Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Really like this, hope it will feature on the bonus tracks of Bonfire of Teenagers

I only wish 2 things for the Bonfire album:
1. Please, no 7 boring minutes songs like "The secret of Music", which would be okay if it didn't last more than 4 minutes. (But if they were 7 fantastic minutes like "Southpaw", then it would be okay!).
2. No lazy and repetitive lyrics like "Love is on its way out". I'm sure a poet can do better than that. Even I could do better than that.

Please don't doubt my love for Morrissey ;)

Last edited:
Did someone already mention this, or maybe I dreamt it - I either agree or think that "I Am Veronica" is about a cow - probably a cow imprisoned for her "dairy products". Maybe the song is sort of in the "Je suis Veronica" style? Or I'm just completely wrong as usual. It's still fun trying to guess what kind of song those really interesting song titles stand for. I'm also really excited about this album!
Veronica Lake, maybe?

Veronica Lake, maybe?
Yeah, that makes more sense - I don't know what I was thinking! I didn't know much about her, so looked her up and found her pretty interesting. Maybe Morrissey thinks the same? I'm going to read her autobiography. Anyway, hope it won't be too long before the mysteries of all the titles will be revealed!

what is with these stupid album titles? bonfire of teenagers, i am not a dog on a chain, low in high school. these are not cool album names.
I agree. I also must make the following connection. With the exception of not hearing the new album the previous last 3 albums with uncool titles, musically just were not up to typical Moz standards.

I feel like the unreleased demo of Blue dreamers eyes not only was more moving than anything on the previous three albums but it also just had that certain something that always sucked me into his music. Sadly for reasons unbeknownst to me the last three albums just didn’t do it for me.

Moz has made zero effort to rehabilitate his reputation. Just effing defend your right to believe what you wish- left or right. While not quite Trumpian his stupid quadrupling down on the same loser strategy of martyr mythologizing and lack of self awareness is post-annoying at this moment. What's next? He gong to complain he's been canceled? Why would any major label want to release an album on him considering the performance of his previous one? It didn't even chart in the biggest market on the globe. Smaller labels would murder for the chance though. I remain a fan and am eagerly anticipating getting to hear this thing but my young life of Moz fandom is at it's nadir right now.

The art cover is terrible, despite using a Morrissey photo.
I hope he gets a record deal and we can get his new album. with some luck a better cover!
Morrissey-–-Bonfire-Of-Teenagers-artwork.jpg

Moz has made zero effort to rehabilitate his reputation. Just effing defend your right to believe what you wish- left or right. While not quite Trumpian his stupid quadrupling down on the same loser strategy of martyr mythologizing and lack of self awareness is post-annoying at this moment. What's next? He gong to complain he's been canceled? Why would any major label want to release an album on him considering the performance of his previous one? It didn't even chart in the biggest market on the globe. Smaller labels would murder for the chance though. I remain a fan and am eagerly anticipating getting to hear this thing but my young life of Moz fandom is at it's nadir right now.
Rehabilitate what? What crime has he committed, other than your version of a thought crime because you do not agree with his opinions, go woke somewhere else, better yet, cancel yourself.

The art cover is terrible, despite using a Morrissey photo.
I hope he gets a record deal and we can get his new album. with some luck a better cover!
View attachment 73038
Agree, however it’s the songs that matter. I am hoping the music will carry the artwork, I also feel Morrissey is nonchalant about album covers these days

Rehabilitate what? What crime has he committed, other than your version of a thought crime because you do not agree with his opinions, go woke somewhere else, better yet, cancel yourself.
Serious lack of reading comprehension. I'm actually a Moz apologist but for simple folk like yourself? Over your head.

I'm not a graphic designer, but the gothic font of the title is absolutely terrible. Otherwise the cover just looks like somebody did it during the lunch hour, but that title font takes the plunge towards inexcusable.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom