Morrissey interview in Billboard - new album, police brutality, why music Is 'like a dating service'

Morrissey Talks New Album 'Low In High School,' Police Brutality & Why Music Is 'Like a Dating Service' - Billboard
11/14/2017 by Joe Lynch

On Nov. 17, Morrissey returns with Low In High School. As the cover artwork – which shows a young boy standing in front of Buckingham Palace toting an "axe the monarchy" sign as well as an axe – indicates, the former Smiths frontman hasn't mellowed with age. In fact, Low In High School is one of his most political musical statements in an already outspoken career, tackling everything from blood-for-oil wars to resistance to corporate media over the course of 12 tracks.

Ahead of the release of his 11th studio album (and first since 2013's World Peace Is None of Your Business), Morrissey answered a few questions from Billboard via email about his new record label Etienne, the kid on the cover of his LP and why police brutality is "the worst form of street crime."

41304_morrissey-2017-cr-Samuel-Gehrke-billboard-1548.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just a little input, lots of euopean countries and Brittain had countries they had won or grabbed, by war or money, whatever, from 17/18/19 even 20 and 21 century, when those got independant lots moved to the country who has been ruled theirs.

ta

that's multicultural coutries, jus live, there are always people who give their to blame many issues, I say society starts with your own [ Dutch TV advertisment]

Your "own" are people who become citizens of your country. Just because you were born there doesn't necessarily make you a better, or more important citizen than someone who migrates. In fact, being a natural born citizens is basically a meaningless status. It's a petty tribal fixation.

There are naturally born citizens of my own country that I would love to deport as soon as possible. I'm exploring possible loop-holes as we speak.

Wish me luck.

By the way, where is the "dating service" part (apart from the title, of course)?

"The album is very musically eclectic, from the muscular rock on "My Love I'd Do Anything for You" to the bossa nova of "The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel." In terms of a song's musical style, do you write lyrics with that in mind, or does that decision come after the lyrics are completed?

The situation volunteers itself. It's a bit like a dating agency where two people might seem right for each other, and so it is with music and words."

Also pleased that he seems excited about Etienne and is keen to sign other artists, his music taste has always been eclectic so be interesting to see who is signed if it gets off the ground.

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on The Stage" – have you ever felt like that in your life, or is that pure fiction?

It's factual! I didn't ever feel destined for the clergy, for example.

:tiphat:

just a little input, lots of euopean countries and Brittain had countries they had won or grabbed, by war or money, whatever, from 17/18/19 even 20 and 21 century, when those got independant lots moved to the country who has been ruled theirs.

ta

that's multicultural coutries, jus live, there are always people who give their to blame many issues, I say society starts with your own [ Dutch TV advertisment]

This is not the best translation, the advertisement says that society is every individual in this society and if you want to change society it starts with the individuals, being you

Hi everyone.

Bit of a disappointing interview. Very cagey.

I'm new to posting on these boards and I'm surprised by how many anonymous trolls there are on here. I get it on platforms like Twitter - the trolls there can get a huge amount of attention, which of course is what they're after - but why do they try to rile up a handful of Morrissey geeks? Why do they care enough about our reactions to show up here and post bile. It's very strange. Are they always here?

Hi everyone.

I'm new to posting on these boards and I'm surprised by how many anonymous trolls there are on here. I get it on platforms like Twitter - the trolls there can get a huge amount of attention, which of course is what they're after - but why do they try to rile up a handful of Morrissey geeks? Why do they care enough about our reactions to show up here and post bile. It's very strange. Are they always here?

Oi! I'm not a "Morrissey geek"!

Yes I bloody am!!! :)

I'M A MORRISSEY GEEK! WOOHOOO!!!:ahhh:

As for those trollanons, yep, they come here on a daily basis. There's also a moderatortroll on here that dislikes Morrissey and posts crap now and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone.

they never leave,its their full time job.feel free to post as much as you like.

That reply really isn't helping. Moderator.

Yes, it is.
All those anonymous c***s can hide and lie and be abusive cause they don’t want to stand behind what they are saying. They are dishonest cowards.
They know they are wrong, that’s why they are not a member and can be hold accountable for what they are saying.

I disagree a lot with Uncleskinny as a member but he is right about this and he is not a coward.

Tags
low in high school low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom