Morrissey throws a heckler out of the Hamburg concert

That's his mentality. Mine doesn't matter.

He'll do whatever the hell he wants because... he can.

All we can do is bitch and moan about how we would like him to have different album covers, different songs, different set lists, different band, different tour dates, different behavior, different reaction, different response, different manager, different record company, different b-sides, different this, different that... And then hope he will change all of that, so we can bitch about how he didn't do it right so we can bitch again.

:bow::clap::clap:

"Somebody just shouted and told me to go f*** myself," he said. "Who said that?" And the guy, really smart move, goes, "Me!"

I can't remember he said "Me!" But maybe I was too shocked. This guy was standing right behind me and when Moz asked who shouted "f*** off" we all pointed at this guy and he turned his head away. So, it wasn't smart at all.

Boz looked like he was going to eat him.

Oh yes!!! Boz' face was directly above mine and I nearly didn't recognize him because his face looked very, very, VERY angry!! I never thought he's able to look like that!!! Incredible how the band is standing behind Moz! That's really admirable.

I think the stupid guy really misunderstood the whole point. I think he thought Moz had called us "Hot Dogs" and that's why the "f*** off" and "you told bad things about us". He didn't notice that Moz didn't want to call us "Hot Dogs" and preferred "Hamburgists" instead if Hamburger. Everyone understood the joke and laughed about it but this one guy didn't and nearly spoilt the whole concert.

I was surprised to see Boz in a good mood so fast after his I'm-going-to-rip-you-in-pieces-face. And I have to say the band played really wonderful!!! And Moz' voice was fantastic and he sung so beautiful. It was a great concert after all and I'm so happy and everything.

And for all who think Moz shouldn't make such a fuss: If you're onstage and sing songs you love and you open your soul for a few minutes and some idiots throw bottles or tell you to f*** off what would you do? I'd be very angry and would do the same such as Moz. He was right to throw this idiot out. No one has to be told to f*** off.

I'll never understand what people think when they buy a ticket for a concert of their idol which they obviously admire and throw things on the stage or say stupid things. What do they think? Do they think at all? Or do they want to be a "cool guy" for a second? Please can someone explain that to me? Because I can't follow that.

At least now I know how these idiots look like and should I see this guy on the next concert he shouldn't dare to open his mouth.

Last edited:
Poor Morrissey. There's only so much shit a human being can take. He looks so frustrated and fed up and hurt and dejected.
I was at Swindon and Liverpool so I have first hand experience of feeling disappointment so I don't say that niavely.
I would like to give him a hug and some love.

I am surprised no one has mentioned this.

Me thinks Morrissey is in a depression. You can't handle 'anything' when you're down. A low tolerance level, you feel touchy and tend to blow things of proportion. The way he responds to somewhat stupid things is over the top I believe. This has been going on through the course of the Swords tour. The liverpool bottle incident and this.

I believe he has difficulty to relativate things and some people write that off to DIVA behaviour. But he's clearly angry and a diva could care less about that last part. That's how I see it. It's sad to see him act like he is right now cause what he really should think is: I'm above all of that!

I hope he gets to relax and find peace with himself. Cause if you have that, no one will bother you much. Stay strong Moz. We love you. Always will.

I love the way Moz always knows the name of the guy doing the lights. I remember the same thing happening at Reading Hexagon 1985, on the bootleg you can hear moz saying "John, lights please". He also said it in Norway a while back, I never thought he was that close to his crew!
I still don't blame him for this reaction though and the guy should not have admitted it was him shouting if he didn't want an argument.

I am surprised no one has mentioned this.

Me thinks Morrissey is in a depression. You can't handle 'anything' when you're down. A low tolerance level, you feel touchy and tend to blow things of proportion. The way he responds to somewhat stupid things is over the top I believe. This has been going on through the course of the Swords tour. The liverpool bottle incident and this.

I believe he has difficulty to relativate things and some people write that off to DIVA behaviour. But he's clearly angry and a diva could care less about that last part. That's how I see it. It's sad to see him act like he is right now cause what he really should think is: I'm above all of that!

I hope he gets to relax and find peace with himself. Cause if you have that, no one will bother you much. Stay strong Moz. We love you. Always will.

I hope he gets better soon and maybe the people who can't understand mental illness, go and.........

Well this 'Swords' tour is certainly living up to it's name, verbal thrusts and parrys, aggression , cutting remarks and Moz and the audience almost coming to blows. It makes you wonder what's going to happen next! I think after this tour he should have a very long rest and come back refreshed and able to cope with whatever is thrown at him (hopefully not literally again though)

Does anyone not feel AT ALL sad for the guy who heckled?

Yea, he was far too quick to jump to the conclusion that Moz was insulting his nation, but how many of us have probably done that once or twice in our daily lives? In the heat of the moment, you miss-understand what someone says and take it personally ... You yell and scream at them, then when you realise you got the wrong end of the stick you calm down and eat some humble pie...

People may say now, well if he is a fan then he shouldn't be telling his idol to F off .. well actually, the fact that he loves Moz is even more a reason to react impulsively. Hearing your hero mock (apparently) your nation is far more likely to arouse upset than if someone you didnt care about said it ...

This guy loves Morrissey. He said so himself. He will be utterly sick to the stomach at being thrown out, and for this, i really do feel for him.

Last edited:
I can't remember he said "Me!" But maybe I was too shocked. This guy was standing right behind me and when Moz asked who shouted "f*** off" we all pointed at this guy and he turned his head away. So, it wasn't smart at all.

Ah. I thought I was hearing someone say "me" on the vid, but maybe that was just someone else saying "he did" or something. There was a bit of an uproar as well at that point. I was a bit to the left and in 5th row so I only saw the guy as he was being walked out past me, thanks for clearing that up.

And you're right, the band was brilliant. I think considering all the circumstances (bad venue, not sold out, stuff happening) it was still a great gig.

Yea, he was far too quick to jump to the conclusion that Moz was insulting his nation, but how many of us have probably done that once or twice in our daily lives? In the heat of the moment, you miss-understand what someone says and take it personally ... You yell and scream at them, then when you realise you got the wrong end of the stick you calm down and eat some humble pie...

People may say now, well if he is a fan then he shouldn't be telling his idol to F off .. well actually, the fact that he loves Moz is even more a reason to react impulsively. Hearing your hero mock (apparently) your nation is far more likely to arouse upset than if someone you didnt care about said it ...

This guy loves Morrissey. He said so himself. He will be utterly sick to the stomach at being thrown out, and for this, i really do feel for him.

Slightly, but why would you shout that? I've been at the front at a lot of Moz shows when he has been near and called out a few things, sometimes things he has heard or reacted to but I would never thing to shout f*** off or anything like it. It shows he hears more than he lets on though!

Not really, plus he'll make it into the next moz book. He'll be part of the potted history.

Shame Morrissey didnt show his balls so willingly at the Liverpool Echo Arena... obviously fancied his chances far more amongst a German audience... Goodnight........... as someone, who's name escapes me, once said before spitting his dummy out and stomping off stage, never to return... how dramatic, how manly... :lbf:

I have it on good authority in Munich the band are going to wear lederhosen, Moz is going to dress up as the Fuhrer and bring the house down with his humourous testament to the 1972 Olympics...

Someone throw their tankard at him. If it was me who had been insulted I'd have tunred round and enquired "Me leave? Makes a change from you then!"

That last bit actually made me splutter my hot chocolate all over the keyboard! Excellent.

i was kind of on morrisseys side until i saw the video. his tone is just completely arrogant and nauseating. i still don't blame him for leaving liverpool but this i think he definitely could have and should have handled a bit better.

i work with the public on a daily basis - there are some real tools out there. If someone swears at me its game over - I won't put up with it and don't expect my colleagues to either. If that makes me a diva then so be it. It is not acceptable to act out and swear at someone whether you think they have made a joke you don't like or whatever so why can't he throw them out his own gig? At least he carried on and the rest of the crowd didn't suffer for one morons actions this time...

I don't feel bad for the guy who said that.. it was just wrong, he rightly deserved it. However, if he were such a fan (just check your p's and q's my boy) he shouldn't have said that. I feel bad for him in a sense b/c Moz can cut anyone down to pieces if he so wishes, and that would be hard to take. Again, who in their right mind would own it as he. Asking for trouble. God bless, I would hate to be on the receiving end of that.. In that manner.

Has anyone here locked eyes with Morrissey? It's like he's piercing your soul. Just that alone makes you want to look away. God, I can't imagine being knocked down by him. He must really dis-like you if he dropped the F'Y Bomb.

Don't be surprised little guy that you are barred from any other shows. He knows your face now.. and that's a terrible thing for you.

Tags
gis a cud grumpy old men moz team boz team moz
Back
Top Bottom