Morrissey spotted at Grammys party at Sunset Marquis

I love the bootleg theater, have seen so many amazing shows there. And the bar doesn't gouge you.

I know. Why the hell was he there?

He was probably trying to *network* with music industry big-wigs to try and get another recording contract. I guess he hoped that being seen smiling and posing for photographs with other ancient recording stars at venues in LA would counter the propaganda from Harvest Records that he's *difficult to work with*. It seems it didn't work and that this failure triggered his *tired and emotional* meltdown about the BRITS, who have also got it in for him. Maybe he could do a record with Jackson Browne and Buffy Sainte-Marie about AGEISM IN ROCK! He's very political, Morrissey, so it wouldn't surprise me if he made this the theme of his next recordings.

best
BB

My cousin who works fOr the Grammies just text me that she saw him at this. I'm so jealous! Wish she had invited me!

He was probably trying to *network* with music industry big-wigs to try and get another recording contract. I guess he hoped that being seen smiling and posing for photographs with other ancient recording stars at venues in LA would counter the propaganda from Harvest Records that he's *difficult to work with*. It seems it didn't work and that this failure triggered his *tired and emotional* meltdown about the BRITS, who have also got it in for him. Maybe he could do a record with Jackson Browne and Buffy Sainte-Marie about AGEISM IN ROCK! He's very political, Morrissey, so it wouldn't surprise me if he made this the theme of his next recordings.

best
BB

Right so let's get this straight, Morrissey went to that event wanting to secure a new recording contract which he was expecting to achieve in 24 hours. As he didn't have a new contract signed, sealed and delivered within that time he then took to TTY to issue an angry missive denouncing the entire industry. :lbf: Have you contacted the BBC about maybe doing some comedy writing for them? I think you would be quite good. The only downside I can think of is that it may get in the way of your Morrissey obsession, leaving you less time to study and disseminate his every move.

Right so let's get this straight, Morrissey went to that event wanting to secure a new recording contract which he was expecting to achieve in 24 hours. As he didn't have a new contract signed, sealed and delivered within that time he then took to TTY to issue an angry missive denouncing the entire industry. :lbf: Have you contacted the BBC about maybe doing some comedy writing for them? I think you would be quite good. The only downside I can think of is that it may get in the way of your Morrissey obsession, leaving you less time to study and disseminate his every move.

No, that's not what happened. I've since heard he wasn't even let beyond the velvet rope and that's why he went bonkers on TTY. It's one thing to be ignored by the BRITS but when you can't even be taken seriously at the Grammy's then it's time to launch the nuclear missiles. So he did. And they landed. And failed to detonate.

I'm not obsessed with Morrissey. I'm interested in the ephemerality of fame and he's as good a focus for these enquiries as any of the other fools. I've explained this many times. Can you please keep up. Thanks.

best
BB

No, that's not what happened. I've since heard he wasn't even let beyond the velvet rope and that's why he went bonkers on TTY. It's one thing to be ignored by the BRITS but when you can't even be taken seriously at the Grammy's then it's time to launch the nuclear missiles. So he did. And they landed. And failed to detonate.

I'm not obsessed with Morrissey. I'm interested in the ephemerality of fame and he's as good a focus for these enquiries as any of the other fools. I've explained this many times. Can you please keep up. Thanks.

best
BB

in the same post you heard he wasnt allowed past the velvet rope but then you know why he made his statement and that they failed etc. im not sure about why or what but i know this and that seems a pretty common theme.

He wasn't at a Grammys party. He was at the bar in the hotel and that's where people saw him.

best
BB

You pretty much comment on every interview he gives, every concert he plays, you've posted thousands of often long winded and rambling (yet occasionally very funny) posts on a Morrissey related website. And in these posts you do not dissect the 'ephemerality of fame' you dissect each every move of Morrissey. You dissect the career of Morrissey and the hypocrisy of Morrissey as you see it. You can attempt to dress it up in fancier terms if it helps justify your obsession to yourself, but loathe him or love him your obsession with M is fairly plain to see.

He's living rent free in your head :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom