Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - BBC Radio 4

Reminder: interview to air today, Apr. 20 at 7:15PM BBC Radio 4. Post your reports in the comments section below.

According to the Radio listings in next week's Radio Times (16-22 April 2011) it says :
'John Wilson interviews iconic singer/songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey'.

This is due to be broadcast @ 7.15pm-BBC Radio 4-Wednesday 20/04/2011.
Cannot see anything on the FrontRow website yet. Hopefully this is the first of a few media appearances. Thought the Front Row interview of 2009 was excellent.

Kewpie sends the link to the confirmation on the Radio Times site.

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 8:30 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted the Radio 4 site update with photo:

Morrissey talks to John Wilson

In a rare interview, Morrissey talks about David Cameron, the Royal Family and the autobiography he has written.

b010dqgd_640_360.jpg

Info on John Wilson's Twitter posted by thecondy:

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year. Moz wants it to be a Penguin Classic.
- Moz doesn't follow J.Marr on Twitter
- he was eloquent and charming​

Another photo with John Wilson posted by joe frady:

x2_59d3e04.jpg

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 4:20 PM PT:

Best Friend On The Payrole has provided a link to download the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qki5e5

Link to the interview on YouTube from MuteWitness616:

goinghome posted the link in the comments:

Morrissey calls David Cameron ‘no better than a child-killer’ on BBC Radio 4 - by Adam Sherwin, Beehive City

Last edited by a moderator:
From Radio 4 site - "In a rare interview, Morrissey talks about David Cameron, the Royal Family and the autobiography he has written."

So the book is written? Interesting.

autobio

release it

and anonymous Morrissey is getting 52, me thinks he looks
great, knowing the life he lives as an artist, so his private life
and vegan is now on his side, no plastic surgery or hair implant,
he just is what you see/get, the last of famous international playboys
England's Last Living Legend

:thumb:

[ for at least 35 year to come]

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

autobio

release it

and anonymous Morrissey is getting 52, me thinks he looks
great, knowing the life he lives as an artist, so his private life
and vegan is now on his side, no plastic surgery or hair implant,
he just is what you see/get, the last of famous international playboys
England's Last Living Legend

:thumb:

[ for at least 35 year to come]

He isn't Vegan. Never has been.

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

Acquiring himself well so far. Not as scathing on Cameron as I thought he would be but -best of all- nothing controversial so far.

"I'm trimming."

Confirmed that autobiography will be out next year - but - as yet there is no publisher. And yes it's at 660 pages just now so a lot of scores must have been settled within.

Last edited:
I thought the Britain has changed comment might bring forth something a little awkward but no well done!! Very pleasant.

"I've never followed anyone on Twit- ter"

Well, that was... brief.

Less is more. Frankly I'm glad that it wasn't longer as the more he talks the more chance he'll plant his Size 9's in his mouth. Still, autobiography confirmation!

same old interview. They must always bring up the Smiths reunion. They must always go over the early singles. I want to hear about contemporary Morrissey news-not what happened 20 years ago. That's already well documented!

He's promoting an album of his greatest hits in the original EMI solo era.... and they'll always bring up a Smiths reunion question. Its what he is most famous for. Its a national radio programme on a British institution not a fawning fan station

They gave it all away in the teaser! I hate when they do that!!

The interview lasted approx 15 minutes and was interspersed with snippets from 'Everyday is like Sunday', 'You're gonna need someone on your side', 'Suedehead', and 'Last of the Famous'. Interviewer announced that Moz arrived today for the interview to promote the new 'best of' cd.
Moz was in good form. Interview started with whether or not Moz was surpised that he was still singing in 2011 with so many years as solo artist. Moz replied that he would have been happy with making one or two solo albums and that he is amazed that he is still around. He was asked about his feelings about the UK and wheteher it's changed in last two years to which Moz replied that it has changed considerably and is more American and that tv and the news should be avoided and that the assumption in UK at the moment is that everyone loves the royal family, which of course is not the case. Later he was asked if he could ever see a day when he would return to live in the UK and Moz said he could imagine it very easily. He was asked about David Cameron liking his music and whether he'd ever met Cameron (the answer was no, and Moz can't stop people from listening to his music but probably would not open his dressing room door to Cameron because of his extreme lifestyle of hunting stags). Moz was asked the bring question of the chances of a Smiths reunion and he said it would never happen as there would be no point. Moz was asked if he follows Johnny Marr on Twitter and that Marr is very funny on twitter. Moz replied that he has never followed anyone on twitter. Moz said he didn't see a difference between Smiths and solo songs and that it was all seamless to him, and that the songs have stood up well over time and are as relevant today as the day they were written, and that the song titles are still interesting. Moz says he has finished a 660 page auto-biography and is trimming it down because he doubts that anyone would read 6 pages, never mind 660. He doesn't have a publisher but they joked that Moz wants the book to be printed as an instant Penguin classic. Moz said that the music industry has changed and although it is easy to convince the fans of his quality it is difficult to convince the record company suits of the same, but that he is still here. I can't think of anything else that they spoke about but Moz sounded relaxed. I wish the interviewer had asked about any plans for a new album but they never got around to that.
A.C.T.O.N. (listening from Galway).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom