Morrissey postpones 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) due to illness; new date Mar. 29, 2015

Re: Morrissey cancels 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) - march 10, 2015

Most definitely, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always found that Sudaphed, Advil, and a Johnny Walker or 3 makes one easily forget about a Sneezy Flu for 90 minutes.

Although I probably shouldn't, having a beer usually helps when I have a cough. trouble is maintaining that!

New date: 29 March

No beer is very bad for the voice (i know last night...) go outside cycling no not in the city and drink citrus Jenever( at the same time)

Put your feet up 'til Friday laddie.

Hmmm..takes me longer than 72 hours to shift flu (or a cold..what's the difference?). Methinks the next three days will be fraught, but at least the Dutch date is rescheduled. Get well Mozzer, we've all been looking forward to your presence.

Hmmm..takes me longer than 72 hours to shift flu (or a cold..what's the difference?). Methinks the next three days will be fraught, but at least the Dutch date is rescheduled. Get well Mozzer, we've all been looking forward to your presence.

I tend to just tough it out but then my job doesn't rely on me talking to anyone let alone singing for an hour and a half.

I don't normally jump on the pessimistic bandwagon, but he will have travelled from Leeds up to Scotland and back down to Birmingham and then go back to play a rescheduled gig a day and a bit later.
Hmmm... Keep all the tour equipment in the UK or divert it all somewhere for one gig... A giant leap of faith even by Moz standards.
Here's hoping,
FWD

Venue and Moz crew had already set up the stage and there was a lengthy queue. Why so last minute?

So sorry to hear this news. Dear Moz please take care of yourself
and get well soon. Don't push yourself too hard.
I think the LA weather suits you better.

I hope hes alright i dont think i could handle it if something happend to him

So sorry to hear this news. Dear Moz please take care of yourself
and get well soon. Don't push yourself too hard.
I think the LA weather suits you better.

He's been out of LA for what, a few days? He probably was feeling sick before he got on the plane.

If he is really sick ( he's lied about this before- see the Kristeen and Solomon incidents), maybe he needs to reevaluate his lifestyle. Constantly flying and living in hotels when he's not even touring is hell on a good immune system, never mind a compromised one of a nearly 56-year old. If he wants to be touring most of the year he needs to have a healthier lifestyle. Planes and hotels are super germy and constant jet lag isnt good either.

I hope hes alright i dont think i could handle it if something happend to him

Slight over reaction, I'm guessing u don't have kids or anything in your life to worry avuncular, except maybe a cat?

Has he cancelled a rescheduled gig before?

Has he ever cancelled a re-rescheduled gig (i.e., three times)?

Yes. Chicago Theatre on 10/27/12, 1/26/13, and 3/23/13. The first time was due to his mother's illness, I believe.

He then cancelled the Civic Opera gig last June. I figured four postponements/cancellations straight within 18 months is the universe telling me to stop buying tickets. But I've seen a bakers dozen so I got more than most.

Yes. Chicago Theatre on 10/27/12, 1/26/13, and 3/23/13. The first time was due to his mother's illness, I believe.

He then cancelled the Civic Opera gig last June. I figured four postponements/cancellations straight within 18 months is the universe telling me to stop buying tickets. But I've seen a bakers dozen so I got more than most.

Chicago gigs as usually pretty good too. I've seen three there over the years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom