Morrissey to play at the Cruel World Festival (Carson, CA, May 2, 2020)

full

Information via Jesse Tobias:

20200211_202104.jpg

Event website:
https://cruelworldfest.com/
(presale tickets / prices).
Update February 15: tickets sold out.

A nice selection of bands.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Last edited:
Is being aged 60, & a music fan (Morrissey especially), considered too old to go to a concert such as this, or the one in Leeds/London? Some of us oldies are still physically active & young at heart y'know.
Real question.

I posted earlier about Bauhaus,they couldn't fill a twenty minute set with hits.

Except that they could, quite easily ...

Bela Lugosi's Dead
She's in Parties
Lagartija Nik
Spirit
Telegram Sam
Kick in the Eye
Ziggy Stardust
The Passion of Lovers

All troubled the UK independent charts. 5 troubled the UK singles charts.

Is being aged 60, & a music fan (Morrissey especially), considered too old to go to a concert such as this, or the one in Leeds/London? Some of us oldies are still physically active & young at heart y'know.
Real question.

Age isn't an issue to go to a gig or at least it shouldn't be. However, I think anyone of any age should be questioning whether they wish to support Morrissey given his political views. I'm know many folk aged mid 40s to 60s (once ardent fans) who didn't even consider the last tour or the current UK gigs. People who have spent most of their youth and life (and incredible amounts of money) following him all over the world who can no longer stomach his rhetoric. There was a time I would know of several hundred people going to a Morrissey gig (pre and post shows would be organised). I know of no-one going to Leeds and only 2 folk I know are going to London. One of them because he can't bear the idea of missing a UK show because he's been to them all - even he's conflicted. It's a sorry state of affairs instigated by Morrissey himself. Rather than tour (cancel) he has chosen only 2 dates. In some ways it's quite clever (truncate the tour - get more people going to these dates - they sell out - claim success) but even these dates have failed to sell-out weeks after going on sale. Once loyal fans have left and are staying away. I don't see how can return from this.

All this is saying is that Mike and Andy ate fish for a month, prior to giving up eating animals altogether. It is widely acknowledged that Moz has been vegetarian since he was 11, so I can only assume that Mike means that no one in the band except Moz was vegetarian at the start of Meat Is Murder. I think that’s pretty obvious.
It's not really "widely acknowledged" that he went veg at 11. He's repeated that so many times, we accept it as truth, but in an interview in 1985, he claimed he'd been veg for "almost a decade" which would mean that he became vegetarian at age 16 or 17. Not that it matters.
Yes, that was my point. If he had a problem with Mike and Andy eating fish and told them that fish feel pain back in the '80s, he obviously wasn't a pescatarian.

It's not really "widely acknowledged" that he went veg at 11. He's repeated that so many times, we accept it as truth, but in an interview in 1985, he claimed he'd been veg for "almost a decade" which would mean that he became vegetarian at age 16 or 17. Not that it matters.
Yes, that was my point. If he had a problem with Mike and Andy eating fish and told them that fish feel pain back in the '80s, he obviously wasn't a pescatarian.
Never heard that before about moz being a fish eater!!!can remember a while back watching something on the smiths, think it was Johnny , or Andy saying that whilst recording meat is murder, they were all in a cafe eating and Andy sat down with his food, with meat on his plate, the other three got up and moved to another table, it was at that point andy became veggie .

There was also a NY Times article out this week explaining that Blue was originally scheduled for Broadway, but since B'way theaters are so in demand now, they had to move to the Apollo as Blue could not secure a B'way venue. So a change of plans. Hopefully they have room for a weeks residency after Blue ends in August. Blue is a four-month run with a production nearly every day.

All very strange as the Apollo's own website makes no mention of it at all. Ah well.

Back to Cruel World, is this line up all on one stage? It seems a massive number of acts for just one day on one stage.

If he had a problem with Mike and Andy eating fish and told them that fish feel pain back in the '80s, he obviously wasn't a pescatarian.
So are we arguing here or what? I thought you said he was a pescatarian in the mid 80s? Or was that some other anonymous? Either way, he obviously wasn’t.

Except that they could, quite easily ...

Bela Lugosi's Dead
She's in Parties
Lagartija Nik
Spirit
Telegram Sam
Kick in the Eye
Ziggy Stardust
The Passion of Lovers

All troubled the UK independent charts. 5 troubled the UK singles charts.

yeah but they’re playing the us not the u.k.

Age isn't an issue to go to a gig or at least it shouldn't be. However, I think anyone of any age should be questioning whether they wish to support Morrissey given his political views. I'm know many folk aged mid 40s to 60s (once ardent fans) who didn't even consider the last tour or the current UK gigs. People who have spent most of their youth and life (and incredible amounts of money) following him all over the world who can no longer stomach his rhetoric. There was a time I would know of several hundred people going to a Morrissey gig (pre and post shows would be organised). I know of no-one going to Leeds and only 2 folk I know are going to London. One of them because he can't bear the idea of missing a UK show because he's been to them all - even he's conflicted. It's a sorry state of affairs instigated by Morrissey himself. Rather than tour (cancel) he has chosen only 2 dates. In some ways it's quite clever (truncate the tour - get more people going to these dates - they sell out - claim success) but even these dates have failed to sell-out weeks after going on sale. Once loyal fans have left and are staying away. I don't see how can return from this.
Find it hard to believe you know hundreds of people not going who would before??? Have you been to the Star & Garter regular Moz disco? The hardcore are all still on board, all the same faces & I know hundreds of fans who ARE going to Leeds who are cool fans that wont have their minds brainwashed by the faux outrage brigade!

Real question.

Not at all. You should go! While there will be young people there a good portion of the audience will likely be in their late 40s and 50s, given the line up.

Stay young at heart and buy a ticket!

Find it hard to believe you know hundreds of people not going who would before??? Have you been to the Star & Garter regular Moz disco? The hardcore are all still on board, all the same faces & I know hundreds of fans who ARE going to Leeds who are cool fans that wont have their minds brainwashed by the faux outrage brigade!

I've been to most if not all of the Morrisseys pre/post shows and dedicated nights etc. in the UK. I know many hard core fans who are most defintely not on board - I'm one of them. While I used to be a very loyal, long-standing fan I was not nearly as devoted as some. I'm sure there will be some old-time fans there. The way ex-fans feel is not faux - Morrissey's attempt at a previous tour proved that. Tickets sales for these dates prove that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom