Morrissey postpones 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) due to illness; new date Mar. 29, 2015

Re: Morrissey cancels 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) - march 10, 2015

Hmmm..takes me longer than 72 hours to shift flu (or a cold..what's the difference?). Methinks the next three days will be fraught, but at least the Dutch date is rescheduled. Get well Mozzer, we've all been looking forward to your presence.

I'm spent at my age when the flu hits me. 2-3 days of being immovable, making it a total of 4-5 days until I can function at optimum capacity again. Can't imagine how much it knocks poor Moz on his ass. 5 full days, maybe?

Speculation and conjecture is completely pointless. That's why I'm waiting for the *authoritative* insight on Morrissey's health from Dr Barleycunt, Dr Benny or Dr Bummie.

Well it can't be blamed on Kristeen Young this time so which one of you lot at the front last night infected him ? Come on put the house lights on let's see which one of you is sneezing. You think your so clever going to a McMorrissey performance with no consideration for Sicknote Steve or his performing monkeys.

Or is it a case of venues looking empty ? Who knows the boy has cried wolf so many times hasn't he ? Even the official statement reads as though no-one will believe it again.

It's not like he's got really bad morning sickness is it ? Christ almighty I'm sure Kate Middleton would just chin up and get on with it for just over an hour.
It must down to poor figures.

Get well "again" Sicknote Steve.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

So sorry to hear this news. Dear Moz please take care of yourself
and get well soon. Don't push yourself too hard.
I think the LA weather suits you better.

"Don't push yourself too hard" ? He only did one night how much less than that can he do ?

"Don't push yourself too hard" ? He only did one night how much less than that can he do ?

What would he do if he had to wake up and go to work every day then fend for himself without a personal assistant? Suck it up and get your ass on stage. You had two days off after tonight's show and there were kids sleeping on the sidewalk to get in the venue.

Does he even care?

Shit. I hope he's back up to 100% asap. I don't want him to be ill and it kills me that he is. I'm supposedly seeing him on Friday and I would rather he rescheduled than put himself at risk. I love him to bits and I hope he knows that all of his true fans would rather he be well and happy than putting himself at risk. The silly buggars that complain about him being ill and standing up for what he believes in need to take a step back and concentrate on creating something nearly 100th of a fraction as good. Even the good people of the world struggle to do that e.i. Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher ect. The man deservers some respect .
Katherine xx

- - - Updated - - -

Shit. I hope he's back up to 100% asap. I don't want him to be ill and it kills me that he is. I'm supposedly seeing him on Friday and I would rather he rescheduled than put himself at risk. I love him to bits and I hope he knows that all of his true fans would rather he be well and happy than putting himself at risk. The silly buggars that complain about him being ill and standing up for what he believes in need to take a step back and concentrate on creating something nearly 100th of a fraction as good. Even the good people of the world struggle to do that e.i. Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher ect. The man deservers some respect .
Katherine xx

And I must add that those two examples did stuff 3/4ths as good. Therefore they also deserve as much respect.

Well it can't be blamed on Kristeen Young this time so which one of you lot at the front last night infected him ? Come on put the house lights on let's see which one of you is sneezing. You think your so clever going to a McMorrissey performance with no consideration for Sicknote Steve or his performing monkeys.

Or is it a case of venues looking empty ? Who knows the boy has cried wolf so many times hasn't he ? Even the official statement reads as though no-one will believe it again.

It's not like he's got really bad morning sickness is it ? Christ almighty I'm sure Kate Middleton would just chin up and get on with it for just over an hour.
It must down to poor figures.

Get well "again" Sicknote Steve.

With Kate marrying William The Combover for money she's obviously the kind of common slag that will tough anything out if the pay is right. Mind, if your talent is whoring yourself around like Victoria Beckham then getting the sicks or the squits isn't going to hinder your performance.

Patent drunkenness. Kicks the tour off then heads out on a spree: too hungover to perform the next day.

He's incapacitated far too often on the road for it to be a virus every time.

Patent drunkenness. Kicks the tour off then heads out on a spree: too hungover to perform the next day.

This is a very likely scenario, as much as people do not want to admit it.

I still think this is what happened in Boston and they sent him off to dry out for the summer.

I'm feeling so bad for Moz's new number one fan Trinity right now who flew all the way from California for these shows.. Stay strong girl.

The bandaid on the finger- is he sick and having his blood drawn frequently?

What would he do if he had to wake up and go to work every day then fend for himself without a personal assistant? Suck it up and get your ass on stage. You had two days off after tonight's show and there were kids sleeping on the sidewalk to get in the venue.

Does he even care?

Some people have completely forgotten that there wasn't just the whole cancer scare which the media dutifully picked up. There was also the mention of CFS. And although we certainly can't be sure that Moz suffers from it there is still the possibility. My boyfriend suffers from it, so I was quite angry that the media didn't picked it up as the aforementioned cancer because this is a quite common reaction from the public which is sad because in serious cases it's as bad as cancer. And to respond to the dumbass above: If Moz suffers it and had to wake up every morning and go to work he wouldn't be able to. First my boyfriend had to change into an office job, then had to reduce the work further and further and now he can't work at all. And he would be lost without me and other people who support him. So, in a sense, I am like a personal assistant.

Symptoms of ME/CFS

The main feature of ME/CFS is a type of exhaustion known as post-exertional malaise, ‘crash’ or ‘payback’.

Research shows that people with ME/CFS have a different physiological response to activity or exercise from other people. This includes abnormal exhaustion after any form of exertion, and a worsening of other symptoms. The response may be delayed, perhaps after 24 hours. Depending on the amount and type of exertion, it may result in post-exertional malaise for a few days, or serious relapses lasting weeks, months or even years.

People with ME/CFS find that activities they once took for granted take an enormous toll on their health. For example, a short stroll, coffee with a friend, getting their child ready for school or catching the train to work, which caused no fatigue before, is followed by unusual tiredness that takes longer than usual to go away.

Because ME/CFS is a very complex, multi-system, chronic illness, many other symptoms will occur and must be present for diagnosis. These include:

neuro-cognitive problems (new difficulties in thinking, concentrating, memory loss, vision, clumsiness, muscle twitching or tingling)
disrupted sleep
pain or aches in the muscles, joints or head
a drop in blood pressure, feeling dizzy or pale
palpitations, increased heart rate or shortness of breath with exertion or on standing
allergies or sensitivities to light, smells, touch, sound, foods, chemicals and medications
gastrointestinal changes such as nausea, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea
urinary problems
sore throat, tender lymph nodes and a flu-like feeling
marked weight change – extreme loss or gain
inability to cope with temperature changes.

A person’s symptoms will fluctuate over short periods of time, even from hour to hour.

For further information http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/chronic_fatigue_syndrome

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom