Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Mentioned on NME.

Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Excerpt:

T-shirt promotes singer's new album 'Low In High School'

Morrissey takes a swipe at police brutality with a new politically-charged t-shirt bearing the title of a song from his new album.

40757_Morrissey-police-brutality-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Money from brutality. Tremendous. Almost as tactful as the Baldwin shirt.

Exactly who is in charge of quality control these days?

Haven't a million punk bands sold shirts similar. You're sounding more and more like an old nay saying hippie

Haven't a million punk bands sold shirts similar. You're sounding more and more like an old nay saying hippie

Thing is, people who were in punk bands, writing about, and objecting to, police officers' conduct were actually quite likely to find themselves in trouble with the police - unlike multi-millionaire Morrissey. Neither is he likely to find himself on the receiving-end of a police baton nor to have any other legitimate personal gripe against the police.

He wants his fans to think him "edgy", but, in fact, he's just a cock.

Money from brutality. Tremendous. Almost as tactful as the Baldwin shirt.

Exactly who is in charge of quality control these days?

did you think the same thing about the 'Meat is murder' shirt and 'Queen is dead' shirt when you first saw them ? nah, I bet you bought both.

Thing is, people who were in punk bands, writing about, and objecting to, police officers' conduct were actually quite likely to find themselves in trouble with the police - unlike multi-millionaire Morrissey. Neither is he likely to find himself on the receiving-end of a police baton nor to have any other legitimate personal gripe against the police.

In Rome, according to his report he was harassed by a cop and felt his life was threatened.

And anyways for example, you don't have to live your life confined to a wheelchair to write a song like 'November Spawned A Monster'.

He wants his fans to think him "edgy", but, in fact, he's just a cock.

a person doesn't need to be black to sell a shirt that says fu€k racism or gay to sell a gay to sell a no to homophobia shirt. Ive be bought both from small companies over the years and was happy to see them available. By your reasoning a lot of documentary filmmakers shouldn't he be allowed to profit from there films

In Rome, according to his report he was harassed by a cop and felt his life was threatened.

I do not believe that he was harassed or that his life was threatened or that he felt that his life was threatened. His "report" is absurd.

And anyways for example, you don't have to live your life confined to a wheelchair to write a song like 'November Spawned A Monster'.

That's true, but "November Spawned a Monster" wasn't a pathetically transparent contrivance to sell himself as an anti-authority icon. At that point, simply being himself was sufficiently oppositional. If memory serves me right, that was about 26 or 27 years ago. What he's doing now (and on the last album) seems like so much barrel-scraping desperation. It's deeply repellant.

a person doesn't need to be black to sell a shirt that says fu€k racism or gay to sell a gay to sell a no to homophobia shirt. Ive be bought both from small companies over the years and was happy to see them available. By your reasoning a lot of documentary filmmakers shouldn't he be allowed to profit from there films

What he's doing is not an act of solidarity, and it doesn't illuminate anything for anybody. It's shameless exploitation of social problems to further his own brand. In 2017, he's no longer a well-rounded (albeit massively f***ed up) human being making an artistic record of himself; he's a hollowed-out shell of a person, a brand to be marketed to impressionable young people and to older people who should know a lot better.

I do not believe that he was harassed or that his life was threatened or that he felt that his life was threatened. His "report" is absurd.

That's true, but "November Spawned a Monster" wasn't a pathetically transparent contrivance to sell himself as an anti-authority icon. At that point, simply being himself was sufficiently oppositional. If memory serves me right, that was about 26 or 27 years ago. What he's doing now (and on the last album) seems like so much barrel-scraping desperation. It's deeply repellant.

'His "report" is absurd'

nothing 'absurd' about it, happens everyday, I don't know where you've been living.

'that was about 26 or 27 years ago. What he's doing now (and on the last album)..'

nothings changed, maybe you have.

'It's deeply repellant.'

if it's 'repellent' to you, then why bother to come here just to hate. Do something to counter it in your own life rather than waste your energy here.

nothing 'absurd' about it, happens everyday, I don't know where you've been living.

When he files an official complaint and produces evidence to support his allegations, I'll look at it and proceed from there. Until and unless that happens, I maintain that his "reports" are bullshit. The burden of proof's on him.

nothings changed, maybe you have.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if I hadn't matured and evolved as a person in the course of 27 years.

if it's 'repellent' to you, then why bother to come here just to hate. Do something to counter it in your own life rather than waste your energy here.

I'm not "hating", I'm criticising. It's an end in itself.

What he's doing is not an act of solidarity, and it doesn't illuminate anything for anybody. It's shameless exploitation of social problems to further his own brand. In 2017, he's no longer a well-rounded (albeit massively f***ed up) human being making an artistic record of himself; he's a hollowed-out shell of a person, a brand to be marketed to impressionable young people and to older people who should know a lot better.

That's just based on what you think. You don't know how the shirt or his words on the matter or the lyrics in his songs or the video montage he plays at his concerts effects other people so don't speak for others as if you know there mind and are stating some fact because you're not. You've no more knowledge of how he feels than you do those who sell the documentaries I mentioned or the bands who sell similar shirts and you don't know there effects on his fans or anyone's who might just see the shirt worn

That's just based on what you think. You don't know how the shirt or his words on the matter or the lyrics in his songs or the video montage he plays at his concerts effects other people so don't speak for others as if you know there mind and are stating some fact because you're not. You've no more knowledge of how he feels than you do those who sell the documentaries I mentioned or the bands who sell similar shirts and you don't know there effects on his fans or anyone's who might just see the shirt worn

Yeah, yeah. Rage against the machine etc. The revolution will be brought to you by Sony. Or BMG.

Yeah, yeah. Rage against the machine etc. The revolution will be brought to you by Sony. Or BMG.

Thanks.
I will buy some product to support them.
It's the least what I can do.

Everyone will play there part. I'm not really looking for revolution though, just some change

An airport rent a cop, violated his pristine anal passage, during a security check. That counts for something.
His AP got patted.:mad:

Everyone will play there part. I'm not really looking for revolution though, just some change

A bit overrated that word, yawn.
Politicians used it a lot and promised it cause somebody, somewhere said that's what the public wants.
It's a very cynical profession as amongst them they complain about the public. Something like, why can't they drag their ass to the voting station and vote, damnit.

You just have to vote for them and shut your mouth. They know what is good for you.
They won't say it in public but they all think we are a bunch of dumbasses who should leave it to them.

When he files an official complaint and produces evidence to support his allegations, I'll look at it and proceed from there. Until and unless that happens, I maintain that his "reports" are bullshit. The burden of proof's on him.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if I hadn't matured and evolved as a person in the course of 27 years.

I'm not "hating", I'm criticising. It's an end in itself.

The burden is on the police of the world.

'..evolved as a person in the course of 27 years.'

don't be embarrassed, accept and move on.

''I'm not "hating", I'm criticising.'

well, you're not going to change him, and it doesn't help you, so ....

so just because he's a bit socially removed from this issue that means he's not allowed to have an opinion on it or be moved by the plight of people who have suffered police brutality? so all rich and famous people shouldnt bother speaking out about police brutality or try to show support to that who have suffered from it? would it be better if he was okay with it? :confused:

'Who will protect us from idiots speeding the wrong way down a one way street'?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom