Morrissey signed with the William Morris Endeavor talent agency

Signing to a talent agency? Isn't that what up and commers do? People who are trying to get their foot in the door?

Maybe he's not satisfied with being a living legend, a British icon, and the inspiration to almost every band that followed...
I dunno, I mean, the talent agency can only do so much without the cooperation of the artist. I'm wondering what sorts of things they'll ask of him and if he'll do them.

This is absolutely not true. And SO LOW strikes again.

Further proof that if it does not come from True To You, it ain't true.

"An anonymous person writes...". Oh well, it must be true then! :rolleyes:

This is often a point of confusion on the main board, but when a news item says "An anonymous person writes" it doesn't necessarily mean they're anonymous to David T, just that they wish to remain anonymous/uncredited for the news item. It doesn't mean the veracity can't be questioned of course but I don't think David recieves truly Anon. messages and posts them. Credit should probably read "A person who wishes to remain..." though - would clear away some of the trolls.

"An anonymous person writes...". Oh well, it must be true then! :rolleyes:

You obviously don't understand the nature of this organisation

Obviously not, thanks for the explanation as to why I don't understand it. That has definitely helped me understand it a lot better! explain it numnuts.

Their website says Talent and Literary Agency. Book deal?

A friend sent me this internal announcement from WME. It mentions a book and a film but isn't specific.

======

To: All

Everyday is like Sunday? Not today.

We are pleased to announce that MORRISSEY is now a client of WME.

Morrissey is a true icon in every sense of the word. As the frontman for The Smiths, Morrissey made an impact on music that is still felt today, crafting songs that are cited as an influence among the world's biggest acts. His solo career has established him as one of the most revered artists of the last few decades. He has produced an unparalleled catalogue, cherished and revered the world over. With one of the most rabid fan bases ever seen in music, Morrissey is a monumental addition to the WME family.

With a new record and book on the horizon and interest in the TV and filmspace, the Morrissey mythos is only poised to continue to grow.

Now enjoy Morrissey performing at Pinkpop and Glastonbury.

How Soon Is Now? Live at Pinkpop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbcPONXRHQ

First of the Gang to Die, Live at Glastonbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe3E28-g1o

Team Moz

Shouldnt that be from Moz Posse?

Some people get the best jobs.
Until they get fired.

Does this mean Ron Laffitte is fired?

Last edited:
A friend sent me this internal announcement from WME. It mentions a book and a film but isn't specific.

======

To: All

Everyday is like Sunday? Not today.

We are pleased to announce that MORRISSEY is now a client of WME.

Morrissey is a true icon in every sense of the word. As the frontman for The Smiths, Morrissey made an impact on music that is still felt today, crafting songs that are cited as an influence among the world's biggest acts. His solo career has established him as one of the most revered artists of the last few decades. He has produced an unparalleled catalogue, cherished and revered the world over. With one of the most rabid fan bases ever seen in music, Morrissey is a monumental addition to the WME family.

With a new record and book on the horizon and interest in the TV and filmspace, the Morrissey mythos is only poised to continue to grow.

Now enjoy Morrissey performing at Pinkpop and Glastonbury.

How Soon Is Now? Live at Pinkpop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbcPONXRHQ

First of the Gang to Die, Live at Glastonbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe3E28-g1o

Team Moz

Pinkpop?

that's not announced, or is it the 2006 clip

yer confusing me with Glastonbury where he is on the bill, and also
clip from the festival a few years ago

can yer friends give info about the supposed new upcoming dates, as the Scandinavian
Morrissey mentioned
[why not Pukkelpop is the best festival in Belgium, at an airplainfield, kiwiet just
near Hasselt in Belgium]

Pinkpop is no matter who plays, like Lowlands, 2 festivals in the Netherlands where
teenagers and some oldskoolerz [Nugs copyright] and every year tradition to come back
meeting 1 ina YEAR friend,... it's almost sold out weeks before the both 2/3 day festival with camping,
lots of Pills Thrills and heady stuff/packs of beer, begin, well it starts when the camping opens , mostly a day before goes on really, with music, some really come that no matters who plays, that's just not the main reason

anyway get fed up about those anonymous people who ' seem to be in the know'
and 'can't say more' but heard Morrissey this and that cencerning
that anonymous posts , which I read a few past weeks are getting annoying,
becuase in the past some of those were pretty true, but lots of scam, so
if it's a scam or just a rumour, people here are 200% if it comes to gigs or records anouncing in ano posts,
so one is playing with OUR feelings about Morrissey, the reason we come here, and
follow him, and are dedicated, some over 25 years including the Smiths

OUT

:crazy:

' and they say he's mentall'

ps;
and of-topic

let the flaming begin:lbf:

Last edited:
this is no small time company. Look at the contemporary acts that they deal with, Pearl Jam, Pixies, RATM etc, - it is no downstep for Moz to join them whatsoever. Just looking to promote his material properly! (as he expressed how unhappy he was with very best of's distrubution)

x

and the past signings had many of morrissey`s heroes...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom