Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Not sure. Prince continued to record mterial that no record company was releasing at the time. Some of it is seeing the daylight now.

Yes, and lets hope we don’t have to wait until Morrissey passing away first.
Didn’t realise that about Prince. I think the real tease with Bonfire has been the full track list and cover art reveal. It feels so close, yet so far away!

Didn’t realise that about Prince. I think the real tease with Bonfire has been the full track list and cover art reveal. It feels so close, yet so far away!
I wouldn’t be surprised if we had to wait a very long time for an official release.
In the meantime he may well think about the horrendous art work

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had to wait a very long time for an official release.
In the meantime he may well think about the horrendous art work
The A$AP album is due soon, I expect the commercial potential of Bonfire will be much clearer after that release—things will probably move fairly quickly after.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ASAP album is due soon, I expect the commercial potential of Bonfire will be much clearer after that release—things will probably move fairly quickly after.
Just hope you are correct 🙄
Nothing more frustrating knowing there is a Moz album ready to go, but no company willing to back it .

Remember world peace?
That just seemed to drag forever for a record company to get involved.

Nothing more frustrating knowing there is a Moz album ready to go, but no company willing to back it .

Remember world peace?
Let’s hope this one is worth the wait, too.

The A$AP album is due soon, I expect the commercial potential of Bonfire will be much clearer after that release—things will probably move fairly quickly after.
The A$AP collab is a refreshing development and maybe suggests that Morrissey is not quite persona non grata in every corner of the music industry…let’s hope it is a cracker.

The A$AP collab is a refreshing development and maybe suggests that Morrissey is not quite persona non grata in every corner of the music industry…let’s hope it is a cracker.

Can't wait to hear Moz crooning over a track like this one! I think it will be really funny.

Hip hop albums have the habit of featuring dozens of guest artists. I just googled that the last ASAP Rocky Album Testing (2018) had at least Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi, Skepta, French Montana, Kodak Black, Dev Hynes, Moby, T. I, Kid Cudi and FKA Twigs on it. Some are big names, some are not. If the Morrissey collab is on the album, it'll raise some eyebrows but most likely it's just one guest spot among many. Anyone expecting it to be a game changer will be disappointed.

Hip hop albums have the habit of featuring dozens of guest artists. I just googled that the last ASAP Rocky Album Testing (2018) had at least Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi, Skepta, French Montana, Kodak Black, Dev Hynes, Moby, T. I, Kid Cudi and FKA Twigs on it. Some are big names, some are not. If the Morrissey collab is on the album, it'll raise some eyebrows but most likely it's just one guest spot among many. Anyone expecting it to be a game changer will be disappointed.

good or bad, putting Morrissey in this context, will be at least, interesting, which is not something that can be said about other artists, I mean, musical acts.

Regarding being a ‘game changer’?
I don’t think it’s their intention or belief that they’ll change the world with this collaboration.

Can't wait to hear Moz crooning over a track like this one! I think it will be really funny.

wouldn’t mind at all. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if ASAP Rocky chose a piece of music that he felt was appropriate for Morrissey’s style or he may have presented Morrissey with a few backing tracks to chose from and maybe even say on the final mix. Either way, I’m definitely curious.

The ASAP album is due soon, I expect the commercial potential of Bonfire will be much clearer after that release—things will probably move fairly quickly after.

Remember world peace?
wouldn’t mind at all. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if ASAP Rocky chose a piece of music that he felt was appropriate for Morrissey’s style or he may have presented Morrissey with a few backing tracks to chose from and maybe even say on the final mix. Either way, I’m definitely curious.
this will be my least favourite morrissey event ever...

Totally, Totally 4king hate hip- hop with every drop of coors in my body.

Even stuff from the 90’s, Baz? I defy you to listen to “You’re Nobody Til Somebody Kills You” by The Notorious B.I.G. or “I Ain’t Mad At’cha” by 2Pac and feel nothing but impressed. The hiphop of today is diarrhea water compared to the 90s stuff.

Even stuff from the 90’s, Baz? I defy you to listen to “You’re Nobody Til Somebody Kills You” by The Notorious B.I.G. or “I Ain’t Mad At’cha” by 2Pac and feel nothing but impressed. The hiphop of today is diarrhea water compared to the 90s stuff.
Well, most of the commercial trap stuff is pretty shit, but’s there been so many great projects in this year alone.

Take UK MC Little Simz, whose past two albums have been excellent, alternating between grime bombast and orchestral rapture. Her latest LP is in my top 10 of this year: check out the title track.

Plus, there’s experimental group Injury Reserve, who mixed jagged post and pre punk samples (Eno, the Fall, Black Midi) in a thought-provoking and devastating collection of songs on their epitaph for member Groggs on By the Time I Get To Phoenix, another of my favourite albums of this year. Check out “Knees”:

Even Kanye’s album this year, though definitely flawed in a lot of areas, had some compassionate and great cuts off it, like the poignant and beautiful “Come To Life”:

And let’s not forget the late, great MF DOOM (all caps when you spell the man name, remember), who passed away last year. His stunning discography included one of the best (if not THE best) hip-hop albums of all time: his collaboration with equally excellent producer Madlib, Madvillainy. Below is “Strange Ways”, which cleverly samples Gentle Giant:

Ya gotta give Rocky credit for gettin' Moz
to do a track with'em.
He's been a fan of Moz for a while now, so
I'm pretty sure he wants it to be somethin'
special.

Remember world peace?

this will be my least favourite morrissey event ever...

You loved it in 1990, when you were listening to this in The Sportsman. Admit it.

Anybody here have knowledge of ASAP's discography and can recommend some songs that might appeal to morrissey fans?
I dabble in rap once in a blue moon, and there are a few artists I like, but I struggled to find anything I could appreciate with ASAP...

Anybody here have knowledge of ASAP's discography and can recommend some songs that might appeal to morrissey fans?
I dabble in rap once in a blue moon, and there are a few artists I like, but I struggled to find anything I could appreciate with ASAP...

I read (on here) that he’s producing at least one of the tracks—so the level of collaboration isn’t superficial. Interesting that Moby has been involved with A$AP too, as I know Morrissey wanted him to produce some years back: as a trio, that would be quite a vegetarian festival line-up.

Can cope with 2 pac and 50 cent...

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom