an unvaccinated crowd is more likely to be infected as well as the much smaller percent of breakthrough cases.

You would think so. But more importantly, both are at risk of infection, there’s no immunity. You’re putting yourself at risk in a crowded event situation. There may
be less risk, but the fully vaccinated have also died from the virus.

If you remove the unvaccinated then there’s a much smaller number of infection and thus spread.

Actually if you remove both vaccinated and unvaccinated then there’s a much smaller number of infection and thus spread. Which is why I’m surprised that events are being allowed to happen at this point in time.

You can say man up if that’s your opinion

No I never said ‘man up’ so, no that’s not my opinion.

but you seemed to be indicating that requiring both was pointless and that’s not true

Maybe ‘pointless’ was not the right word.

But most falsely believe that to be vaccinated means you will then be immune to the virus/death by the virus, and that just isn’t true. Also, I feel that it’s inhumane to demonize and force people into doing something they don’t want to do, in regards to this vaccine and a vaccination status requirement.

I understand what you’re saying, but there’s got to be a better way.

Last edited:
No it’s not.

A vaccination status is pointless.

The vaccinated can stilll spread, catch and die because of the virus.

Only a negative test result will keep everyone attending safe.

Quit spreading malicious misinformation. If you're not vaccinated, then stay home. Protect yourself and others.

No it’s not.

A vaccination status is pointless.

The vaccinated can stilll spread, catch and die because of the virus.

Only a negative test result will keep everyone attending safe.
The vaccinated can still catch and spread the virus, but unless their health is already weak for other reasons, they very rarely die. This is a fact that makes a big difference.
The more people are vaccinated, the less people risk to die.
And for the variants: the more people are vaccinated, the less opportunities has the virus to create variants. This is another fact that makes a big difference.

The vaccinated can still catch and spread the virus, but unless their health is already weak for other reasons, they very rarely die. This is a fact that makes a big difference.

Didn’t say the vaccine does not work at all and I understand how it can be seen as ‘making a big difference’. But the fact is that one can still die even if vaccinated. Even if ‘rarely die’ the fact still remains. The numbers are small, but people had to make up those numbers, human beings that were fully vaccinated have died, should we say their lives and deaths mean nothing and just sweep them and the fact under the rug and forget about it?

As far as I can see, If you have bad health, 50 or older, I would say you may want to take the risk of vaccination rather than the virus itself.

Again let me make clear, I’m not against people getting the vaccine, I’m not against people making their own choices. Though people say it benefits everyone, realistically it’s not going to happen. Most people just don’t like to be told what to do, especially by way of punishment, which is what is happening with these vaccination status requirements to enter events. There’s got to be a better way.

It seems to me the more people are vaccinated and continue to wear masks, etc, the less people are at risk to die.

And for the variants: the more people are vaccinated, the less opportunities has the virus to create variants.

How’s that, if even the fully vaccinated can still be infected by the virus and spread the virus similar to the unvaccinated?

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variant produced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

Last edited:
Didn’t say the vaccine does not work at all and I understand how it can be seen as ‘making a big difference’. But the fact is that one can still die even if vaccinated. Even if ‘rarely die’ the fact still remains. The numbers are small, but people had to make up those numbers, human beings that were fully vaccinated have died, should we say their lives and deaths mean nothing and just sweep them and the fact under the rug and forget about it?

As far as I can see, If you have bad health, 50 or older, I would say you may want to take the risk of vaccination rather than the virus itself.

Again let me make clear, I’m not against people getting the vaccine, I’m not against people making their own choices. Though people say it benefits everyone, realistically it’s not going to happen. Most people just don’t like to be told what to do, especially by way of punishment, which is what is happening with these vaccination status requirements to enter events. There’s got to be a better way.

It seems to me the more people are vaccinated and continue to wear masks, etc, the less people are at risk to die.

How’s that, if even the fully vaccinated can still be infected by the virus and spread the virus similar to the unvaccinated?

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variant produced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

Dear, I am not an expert, I try to inform myself and try to understand the best that I can... Many virologists explain that if almost all the population get vaccinated, then it will be more difficult for the virus to replicate creating new variants. This is what I read recently, it could change tomorrow.

"It seems to me the more people are vaccinated and continue to wear masks, etc, the less people are at risk to die."
On this I totally agree 😉

Dear, I am not an expert, I try to inform myself and try to understand the best that I can...
me too.
Many virologists explain that if almost all the population get vaccinated, then it will be more difficult for the virus to replicate creating new variants. This is what I read recently, it could change tomorrow.
I understand, and that would make sense. And that’s why I posted that recent article that seemed to contradict that. There’s a lot of conflicting information, even main stream news, and yes it’s always changing.
"It seems to me the more people are vaccinated and continue to wear masks, etc, the less people are at risk to die."
On this I totally agree 😉

dmitrio_O
maybe in ukraine maladjusted = ill
but not in english
maybe you should take proper
english lessons so your trolling can acquire 1 iota of sense:hammer:
That’s rich coming from a guy with a vocabulary of ten words.

I’m from a different geopolitical part of the planet, therefore my perspective on vaccines is also quite different from those inhabiting the developed world.

In my country (BR) Covid-19 hit really hard. Total deaths are now more than half a million (566k to be exact). I’ve lost relatives, colleagues and acquaintances to the Coronavirus.

At the beginning of the pandemic our far-right negationist government was very busy calling Covid-19 a hoax, calling those wearing masks pussies, asking people to live normal lives, not equipping hospitals and not acquiring vaccines as soon as they were made available. The result of our president’s ideological views has proved to be catastrophic.

Here, we’ve had to fight for more vaccines. Most of the people want to be vaccinated, whereas in countries where plenty of vaccines were readily made available to the population many citizens refuse to be vaccinated.

Of course we know that anti-Covid-19 vaccines were developed in a rush, for obvious reasons, and they still might need some improvement, but so far vaccination has been proving to be effective. The maths is simple: more vaccinated people, less infections and deaths.

Einstein was right, wasn’t he? A point of view on a certain object depends from where you stand.
Very well said Moz fan !!!!! and first of all wishing you well is the most important thing, and this pandemic affects us all psychically, even deniers, because unconsciously it affects everyone, and the only thing we must To do is vaccinate ourselves, if literally everyone were vaccinated, this whole nightmare would end much faster, the virus would stop mutating and new variants would not appear, it is a long explanation to give here, but there are people who speak in many places and do not have idea of what a cell is, or a virus, and much less RNA, but they still think and even deny things that they ignore ... I don't understand when Morrissey talks about vine, the existence of the virus is a fact and there are vaccines available Although they did not pass all the phases, they are effective because they prevent the progression to serious disease and death and although some vaccines are more effective than others and there were even deaths in vaccinated people, that amount is very low compared to the entire population. nte that he was vaccinated and did not have serious problems. there are many things that I do not understand about this pandemic, politicians suck ... but for now the vaccine is the only thing available, there are no treatments. and for those who say that it is not known what It can happen after getting vaccinated ,,, I also tell them that it is not known what can happen to people who apply botox, this is a toxin, the one produced by the bacteria that cause botulism, and although it is modified, it is still a toxin and the response of the immune system in the future is uncertain, and this depends on the immune system of each person .....

And for the variants: the more people are vaccinated, the less opportunities has the virus to create variants. This is another fact that makes a big difference.
exactly, the problem is in those who do not get vaccinated, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, vaccinate everyone and deaths will decrease drastically until the virus exhausts its ability to vary genetically, vaccines in general prevent severe disease and / or death, which It is a small great detail ...... but there are people who deny, who do not want the pandemic to continue, for all the dire consequences, but do things to keep the pandemic, a contradiction ... There is nothing else except vaccines and this is not over until everyone gets vaccinated,

Quit spreading malicious misinformation. If you're not vaccinated, then stay home. Protect yourself and others.

The best way 99.9% of us can 'protect' ourselves - protect our physical health, our mental health, our economy and our general wellbeing - is go out and lead a normal life.

Regarding your latter point, I think there is significant doubt about that. From what I’m gathering, this virus is now with us indefinitely.

I’m also wondering why there’s a reluctance to share that vaccine protection can be as little as 12 weeks, for elderly people.

I would point out that in the UK, variant detection (from comprehensive testing of airport arrivals) has been all but abandoned—after we were told it was an absolutely vital part of the government’s Covid strategy. What might this mean?

But again perspective is needed, the statistical chance of a healthy adult, in their mid-thirties, dying from Covid is 0.0007% (according to today’s Telegraph).

Very well said Moz fan !!!!! and first of all wishing you well is the most important thing, and this pandemic affects us all psychically, even deniers, because unconsciously it affects everyone, and the only thing we must To do is vaccinate ourselves, if literally everyone were vaccinated, this whole nightmare would end much faster, the virus would stop mutating and new variants would not appear, it is a long explanation to give here, but there are people who speak in many places and do not have idea of what a cell is, or a virus, and much less RNA, but they still think and even deny things that they ignore ... I don't understand when Morrissey talks about vine, the existence of the virus is a fact and there are vaccines available Although they did not pass all the phases, they are effective because they prevent the progression to serious disease and death and although some vaccines are more effective than others and there were even deaths in vaccinated people, that amount is very low compared to the entire population. nte that he was vaccinated and did not have serious problems. there are many things that I do not understand about this pandemic, politicians suck ... but for now the vaccine is the only thing available, there are no treatments. and for those who say that it is not known what It can happen after getting vaccinated ,,, I also tell them that it is not known what can happen to people who apply botox, this is a toxin, the one produced by the bacteria that cause botulism, and although it is modified, it is still a toxin and the response of the immune system in the future is uncertain, and this depends on the immune system of each person .....

Thank you.

I respect your stance on this matter not only because I know you're a doctor, but also because you are South American and understand the big political, social and economical issues peoples of our continent have been going through since we can remember.

But, of course, we also have our eyes set on the global chess game.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom