Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Just had an idea…

Perhaps “Sure enough, the telephone rings” references the first moment he was made aware of his mum’s passing, and the following track “Saint in a stained glass window” is an homage to her? Would be a hugely poignant end to an album; even more so than the final track on IANADOAC.

This may be the theme of the song. Maybe. Kerouac is a tragic figure.

To Granville Jones, Kerouac explained:

“The vision of America is being destroyed now by the beatnik movement which is not the “beat generation” I proposed any more but a big move-in from intellectual dissident wrecks of all kinds and now even anti-American, America-haters of all kinds with placards who call themselves “beatniks.”
Already posted some pages back

I'm late to the game on this one. Such exciting news! I love the song titles. This will be an amazing album, but with all that's he's been through, I think it'll be a dark, heavy one.

The cover is beautiful.

Just had an idea…

Perhaps “Sure enough, the telephone rings” references the first moment he was made aware of his mum’s passing, and the following track “Saint in a stained glass window” is an homage to her? Would be a hugely poignant end to an album; even more so than the final track on IANADOAC.
That was my immediate thought, too.

I've enjoyed Alf's work over the years.

FWD.

Isn't it strange that the worst year of our lives is the year of the Cathar prophecy?

Interesting. I would be interested to hear more Countthree - as I haven’t heard of this.

And this is slightly strange because I was once deeply, deeply engaged with the Cathars before my conversion to Catholicism.

Read many books on the theme. Also visited Montsegur many times, Queribus, Albi, Toulouse etc. (Also Rennes le Chateau, which is largely if not entirely besides the point).

In so many ways, my heart lies in the Pyrenees . . .

But when I began to be shaken to my core by the Catholic Mystery, I lost most of my interest in the Cathars.

Perhaps this prophecy is something that has come to light since my intense Cathar studies or maybe it is another New Agey fabrication?

If so, it wouldn't be the first one. In any event, if you can tell me more, give a source, link etc, I would definitely be interested.

SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS

out of all of them, this one is the most intriguing.

I can't believe Moz has an album supposedly ready to go and no way to release it.

So does he just pay for all the studio time and musicians' fees himself without an eye towards how the end products might be distributed? It's not like he has a Peter Gabriel-esque or Springsteen-like set-up with his own personal studio.
Firstly, the guy is a millionaire - a couple of week's studio time is chump change to him.

It's also not the first time he's done this. According to the credits for both 'Years of Refusal' and 'World Peace' they state that the sound recordings themselves are owned by Morrissey, who then licensed the recordings to Decca and Harvest respectively. This would indicate that the actual album sessions were paid for out of Morrissey's own pocket upfront ahead of any record deal (though it may have been that he already had licensing plans in place). We also know that he's independently paid for various demo recordings throughout his career to shop to labels, so this isn't entirely uncharted territory.

Looking at the positive side, I do believe that - having paid for the studio recording already - it makes it much more likely that these will be released in some form, rather than hidden away forever. Even if he can't get a major label deal, maybe this time he'll be happy to go back with Rough Trade or some other minor. Worst case scenario, Sam puts them up on youtube for free in 5 years time, but I believe we'll hear them eventually.

Considering how good the last one was....i'm excited. Apart from the cover course. That could have been designed by a 5 yr old.
It's weird because I didn't like the dog sleeve at first but have grown to like it. This one seems even more slap dash than dog was.

Yes but you know what they're saying though right? Morrissey having final say n' all.

He said he didn't even see Low In High School's cover before it was signed off.

Lost heart for some reason.

0609 hrs in the UK
Finan switches on his PC and first thing he does is search for news on an artist he (claims) to despise.
Every artist says their latest is their best.

Go back to your ad hominen car stickers you pretend pseud prick,
ESAAAaaa bien dicho!!!!!!!

Interesting. I would be interested to hear more Countthree - as I haven’t heard of this.

And this is slightly strange because I was once deeply, deeply engaged with the Cathars before my conversion to Catholicism.

Read many books on the theme. Also visited Montsegur many times, Queribus, Albi, Toulouse etc. (Also Rennes le Chateau, which is largely if not entirely besides the point).

In so many ways, my heart lies in the Pyrenees . . .

But when I began to be shaken to my core by the Catholic Mystery, I lost most of my interest in the Cathars.

Perhaps this prophecy is something that has come to light since my intense Cathar studies or maybe it is another New Agey fabrication?

If so, it wouldn't be the first one. In any event, if you can tell me more, give a source, link etc, I would definitely be interested.
Answering your question, despite I'm not engaged with nothing in particular (cathars or catholics), I've read that in August 1321 the last cathar parfait, Guillaume Belibaste, was burned at the stake by the inquisition. He made a prophecy before he died. He said that in 700 years the laurel would become green again and that good people will return. They were called the good people in those times and the laurel was considered a symbol of pure love. Well, here we are: 2021. Another prophecy to add to the list. At least this is a good one.

Answering your question, despite I'm not engaged with nothing in particular (cathars or catholics), I've read that in August 1321 the last cathar parfait, Guillaume Belibaste, was burned at the stake by the inquisition. He made a prophecy before he died. He said that in 700 years the laurel would become green again and that good people will return. They were called the good people in those times and the laurel was considered a symbol of pure love. Well, here we are: 2021. Another prophecy to add to the list. At least this is a good one.
oh dear

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom