Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

I did not know that. I always thought that he was simply over-exposed. I did not know that people actually tune in to listen to what he has to say. To tell the truth though, I do not know anyone that listens to him except for this racist jackass fireman that I unfortunately have to associate with at certain functions. He fits the bill on that one though.... outside of that, I do not know anyone that I come into contact with even mention his name let alone listen to him.

By May 2008, it had reached over 280 terrestrial stations as well as XM Satellite. It was ranked 4th in the nation with over six and a half million listeners. Glenn Beck is number three in the ratings behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity

By May 2008, it had reached over 280 terrestrial stations as well as XM Satellite. It was ranked 4th in the nation with over six and a half million listeners. Glenn Beck is number three in the ratings behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity

Americans:you have a political "commentator" shithead, followed by millions of your fellow Americans, who described the tragically slain teenagers as being akin to the Hitler Youth. A far worse insult and lack of compassion and sensitivity than anything Morrissey said in Warsaw or in his statement.

That was 2008. Glenn Beck's ratings went down and continue to go down as the shit that comes out of his mouth become more crazy and insensitive over the last couple years (much Like Morrissey's mouth and fanbase). Anyways, people all over the world took offense to what Glenn said, and some are actively trying to get him off the radio waves (petitions and boycott sponsor campaigns already got him of Fox News). So what is your point The Harsh Truth? Should we start a similar campaign against Morrissey? Thanks for bringing up the comparison between Morrissey and Glenn Beck...

Last edited:
The amount of attention Morrissey attracts for making comments like this is quite interesting but also quite odd. The public obsession of celebrity and the like is represented by this mass ruffle caused by simply a singer with an opinion that isn't wrong. It's distasteful, if his aim was to use the massacre to garner attention, however, what he said was not wrong. This is really dependant on how much you value animals. For most humans they're happy for death like that to occur.

The massacre is another example of how death is dealt with more seriously if it's in people's realities. 20k people dying every day from a simple lack of food is taken almost completely for granted, as something that just happens. I don't see anybody falling over themselves with flowers and memorials for those people but because people in a nice, wealthy country where death such as this is unusual, it's put into our realities much more and Norwegian people throw tears about everywhere as the people who died just happened to be within their country, marked out with imaginary, man-made border. And of course, the way the people died is a nice novelty for the media and then go mental making the murderer a celebrity.

I'm a huge fan of Morrissey's music, but I think he made a BIG mistake here.

What Morrissey said may have been technically right, millions of animals being slaughtered each day is an horrific thing to an animal lover, but the timing was at best naive and at worst crassly insensitive and offensive. If it was a slip of the tongue then the "statement" released since doesn't really correct or amend anything, which it was surly trying to achieve. A person with basic common sense knows when to comment on a time of grieving relatives.

Witch hunt?

Is this a modern-day witch hunt? Surely everyone knows Morrissey was not speaking in favour of the Norway shootings.

Re: Witch hunt?

Moz is turning into a sad old Diva.:crazy:

I really don't understand why anyone is surprised by this latest outburst. This is the man who said the meat industry was comparable to child abuse, to the Holocaust, for God's sake. He is no stranger to insanely offensive remarks when it come to his animal rights obsession.

I wasn't surprised he said what he said. It's what he thinks and we know it...I was hoping that this time, for once in his life, he would keep the bigmouth shut in the name of his well known love for people in Scandinavia...he didn't.

YOU SAY LIKE IF Morrissey is killer, really You do not care about the victims, you only to criticize to Morrissey , MORRISSEY is sincere and honest .AND HE should not carry the world on his shoulders,
I feel shame about Europe in the 21st century and racist and fascist? in fact they become famous murderers, I wonder like Morrissey , when began Dehumanization ?

I really don't understand why anyone is surprised by this latest outburst. This is the man who said the meat industry was comparable to child abuse, to the Holocaust, for God's sake. He is no stranger to insanely offensive remarks when it come to his animal rights obsession.

Completely agree.
I don't know why anyone is making a fuss over this at all! He's said worse. Enough said.

Who gives a shit about Glenn Beck. He get's his share of ridicule, being called out and opposition. This thread is about Morrissey's using a terrorist's actions to push his animal rights activism. He's so caught up in his bubble that he doesn't get just how insensitive and wrong he was to use this tragedy for his own political purposes. Those poor kids lives are worth far more than a bucket of KFC chicken or a Big Mac.

f***ing and pussy and cocks make the world go round, it's what got each of us here. If you think otherwise or if loud shameless vocal celebration of such things disgusts you, then you need to grow up and stop being such a f***ing prude. Did he shout it at kids on a playground? No. It was at a rock concert, filled with other adults. Get over it.

What doesn't make the world go round is the insensitive, moronic, borderline psychotic statement about Norway issued by Morrissey. The guy is a f***ing douchebag...an aging, bitter, loony f***. That's all there is to it. The loneliness and sensitivity that once made him artistic and interesting has now degenerated and morphed him into some kind of gay Grinch.

f*** him. If his precious mommy had been in the Norway shooting, I'm sure his pussy ass would be singing a different tune. But since to him it's just statistics who died in an eye-catching headline, he seizes the opportunity to turn it into a PETA propaganda blurb so he stays in the music press rather than be forgotten, which is what WOULD happen to him based simply on his shitty new songs.

The guy is a total shit head. I renounce him.

Distressingly, your response there felt like it made sense when I read it. Good instincts. But I still disagree with your final conclusion. In the end, whatever infuriating comments he makes won't change what he is and what he has produced.

But he seriously does need to get off the PETA horse a bit. He's always said outrageous things, but he is getting monomanical - worse, he is getting monomanical as well as fanatical on an issue which has zero resonance with the great majority of people, and I daresay, little enough even among a considerable majority of his fans. It is beginning to smack of an unattractive sort of zealousness, and it says nothing to me about my life. When, on top of that, you get such embarassingly feeble comments on something like this, you end up just sadly disappointed. Not angry, disappointed. This is the man who wrote "Suffer Little Children", who ostensibly was marked for liife by the tragedy of the moor murders and managed to handle that lyrically with astounding grace, insight and sharpness. I do not believe I have seen any piece of writing on the impact of a haunting and catastrophic crime that could equal this lyric. How can such a man be so completely oblivious to the similar, no, worse, experience Norwegian kids now have, and not least to the extreme collective impact such events have on a society? Or is he now so consumed by the animal rights issue that he just doesn't care? If so, he is no longer the same man.

Again, it's just disappointing.

Last edited:
The irony is that a large reason for Anders Breivik's attack was his ill contempt for cultural Marxism aka political correctness and the subsequent feelings of lost hope and disenchantment with the democratic system. Here we see Morrissey making a harmless comment and being attacked heavily by the brainwashed masses who have been indoctrinated into believing that animals aren't worth caring about while humans who they've never met in their life are of the utmost significance and must be mourned.

It's time for people to wake up. If someone says something you don't like, don't hide behind political correctness for defense. Morrissey's comments are in no way disrespectful for the dead. I recall at Live Aid when Bob Dylan made a comment a bout how he wished some of the money being sent to impoverished Africans would instead be sent to American farmers who at the time were suffering considerably. Does that make Bob Dylan Adolf Hitler? According to the cultural Marxists it does. To anyone with intelligence and the capability of free thought, I think we can discern the true message and not have the controlled reaction that the media wants us to.

"Cultural Marxism"? Man, you're using Anders Breivik's terminology here. Who the f*** are these "cultural marxists"? They do not exist - they are an ideological construct people like you insert between yourself and reality so that you don't have to deal with actual people and actual opinions. You're one talk about "brainwashed masses". "Intelligence and free thought"? Don't make me laugh. Someone who knows those things as something other than objects admired from a distance don't resort to such obviously crude ideological constructs, nor do they take refuge in paranoic bullshit whose function it is to insulate core beliefs against any outside correction. Your above post is full of it. You argue like an ideologist, and it is a rather ridiculous pose to attempt to come across as the free thinker.

ABB did not murder nearly a hundred people because he was sadly let down by a failed democracy run by "cultural marxists". He did it because he's a deranged loser who had buried himself so completely in ideological constructs divorced from reality that doing so actually made sense to him. He did it, in short, because he was too stupid to see concepts like "cultural marxists" for what they are. He genuinely believed that the world consisted of cultural marxists hell-bent on selling out to the muslims, and nationalists determined to protect "european culture" (the actual content of which seems to have been curiously uninteresting to him). Nothing in between. Hence, not really any actual people. Boom.

Perhaps you better draw some lessons from this. It wouldn't hurt.

"Cultural Marxism"? Man, you're using Anders Breivik's terminology here. Who the f*** are these "cultural marxists"? They do not exist - they are an ideological construct people like you insert between yourself and reality so that you don't have to deal with actual people and actual opinions. You're one talk about "brainwashed masses". "Intelligence and free thought"? Don't make me laugh. Someone who knows those things as something other than objects admired from a distance don't resort to such obviously crude ideological constructs, nor do they take refuge in paranoic bullshit whose function it is to insulate core beliefs against any outside correction. Your above post is full of it. You argue like an ideologist, and it is a rather ridiculous pose to attempt to come across as the free thinker.

ABB did not murder nearly a hundred people because he was sadly let down by a failed democracy run by "cultural marxists". He did it because he's a deranged loser who had buried himself so completely in ideological constructs divorced from reality that doing so actually made sense to him. He did it, in short, because he was too stupid to see concepts like "cultural marxists" for what they are. He genuinely believed that the world consisted of cultural marxists hell-bent on selling out to the muslims, and nationalists determined to protect "european culture" (the actual content of which seems to have been curiously uninteresting to him). Nothing in between. Hence, not really any actual people. Boom.

Absolutely f***ing beautiful. :)

The thing that gets me, is that people are making Moz out to be some potty pop star who is alone with these views. Yet his thoughts are quite in keeping with certain vegetarian philosophies and Buddhist thought.
I agree with him, on this.

Last edited:

I agree, well said

I'm not sure your comparison really succeeds in hitting a soft spot. It is scarcely more than human that most people find it easier to defend a controversial statement made to promote a favored cause than a controversial statement made to promote one they strongly disagree with. Indeed, why wouldn't they? it is entriely logical and reasonable to do so. In the one case you must weigh the offensive nature of the statement against the justness of the intention, in the other the offensive form of the statement merely adds insult to the injury of the cause itself. Only a fool would not be more provoked by the latter than by the former. Wouldn't you have been less upset if, for instance, he had reflected sadly that the Utøya tragedy was nothing compared to the 4,000 children who die daily of diarrhea but who don't get the same atttention? Or more upset if he'd said that the killings were nothing compared to the ongoing scandal of Emerson, Lake and Palmer not being inducted into the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame? Well, apart from having to assume that the latter would be a joke.

Last edited:
Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom