Morrissey isn't running for Mayor of London after all - Mirror Online

Current poll votes on Mirror article:

"Would you have voted for Morrissey?"

No: 40%
What difference does it make?: 40%
Yes: 20%

So, if 10 people in a 10 million city voted on this poll (likely) that means 4 for No, 4 for 'whatevs' and 2 for Yay! In case anyone struggles with Maths. Or Math.

For f*** sake. Who really believed that? Days of outrage around here for nothing.

Newest figures:

Would you have voted for Morrissey?
Yes - 38%
No - 31%
What difference does it make? - 31%

I do love the consistently strong ennui numbers. Better than in the U.S. where I am, where the headlines for the presidential election offer a megalomaniac on one side and a criminal on the other.

Last edited:
Bad news Smiths fans - Morrissey isn't running for Mayor of London after all - Mirror Online
BY MIKEY SMITH
The deadline to register as a candidate in the election was today, and the Mozfather's name is nowhere to be seen

Excerpt:

London's army of Smiths fans learned frontman Morrissey has decided not to run for Mayor today, and Heaven Knows they're Miserable Now.

Today was the deadline to submit official papers to be a candidate in May's London Mayoral election, and the Handsome Devil's name was nowhere to be seen.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Daily Mirror - please. Still using the "Heaven knows they're miserable now" line.

Moz has gone (certainly for England anyway) and last night I checked out the lineup for Glastonbury and Reading for this summer and I came to the overwhelming conclusion that it really is all over for music, Adelle headlining Glasto, Foals (who) headlining Reading and others who are just hanging around for the big pay days. I've had a good run with Morrissey gigs, other gigs and festivals over the years - but its now at an end.

Mayor of London, Tour of Asia, Tour of Canada, Spotted in Manchester, Lives in Switzerland with his roomies Jake and Damon, Gay, Hates America (but lives in LA and his latest tour shirt is "Morrissey for President").

You people are so delusional. I guess you people really do live like moles and hobbits in holes and caves kicking around rags made up in a little ball with rubber bands. Anonymous-

Mirror Online poll

attachment.php

Maybe next time...

The Daily Mirror - please. Still using the "Heaven knows they're miserable now" line.

Moz has gone (certainly for England anyway) and last night I checked out the lineup for Glastonbury and Reading for this summer and I came to the overwhelming conclusion that it really is all over for music, Adelle headlining Glasto, Foals (who) headlining Reading and others who are just hanging around for the big pay days. I've had a good run with Morrissey gigs, other gigs and festivals over the years - but its now at an end.

Foals are really quite good. You should check them out since you don't know them. Check out their latest album What Went Down. Or this gem:

Foals are really quite good. You should check them out since you don't know them. Check out their latest album What Went Down. Or this gem:

They dissed Mozza a couple of years back and I've disregarded them since but I'll give them a go as not much else to go for, heard some early stuff and wasn't captured. Regardless of my opinion, are they really of the stature to headline Reading and be second on the bill at Glasto?? I think not.

Give me a break, as if Morrissey would give time and energy getting in the arena with foolish, foppish Boris or good looking Zac. Moz is above such shenanigans. Btw, whoever posted Viktor E. Frankl book recommendation here, I would like to thank you. Out of bad comes good lol. X

They dissed Mozza a couple of years back and I've disregarded them since but I'll give them a go as not much else to go for, heard some early stuff and wasn't captured. Regardless of my opinion, are they really of the stature to headline Reading and be second on the bill at Glasto?? I think not.

You could give some of these bands a try...

Spring King
Savages
Anna Calvi
Courteeners (especially their first album)

All contemporary and all pretty decent.

I've got Courteeners, also Slaves and Eagulls, heard a bit of Savages. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

Link to Spring King on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/springking

Great new(ish) band from Mange-fester.
They released a couple of EPs and a few singles so far, debut album still to be released.
All pretty good songs so far, but give these few a try for starters, see what you think...

They Are Coming After You
In All This Murk And Dirt
Who Are You?
Rectifier

Good to see British journos using a unique line. Heaven knows they make me terribly miserable now. . Yawnnnnnn

Give me a break, as if Morrissey would give time and energy getting in the arena with foolish, foppish Boris or good looking Zac. Moz is above such shenanigans. Btw, whoever posted Viktor E. Frankl book recommendation here, I would like to thank you. Out of bad comes good lol. X
it was meeeeeeeeeeeeee. im just full of good recommendations! isnt it amazing? my favourite book! i've given it to many people over the years. not in a condescending "here you need this" kind of way, but because i just think it's a very beautiful, deeply humanistic book. for a brief moment a while back i wanted to send it to morrissey, and then though "nah, he'll think im an obnoxious nut" and "who does that?" and decided against it. :p

Anyone who's watched Mayoral Question Time on the Parliament channel would have known this was never in the offing and the utter buffoons who thought otherwise were displaying more about the function of their IQ than anything Moz related.
April fool aside, one glance at the job role and the falseness of this from the outset is clear.
Regards,
FWD

Re: Morrissey Declines to run for Lord Mayor Of London 201

For f*** sake. Who really believed that? Days of outrage around here for nothing.

I 4kin second that ! Who in their right mind would believe anything this silly old wrinkly, bald, shit-list, desperado, dried-up, lying, has been, non relevant, charlatan, animal welfare gimmickster, snot nosed junior high ribbing, cheese eating, Guinness drinking, humasexual, CrankFraud says ?

He's full of shit with all the signs of aspergers, ' fame fame fatal fame ' ? Ladies and Gents it's time to face up to the facts, THE PERFORMANCE IS WELL AND TRULY OVER, FINISHED ! A DEAD PARROT !

But ! It's not all doom and gloom ! No ! Just imagine this !
Somewhere up there in the next world saloon of rock history are true decent folk of the music industry laughing their crack ends off at Silly Steve CrankFraud, the boy from the Salford school of hard knocks who shit his sweet corn and ran to Betty's apron strings when faced with two old hillbillies called the Duck Dynasty ! Ian Curtis, Tony Wilson, Joe Moss, Lemmy, David Bowie, Terry Wogan, Viola Beach etc, they're all up there off their tits laughing and downing double CrankFraud's with Diesel chasers !

Cheers guys ! We love you ! We miss you ! Never forget you !

My name is Benny ! I shit in Steven's tea pot.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom