"Morrissey - Live At The Hollywood Bowl" promo DVD sold on eBay

eBay.de auction #270726527548

So, who is the winner and will we ever see another one for sale? Got outbid, as always:tears:

Promo copy of Morrissey Live At The Hollywood Bowl. This was originally meant to be released in 2008, but was cancelled at Morrissey's request

Disc is a fully working DVD copy with full menus and comes in clear CD sized case with no inlays

Disc format is NTSC and will play in regions 2,3,4,5

hollywood_bowl_promo_cover.jpg

hollywood_bowl_promo_menu.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
and will the buyer rip it and let me buy a copy ta.

Running Time: 0 min.

Does this mean that there is nothing on the DVD?

I agree with billybu69 Can I buy a copy of this off the eventual winner?

Holy Crap... me want ! If anyone buys this keep me in mind, i would gladly purchase and .iso

as I wrote earlier, their was a professional taped doc about Morrissey's tour 2000 in south America

South with Morrissey

a few got a promo, the release was at last withdrawn, seen a few sec on this sites, Morrissey
walking on a market, I want to pay good money rather than this gig, with is
like other gigs, on Bootlegs available, and more

don't give a toss about DVD promo from gigs, you got a few original releases
and good bootlegs

Just give us the new songs Morrissey, yer upcoming album hopefully this year

Regarding 'South With Morrissey', whilst SOMEONE must have a copy, the release was withdrawn before any copies were shipped out: I know, because I pre-ordered the bugger and got shite all. It was presumably withdrawn because Morrissey was busy getting another higher-budget documentary together for 'The Importance of Being Morrissey'.

As far as why the 'Hollywood Bowl' DVD was withdrawn, it was down to money. In the words of Morrissey himself: "The slapdash release of Morrissey live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager. Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this dvd will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. thank you, MORRISSEY."

As ever with Morrissey - if he gets paid it's official, if not - it gets labelled crap - regardless of quality.

This is all presumtion - but Ipresume that the gig was filmed as part of a sweetner in a proposed record deal with Warners. The record deal aspect fell through, Warners wanted to earn back their outlay on the concert filming by releasing the DVD, and Morrissey blocked it because he wanted more money.

Presumably Morrissey now wants so much money for the release that Warners don't consider it worthwhile (even having paid for it in the first place). Still, Morrissey got a free promo video for 'Thats How People Grow Up', so I doubt if he's unhappy.

as I wrote earlier, their was a professional taped doc about Morrissey's tour 2000 in south America

South with Morrissey

a few got a promo, the release was at last withdrawn, seen a few sec on this sites, Morrissey
walking on a market, I want to pay good money rather than this gig, with is
like other gigs, on Bootlegs available, and more

don't give a toss about DVD promo from gigs, you got a few original releases
and good bootlegs

Just give us the new songs Morrissey, yer upcoming album hopefully this year

I know two people who have the SWM promo DVD. But they won't give it up..

May God strike down whoever trades in this, the Devil's work.

I know two people who have the SWM promo DVD. But they won't give it up..

yeah our webmaster, and maybe miss Riley, and maybe Stephane. or Beau

but they had to sign not to show it, or make copies , or that it got multiplied
[something that will cost them money and lawyers from Morrissey, but now
it's 11 years on]

Why not show it a few times in LA for fans/ NY, in UK London /Manchester and
Europe, well 8 cities or thereabouts, one get bodyscans on cellphones, or other nerdy things to
copy it, better than another ebay item for 166 BP:crazy:

Well the descicion is by Morrissey:(

Last edited:
Regarding 'South With Morrissey', whilst SOMEONE must have a copy, the release was withdrawn before any copies were shipped out: I know, because I pre-ordered the bugger and got shite all. It was presumably withdrawn because Morrissey was busy getting another higher-budget documentary together for 'The Importance of Being Morrissey'.

As far as why the 'Hollywood Bowl' DVD was withdrawn, it was down to money. In the words of Morrissey himself: "The slapdash release of Morrissey live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager. Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this dvd will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. thank you, MORRISSEY."

As ever with Morrissey - if he gets paid it's official, if not - it gets labelled crap - regardless of quality.

This is all presumtion - but Ipresume that the gig was filmed as part of a sweetner in a proposed record deal with Warners. The record deal aspect fell through, Warners wanted to earn back their outlay on the concert filming by releasing the DVD, and Morrissey blocked it because he wanted more money.

Presumably Morrissey now wants so much money for the release that Warners don't consider it worthwhile (even having paid for it in the first place). Still, Morrissey got a free promo video for 'Thats How People Grow Up', so I doubt if he's unhappy.

more accurately; "per ruling, Mike Joyce is entitled to my Warner earnings. if you buy this, the money will go to him, and we can't have that, now can we?"

There are definitely copies of South With Morrissey out there, i've seen one. It's good but not worth the hype - the best bit for me is when Morrissey and the band recreate the pose from the New York Dolls debut album.

The real gem is the footage recorded at Blackburn for inclusion in the "Importance of Being Morrissey" documentary. I know of only one person with that and its absolutely astonishing

There are definitely copies of South With Morrissey out there, i've seen one. It's good but not worth the hype - the best bit for me is when Morrissey and the band recreate the pose from the New York Dolls debut album.

The real gem is the footage recorded at Blackburn for inclusion in the "Importance of Being Morrissey" documentary. I know of only one person with that and its absolutely astonishing

Ten years old. A lot has happened in the meantime. Rome, Switzerland, new friends, new labels, several tours. The times that I thought it worth dwelling on the Morrissey who once was are over. I remember how fascinated I was with the Morrissey in The Importance of Being Morrissey, but the guy today is not the one who he once was.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom