Morrissey to play Hollywood Bowl (26 October, 2019) Interpol supporting - Morrissey Official FB

full

(Ticket link = Ticketmaster).

Image from the 2 posted by @madness.la on IG:

3a9141e5e06aee48434845cd65fd2f73.jpg e49d800083f06e5ce4f087368d781cc9.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 31:

Link to press release posted by Thewlis:

Show in Irvine is sold out.
http://portable-infinite.blogspot.com/2019/07/morrissey-sells-out-five-points.html?m=1

Morrissey Sells Out Five Points Amphitheatre, Announces Hollywood Bowl Tour Finale
The Britpop icon will end his US Fall arena tour at the legendary Los Angeles venue on Oct. 26 joined by special guests Interpol
Tickets onsale Friday, August 2nd at 12 P.M. EST

The Los Angeles love affair with Morrissey continues. Due to popular demand, Morrissey has announced the final show of his arena headline tour at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, October 26th. This special show will be the Britpop icon’s last stop on a sprawling U.S. fall tour that will see Moz across both coasts. The show was announced this morning on KROQ and comes on the heels of Morrissey selling out the antepenultimate show of the tour at the Five Points Amphitheatre in Irvine, California.
Touring in support of his latest LP, 60s/70s covers album California Son (Étienne Records/BMG), Morrissey will kick off the tour on September 5th in Maryland’sMerriweather Post Pavilion. The rock pioneer will be joined on the road by post-punk luminaries Interpol. California Son entered Billboard’s Vinyl Album Chart at #1 in May.
Morrissey’s "Smash Hit" Broadway residency kicked off his 2019 campaign earlier this summer with a series of seven "instant sell-out" shows at Manhattan's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Critics worldwide raved about the run, which saw Moz draw material from throughout his remarkable repertoire of hits ranging from his storied early days with the Smiths to his acclaimed solo releases. Jon Pareles of The New York Times described his opening night performance as “ impeccably sung” and “as intimate as his songs themselves.”
Fans still remember Morrissey’s last Hollywood Bowl appearances as two of his all-time best. Morrissey himself will find it hard to forget the 35,000 seat sell out for the launch of his Low in High School tour, which lead the Mayor of Los Angeles to officially proclaim November 10th as “Morrissey Day”.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I l
Ah. Remember the days when these venues would sell out in under 5 minutes? The days when he had no support or poor support. I wonder if Interpol will help numbers? We'll see when tickets go on sale. It seems that Latinos are beginning to see Moz's Trumpish mask slip and other insightful fans have no interest in his right-wing agenda - no matter on which continent he expresses that vile agenda. I can just see him now, placard in hand "Integration never. Segregation now!"

The Latinos I know don't give a damn about his politics, they didn't before when they were eating burgers when Meat is Murder came on and they don't now. Most just think he's an awesome entertainer.
I think more have left as his music hasn't been as good for a while, his LA gig aren't that good and the these resent fake interviews and his nephews carry on have made 'ol Mozzer look stupid.
He just isn't as cool as he was

I l

The Latinos I know don't give a damn about his politics, they didn't before when they were eating burgers when Meat is Murder came on and they don't now. Most just think he's an awesome entertainer.
I think more have left as his music hasn't been as good for a while, his LA gig aren't that good and the these resent fake interviews and his nephews carry on have made 'ol Mozzer look stupid.

:straightface:

ok skinny thanx for the incisive analysis about latinos in LA> will file away in garbage can.:lbf:

I l

I'd say that's true in general of his casual US fan base (not so aware of his politics or the details of how so many record company relationships have gone sour). I caught up with an old friend of mine yesterday - he grew up liking The Smiths, he went to some of the Your Arsenal shows with me (he's also seen Morrissey a time or two on his own since then). I would call him a casual fan. The only thing he knew about the recent controversies is that Morrissey wore "some pin" on Jimmy Fallon (I don't think he even saw the performance). He's never heard of "For Britain," he doesn't spend time on this site. However, if Morrissey played a show near him - he would probably go hoping to mainly hear his older material.

I l

Good post.

I l

You raise some good points here... latinos/ Americans, probably don’t care about this rasist sillyness especially when the president “is carrying himself on” . I do honestly believe that the old boy is still very relevant to music as ever. And I love it when Ol Moz carries himself on

Please do try and enlighten me with what I can only presume is street slang... honestly I would love to learn your lingo

o_O

WTF??? 'street lingo'?:grin:

skinny that is really a brilliant new sock puppet name, "trump tower". nobody will EVER
figure its you.:lbf:
they will probably think its 'surface':smiley:

Regards,
FWD.

o_O

WTF??? 'street lingo'?:grin:

skinny that is really a brilliant new sock puppet name, "trump tower". nobody will EVER
figure its you.:lbf:
they will probably think its 'surface':smiley:

I would be absolutely sure Skinny only posts as himself. Why the f*** would he do it anonymously? He says it how it is. People don’t agree - but he says it. Right or wrong, he does it.
You’re a mongrel who has seriously lost the plot.
Viva Scotland??

I would be absolutely sure Skinny only posts as himself. Why the f*** would he do it anonymously? He says it how it is. People don’t agree - but he says it. Right or wrong, he does it.
Viva Scotland??

Ok Skinny you are regular Theodor Mommsen:crazy:
Viva Scotland and Ireland.o_O
:lbf:
and Wales
and the Isle of Wight,
and Calais.:crazy:

Viva Scotland??
Cant you read the signs?

Please don’t feed the troll.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom